“good hotel in great location.”

Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #32 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Bremerhaven, Germany
“good hotel in great location.”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

booked as mystery hotel and for portland prices, this was a bargain. We were satisfied with the hotel. Room was a bit small and slightly outdated, but still good condition and perfect for a city trip. Free coffee, water and afternoon snack were great. Location is spectacular for exploring downtown Portland. Would stay here again. Only downfall was they forgot to clean our room somehow!!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor with water view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Good afternoon ashbanana,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location along with our afternoon coffee and pineapple cupcakes. I hope you had more than 1 as they are delicious!! I do apologize that we missed making up your room and will discuss with our housekeeping team.
Thank you ashbanana. Come back soon!
Terry Hanley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
Lincoln City, Oregon
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Perfectly situated, on the riverfront close to park and river sights and activities, and train transit. Great valet parking since you don't need a car to get around. Happy hour and a good restaurant, with free bicycles to explore downtown. What a value package!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Greetings Lloyd W,
Thank you for your nice review. We truly appreciate your feedback and are pleased that you had such a good time. We hope you have the opportunity to return very soon!
Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Found this place on Hotels Tonight and was very pleased. Comfortable bed, fantastic location, great bathroom, updated design. Gorgeous picture window overlooked the river and bridges. I have no complaints and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReadyForThisJelly
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Good afternoon ReadyForThisJelly,
Thank you for the great review! We truly appreciate your kind comments. I'm happy that you had such a great time. I am also pleased that you booked a waterfront room. The view is spectacular!
The bed is one of the best in our industry so I'm happy that you enjoyed it.
Thank you ReadyForTheJelly. We hope to see you again soon.
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 14 August 2014

i booked this hotel with trepidation....reading the reviews on Tripadvisor after I booked almost spooked me. However, the negatives I read were not apparent in my stay. My husband and I stayed from July 21, 2014 until July 24, 2014 and had a great stay. The valet service was above and beyond what I experience here in Las Vegas, NV. The front desk staff was not able to accomodate what I had booked online, and compensated by upgrading the room with no extra cost. The room was on the 2nd floor, and was very clean and comfortable. My husband loved lounging on the extended couch. I was worried about the traffic noise other people wrote about, but it was actually soothing, like the pulse of Portland was right outside our window. The bar offered excellent service (thanks Matt!). The breakfast we had there was huge, delicious and entirely filling. The service was a bit slow thanks to a large convention in the other part of the room but pleasant all around. The location is excellent for going into Portland and not feeling like you've walked for miles. I would definately book this room again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Good evening Calhobbs6,
Thank you for your great review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your interactions with our valet attendants (we call them Pineapple People!) and Matt in the bar. It's always very warming to have our employes mentioned online, so thank you! It was also nice to hear that you found your room so comfortable and that you took advantage of our stellar location. It's so quick and easy to get around from our location.
Thank you again Calhobbs6. Please come back and see us soon.
Warm regard,
Encinitas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I just finished a stay at the Hotel Rose. The remodeling is done and the hotel is lovely. My room was extremely comfortable for both sleeping and working (I was attending a conference and did a fair amount of writing/email work in the room). I was a bit concerned because some of the reviews that I saw indicated that the hotel had a fair amount of street noise. I found the noise level fairly typical for an urban hotel and the fan for the air handling system provided sufficient white noise. I slept well every one of the five nights that I was there. The hotel is centrally located. Its proximity to the river is great for exercising and Powell's, good restaurants, and cultural attractions were close by. I'll be back....

Room Tip: Because there is street noise in the area (river front and a bridge), choose a room on a higher floo...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Good evening EncinitasTraveler1,
Thank you for reveiwing your recent stay with us. We truly do value your feedback. We were extremely pleased to read that your stay went so well. Our rooms are very desirable for doing business and our location can't be beat. I am also pleased you like our remodel. We will be making changes upstairs in the corridors later this year so you will have to come back and see the difference. It's going to be great!
Thank you EncinitasTraveler1. We hope you return soon.
bend
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The staff is very friendly and more than willing to accommodate as in room changes if first too noisy, etc. The decor is pleasantly simple and inviting. I loved the shampoo / soap dispenser in the bathroom. While having an office chair, our room did not have a lounge chair which I missed; this is a must for any hotel room.

The location is excellent for spending time at the riverfront or for walking uptown.

Room Tip: One may want an inside room if something is going on in McCall Park as noise level can be high if ba...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank antiphon
Good evening antiphon,
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am pleased that you found our location desirable but sorry to hear you missed a second chair in you room. I will review your comments with our corporate operations team and look at options that would address your comment. I'm happy you enjoyed our Tommy Bahama bath amenities. They are very nice!
Thank you antiphon. We hope you return very soon.
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just spent 4 nights at the Hotel Rose. It is in a great location for walking, riding and it is 2 blocks from freeway access. ( very little traffic noise)
The room was nice ( sheets could be updated) and the staff was great. Free bikes were a great perk and Portland is a very safe and easy place to ride in. My wife had not been on a bike for years and she had know problem riding the cruiser bikes that were provided.
From this location we were able to walk up to the rose gardens in Washington Park and basically cover all of downtown easily. With the bikes we were able to cross the river and check out Hawthorne Street and some of the other neat neighborhoods. With the car we had easy access to the different highways so we could visit some of the areas that were a limitless further away.
I will stay here again the next time I am in Portland.

RPS in Burnaby

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Rob S
Terry H, General Manager at Hotel Rose - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Good afternoon Rob S,
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. I believe the phrase is "location, location, location". We think we have the best and it sounds like you would agree. I'm happy you enjoyed our bikes and found the cruiser style easy to handle. Hopefully the next time you are here you will have the time to try our new restaurant, Bottle + Kitchen. It's fantastic!
Thank you Rob S. We hope you return soon.