“Nice Stay in Portland”

GreenLeadersGold level
Salem, Oregon
“Nice Stay in Portland”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Thanks, Hotel Vintage Plaza......we had a really nice stay. From the valet to the front desk to the staff we met along the way we were treated well. Our room was really nice, clean and comfortable. We were given a ten dollar certificate to spend in the bar/restaurant OR to use in our room's mini-bar.
The concierge service helped us for Saturday night dinner and we really appreciated that assistance and information.
I don't know that I have been to a boutique hotel that has had staff that has been so great to work with than Hotel Vintage Plaza.
Will go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Marymo362;
Your review made my morning! Thank you, I was thrilled to see that you were well cared for by everyone ... our valet, concierge, front desk and housekeeping! We look forward to your next trip to Portland we look forward to serving you again in the future and want to thank you so much for your 5 STAR Review! Happy New Year! Sandy Burkett, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel Vintage Plaza.
Just few words about the hotel.
We were there 26-27 Dec 2013 (just after Christmas).
The room was ok. The location is perfect. Staff is friendly. So I can almost give five from five...
But when we arrived my small daughter came inside first (I was parking the car on the opposite from hotel parking lot, which twice cheaper -thanks to valet who advised) and took small puppy - soft toy. Then my older daughter found two pairs of beautiful socks and was happy. But all those things were not presents. Each of them had the label with price ($32 for dog and $15 for each pair of socks), so I was offered to buy them. I definitely disagree with buying anything I do not want, but if you are trying to take away something from kid's hands while Christmas you are a monster, aren't you? Finally I coped with it by purchasing another presents instead of hotel offer. But actually the situation when you (in my case kids) are offered something extra what you can think as a complimentary can not make me happy... It is really bad way to treat customers. It could spoil the impression of the nice place.
The hotel has the beautiful place named Pazzo restaurant in the hall (ground floor) with magic tasty breakfast. It was the best breakfast in all the Oregon state. It has nice vintage interior and friendly waiters. My respect to all the chiefs, waiters and managers. THANKS!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ivan D
Dear Ivan D -
I appreciate your review and that you loved our staff and the service and that we were 5 for 5 until the puppy got in the way. We certainly don't want you to appear to be a monster - we don't want to appear to be monsters either. Thank you for your review. We have the dogs on the beds- with the tags explaining their story, that we donate a portion of the profits from each sale to the Oregon Humane Society. I am truly sorry that you had that experience with your children. That was not our intent. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We can move them so that they reside with all of the honor bar items for sale and guest convenience. Especially over the holidays we want to add comfort and joy, not stress. Thank you for selecting our hotel. We hope that you allow us to serve you and your family again in the future. Happy New Year. Sandy Burkett, GM
Tucson
Reviewed 26 December 2013

In early September I stayed at the Vintage Plaza in Portland, Oregon. I needed a place to stay because an unusually heavy thunderstorm had hit the area, and I couldn't drive to Bend. I am so glad I called the Vintage Plaza. They had a special rate that included parking. When I got there, the parking attendant was great. He literally helped me unload my full trunk, get the items I needed and he reloaded the trunk with the items I did not need. When I checked in Tamra was so kind and went above and beyond to make sure I got a very comfortable room. I was so grateful for her help in making my stay so comfortable and enjoyable. This is a great property, from location to comfort of the rooms and the great staff. I look forward to staying there again, for more than one night!

