Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland
Travelocity
  • Room Service
US$169
1,380 results
All reviewswine hourpazzo restaurantgarden spawine tastingsoaking tubthe pearlmini barpioneer squarehappy hourfront desk staffheart of downtownvalet parkingstreet noisehotel is in a great locationfew blockspublic transportationupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Hotel Vintage lives up to the Kimpton brand. It's a stately heritage building very centrally located. Guest rooms are old but functional, spacious, and comfortable. They also have a variety of room sizes, shapes, views... so be sure to state your preference. Kimpton's seem to accommodate more than most places. The staff exceeded my expectation throughout. They provided genuinely helpful recommendations for restaurant, shopping, and parking options.

And then the real service test. I was checking in for my flight out of town and realized I had forgotten my passport and a credit card in the hotel safe. I made a 2 minute phone call to Vintage reception, and they offered to Fed Ex my documents immediately to my next destination. They paid the Fed Ex charge without even mentioning it. This turned a stressful event into a nonevent. I am very thankful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Scott P: It always makes my day to read reviews like yours where there was an opportunity for our team to shine, they certainly did everything right. I so appreciate your acknowledgement of the care and service that you received. We hope to see you back again. Thank you for your gracious and thorough review. All the best in the year ahead! Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We decided to hop into PDX at the last minute, and wanted a place near Powell's and the food carts that was dog friendly. Hotel Vintage Plaza fit perfectly. We had a complicated check-in situation (our fault) and the woman who helped us was great - "I will solve this, don't worry about it." Our dog was quite surprised by the elevator - a first for her - and she loved sniffing thru the room. We hit Powell's (well, I did, spouse walked the dog) and then enjoyed the wine hour in the lobby. The room was fine - clean, nice towels and sheets, nice amenities. The location rocked - tons of restaurants, etc. We got food to go because of the dog (i love the food carts). It seemed a little expensive ($300), but our parking was free and the hotel was great.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear NROA;
I loved reading your review! I was thrilled to see our team knew exactly how to put you at ease and that you thoroughly enjoyed your time in Portland and at the Vintage Plaza. Will be reading your review at line up today and wanted to thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Hurry back and thanks for telling all your friends via this site! Happy New Year! Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I have stayed at the Vintage while on business and with my family. The property and rooms are always well maintained and the staff was courteous and helpful. The free wine tasting at happy hour is a bonus. True to form, when we checked in recently and our rooms were not ready on time, the manager provided a generous complimentary credit and a thoughtful hand-writen note with apologies. The location is centrally located with easy walking access to shopping, dining and night entertainment. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Steve A -
Thank you for the acknowledgement that sometimes things happen, Brian our Front Office Manager has great ownership of each guest experience. We are earning guests for life! I appreciate your comments and look forward to serving you on a timely basis in the future.
All the best in 2014! Sandy Burkett,GM

Reviewed 30 December 2013

There are many downtown hotels to choose from. We chose the Vintage Plaza based upon past experience and price. A highlight of or stay was great service from valet to house keeping. Unfortunately, there were several shortcomings which would lead us to look elsewhere the next time we visit Portland.

Our room (709) had the smallest bathroom we have ever seen in a hotel. Little room for more then one person at a time. Small bathtub. Way too little shelf space to hold our items. There was no fan/exhaust. One of the three light bulbs above the sink was burnt out when we first entered and needed to be replaced. On a positive note water pressure was great. Towels were decent.

The room was a good size for two. It was clean and had the usual amenities. However, the bed mattress sloped downward from the foot to the head board, and actually sagged in the middle. It was the smallest king size bed we have ever slept in. Not very comfortable. When we made the on-line reservation we requested foam pillows (an option). They were not in the room and we had to call housekeeping to have them sent up.

Our room had connecting doors to the adjacent room, and we could hear every conversation they had. Ugh.

The flat screen TV was a decent size for the room, however, the signal was analog and picture quality was poor. If you put a flat screen TV in the room please supply a digital signal.

We did not eat at Pazzo and cannot comment on food.

Overall, the employees we interacted with were friendly and courteous.

Room Tip: If you have pet allergies and don't want to stay in a pet friendly room ask for the floor which is pet free.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear iokiko2u;
Thank you for being a return guest - we do not take that for granted. I appreciate your feedback and I was disappointed that you had an experience that was so very divergent from all of your prior stays. I do hope that you let our team know while you were here. We are here to ensure everyone that stays enjoys themselves - that we create guests for life! Thank you for your comments. Happy New Year. Warmest Regards, Sandy Burkett, GM

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Thanks, Hotel Vintage Plaza......we had a really nice stay. From the valet to the front desk to the staff we met along the way we were treated well. Our room was really nice, clean and comfortable. We were given a ten dollar certificate to spend in the bar/restaurant OR to use in our room's mini-bar.
The concierge service helped us for Saturday night dinner and we really appreciated that assistance and information.
I don't know that I have been to a boutique hotel that has had staff that has been so great to work with than Hotel Vintage Plaza.
Will go back again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
VintageGM, General Manager at Kimpton Hotel Vintage Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Marymo362;
Your review made my morning! Thank you, I was thrilled to see that you were well cared for by everyone ... our valet, concierge, front desk and housekeeping! We look forward to your next trip to Portland we look forward to serving you again in the future and want to thank you so much for your 5 STAR Review! Happy New Year! Sandy Burkett, GM