Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland
US$211
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
1,385 results
All reviewswine hourpazzo restaurantgarden spawine tastingsoaking tubthe pearlmini barpioneer squarehappy hourfront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingstreet noisehotel is in a great locationfew blockspublic transportationupon check
Reviewed 30 December 2013

There are many downtown hotels to choose from. We chose the Vintage Plaza based upon past experience and price. A highlight of or stay was great service from valet to house keeping. Unfortunately, there were several shortcomings which would lead us to look elsewhere the next time we visit Portland.

Our room (709) had the smallest bathroom we have ever seen in a hotel. Little room for more then one person at a time. Small bathtub. Way too little shelf space to hold our items. There was no fan/exhaust. One of the three light bulbs above the sink was burnt out when we first entered and needed to be replaced. On a positive note water pressure was great. Towels were decent.

The room was a good size for two. It was clean and had the usual amenities. However, the bed mattress sloped downward from the foot to the head board, and actually sagged in the middle. It was the smallest king size bed we have ever slept in. Not very comfortable. When we made the on-line reservation we requested foam pillows (an option). They were not in the room and we had to call housekeeping to have them sent up.

Our room had connecting doors to the adjacent room, and we could hear every conversation they had. Ugh.

The flat screen TV was a decent size for the room, however, the signal was analog and picture quality was poor. If you put a flat screen TV in the room please supply a digital signal.

We did not eat at Pazzo and cannot comment on food.

Overall, the employees we interacted with were friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies and don't want to stay in a pet friendly room ask for the floor which is pet free.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear iokiko2u;
Thank you for being a return guest - we do not take that for granted. I appreciate your feedback and I was disappointed that you had an experience that was so very divergent from all of your prior stays. I do hope that you let our team know while you were here. We are here to ensure everyone that stays enjoys themselves - that we create guests for life! Thank you for your comments. Happy New Year. Warmest Regards, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Thanks, Hotel Vintage Plaza......we had a really nice stay. From the valet to the front desk to the staff we met along the way we were treated well. Our room was really nice, clean and comfortable. We were given a ten dollar certificate to spend in the bar/restaurant OR to use in our room's mini-bar.
The concierge service helped us for Saturday night dinner and we really appreciated that assistance and information.
I don't know that I have been to a boutique hotel that has had staff that has been so great to work with than Hotel Vintage Plaza.
Will go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Marymo362;
Your review made my morning! Thank you, I was thrilled to see that you were well cared for by everyone ... our valet, concierge, front desk and housekeeping! We look forward to your next trip to Portland we look forward to serving you again in the future and want to thank you so much for your 5 STAR Review! Happy New Year! Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Hotel Vintage Plaza.
Just few words about the hotel.
We were there 26-27 Dec 2013 (just after Christmas).
The room was ok. The location is perfect. Staff is friendly. So I can almost give five from five...
But when we arrived my small daughter came inside first (I was parking the car on the opposite from hotel parking lot, which twice cheaper -thanks to valet who advised) and took small puppy - soft toy. Then my older daughter found two pairs of beautiful socks and was happy. But all those things were not presents. Each of them had the label with price ($32 for dog and $15 for each pair of socks), so I was offered to buy them. I definitely disagree with buying anything I do not want, but if you are trying to take away something from kid's hands while Christmas you are a monster, aren't you? Finally I coped with it by purchasing another presents instead of hotel offer. But actually the situation when you (in my case kids) are offered something extra what you can think as a complimentary can not make me happy... It is really bad way to treat customers. It could spoil the impression of the nice place.
The hotel has the beautiful place named Pazzo restaurant in the hall (ground floor) with magic tasty breakfast. It was the best breakfast in all the Oregon state. It has nice vintage interior and friendly waiters. My respect to all the chiefs, waiters and managers. THANKS!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ivan D

Dear Ivan D -
I appreciate your review and that you loved our staff and the service and that we were 5 for 5 until the puppy got in the way. We certainly don't want you to appear to be a monster - we don't want to appear to be monsters either. Thank you for your review. We have the dogs on the beds- with the tags explaining their story, that we donate a portion of the profits from each sale to the Oregon Humane Society. I am truly sorry that you had that experience with your children. That was not our intent. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We can move them so that they reside with all of the honor bar items for sale and guest convenience. Especially over the holidays we want to add comfort and joy, not stress. Thank you for selecting our hotel. We hope that you allow us to serve you and your family again in the future. Happy New Year. Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed 26 December 2013

In early September I stayed at the Vintage Plaza in Portland, Oregon. I needed a place to stay because an unusually heavy thunderstorm had hit the area, and I couldn't drive to Bend. I am so glad I called the Vintage Plaza. They had a special rate that included parking. When I got there, the parking attendant was great. He literally helped me unload my full trunk, get the items I needed and he reloaded the trunk with the items I did not need. When I checked in Tamra was so kind and went above and beyond to make sure I got a very comfortable room. I was so grateful for her help in making my stay so comfortable and enjoyable. This is a great property, from location to comfort of the rooms and the great staff. I look forward to staying there again, for more than one night!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Timothy R - thank you for the 5 STAR review and the pleasure I had reading your review. We hope that you get to travel north from LA again soon and that we are able to serve you and your family! All the best, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Our family of four was more than comfortable in the King Suite. This luxurious room afforded comfort and privacy with a luxurious touch, and was by far the best hotel room our family has ever stayed in. The king-sized bed was on one end of the extra long room, with a full sized bathroom (including a deep and relaxing spa tub and a glass enclosed stand up shower), a lovely "living room" area on the other end (the couch was a pull out for the kids to sleep on), and in the middle was a lovely granite bar with a sink and mini-bar, a dining room sized table, and a desk. Free wi-fi was a plus, as was the free wine hour (they did have a local beer option, as well). The food and drinks at the restaurant/bar on the ground floor were excellent quality, as well. The hotel lobby is tastefully decorated in modern yet inviting decor. Although we saw plenty of dogs in the lobby (it is a pet friendly hotel), we never heard any through the night. While this hotel has been well designed and thought out, it is the staff that makes this a hotel absolutely choosing again without a second thought. Every member was friendly, helpful, informative, and willing to go above and beyond. Great location as well, plenty of shopping, restaurants, and bars within walking distance. There is no pool, however no hotels in the area have a pool, however your own personal spa tub in the King Suite makes up for it. This hotel is a great choice, and one we will make again.

Room Tip: The King Suite was spacious and larger than some apartments.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Rubi H.
I absolutely loved reading the detail of your experience while here at our hotel. I was thrilled to see that you and your family of four was well cared for, comfortable and treated consistently with excellence by our entire staff. Listing all of the benefits of our property and our Kimpton Standard benefits was above and beyond. It does hlep other travelers. Your comments about our team was what made my night! We truly look forward to having you back and serving you again in the future. I am blessed as our team is helpful, friendly, informative and goes above and beyond. Thank you so much for noticing and letting others know. Hurry back and Happy New Year! Sandy Burkett, GM