Green Features: Kimpton is very committed to sustainability and makes it easy to recycle and even offer bikes as a fun alternative to getting around town.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Timothy R - thank you for the 5 STAR review and the pleasure I had reading your review. We hope that you get to travel north from LA again soon and that we are able to serve you and your family! All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our family of four was more than comfortable in the King Suite. This luxurious room afforded comfort and privacy with a luxurious touch, and was by far the best hotel room our family has ever stayed in. The king-sized bed was on one end of the extra long room, with a full sized bathroom (including a deep and relaxing spa tub and a glass enclosed stand up shower), a lovely "living room" area on the other end (the couch was a pull out for the kids to sleep on), and in the middle was a lovely granite bar with a sink and mini-bar, a dining room sized table, and a desk. Free wi-fi was a plus, as was the free wine hour (they did have a local beer option, as well). The food and drinks at the restaurant/bar on the ground floor were excellent quality, as well. The hotel lobby is tastefully decorated in modern yet inviting decor. Although we saw plenty of dogs in the lobby (it is a pet friendly hotel), we never heard any through the night. While this hotel has been well designed and thought out, it is the staff that makes this a hotel absolutely choosing again without a second thought. Every member was friendly, helpful, informative, and willing to go above and beyond. Great location as well, plenty of shopping, restaurants, and bars within walking distance. There is no pool, however no hotels in the area have a pool, however your own personal spa tub in the King Suite makes up for it. This hotel is a great choice, and one we will make again.

Room Tip: The King Suite was spacious and larger than some apartments.
Green Features: The rooms have a waste bin and a recycle bin of the same size, and the shampoo/conditioner bottles are full size (attached to the wall, so the hotel staff can refill them), so cutting down on waste is easy. Of course, they remind you to conserve your towels and offer an incentive if you do so.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Rubi H.
I absolutely loved reading the detail of your experience while here at our hotel. I was thrilled to see that you and your family of four was well cared for, comfortable and treated consistently with excellence by our entire staff. Listing all of the benefits of our property and our Kimpton Standard benefits was above and beyond. It does hlep other travelers. Your comments about our team was what made my night! We truly look forward to having you back and serving you again in the future. I am blessed as our team is helpful, friendly, informative and goes above and beyond. Thank you so much for noticing and letting others know. Hurry back and Happy New Year! Sandy Burkett, GM
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel was a pure pleasure to experience with my wife and young son. We got to explore all of PDX downtown and when we got back each day we were greeted with a free afternoon wine tasting. Great touch. The rooms at this hotel are large and old school in a good way. Very charming. And great pizza right next door. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Timothy R
Dear Best Location Imaginable! Thank you!!! Loved your entire review and thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel wiht others! I appreciate all the detail that you gave about the hotel and local attractions. We do hope you hurry back and just want you to know we look forward to serving you again! Warmest Regards, Sandy Burkett GM
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed at the Vintage Plaza for 5 days over Thanksgiving and genuinely enjoyed the hotel. The location is right downtown and walkable to most attractions. The starlight room I got was very comfortable and spacious. I had 2 walls of glass to look out on downtown Portland. The staff was very friendly, especially the valets for the car. Always prompt and helpful and asked if I needed directions. The onsite parking is expensive but they tell you the rate upfront and let you know there is public parking close by which is cheaper but nowhere near as convenient. Pet friendly hotel but I only observed that in the lobby, no instances of pets running wild in the hallyway or barking in the night. Overall, I have a very pleasant experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: Starlight rooms are worth the bit extra.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank chinomad60640
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear Chinomad60640;
Thank you for your review that spoke of our great location and that you love our starlight rooms. We are grateful what you have shared with future travelers. Our staff is fabulous and your comments made our day. Hurry back to play in Portland. All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM
Seattle
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Everything about the Hotel Vintage Plaza is great. Outstanding customer service from all staff. Lovely rooms with incredibly comfortable beds. Great food and beverage - very nice to have the nightly wine reception. And finally, an excellent location. The hotel is a great choice for anyone that wants to experience Portland at it's finest.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Kamiak;
Reading your review brought a smile to my face and warmed my heart! You hit on everything any guest looks for in a fabulous hotel experience and I am thrilled that you see us as the best choice for experiencing the city of Portland at it's finest. Your many reviews all note fine properties, thank you for including ours in your selection. We look forward to serving you in the future, when you are ready to play in Portland again.
Warmest Regards, Sandy Burkett, GM