“Great boutique hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Vancouver
“Great boutique hotel!”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

This hotel is in a lovely heritage building in a quieter part of town in the Pearl District. It's still close to all the action, but quiet for a good night's sleep. The staff is exceptional. They had good recommendations for restaurants and things to do. The rooms are small but well laid out - cozy pillowtop beds, flat screen tv, docking station on radio for Ipod, etc. The decor is old Hollywood and beautiful in the public rooms.

We would gladly recommend this hotel and stay there again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms and higher floors offer great light.
1 Thank svermett

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Great hotel! Service, staff, rooms, food, and overall feel of the hotel were fantastic. You can't get a better value for your money!

Orinda
Reviewed 21 April 2011

We've stayed in a number of hotels over the years in downtown Portland, but none better than the Hotel deLuxe. Cannot recommend it too highly!

Room Tip: Don't forget they give the 3rd night free!
Ferndale, Washington
Reviewed 21 April 2011

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Deluxe at for a total of seven nights in April and they put the WOW factor in every part of their service. The hotel itself is comfortable and tastefully appointed but the service and friendliness of all the people I came in contact with were a 10. I will make it my home away from home whenever I go to Portland for business or pleasure!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Folsom, California
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We spent 3 lovely, restful nights at this comfy, classy hotel. Found a good package deal on line and decided to splurge on their 'corner king' - great choice! The room was very large, had good natural light and the bed was just dreamy!

The service at this landmark hotel was excellent all around, fun to view all the movie art displayed throughout. Food was quite tasty at Gracie's. We'll be back! Ina and Ned

Room Tip: book one of their corner king rooms
Bend, OR
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We had a bridal shower for my oldest daughter in one of the rooms - just three of us. The staff was fabulous - they have the ability to provide outstanding service without being stuffy. The room was delightful - just what we needed! We spent hours just sprawled on the beds watching tacking TV. A true girls' weekend. The food at Gracies was a delight as well. All in all - a wonderful experience. So glad we chose the Deluxe for our stay!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Washington
Reviewed 10 April 2011

At first I thought we had entered into the walk-in closet. Nope. It was the quaint little-room. I guess that in some instances, size really does matter!

If we only had to deal with the cozy comforts, we would have been fine. Unfortunately, the teeny room was probably the highlight of our stay. The bed - queen size and not king - was too soft; the bedding too rough; the sheets had an "interesting" smell. Since I travel a lot, I thought I would fall back on my stand-by routine and sleep on a towel.

The towel was well-worn and, well, scratched. Badly.

After a short walk to Whole Foods to grab some nighttime Tylenol (I still wanted to sleep) I was ready for bed. That's when the night-tremors (I don't know how else to describe them) started in. Every few minutes the interior pipes shuddered from either someone flushing the toilet or ... what? I don't know. But it continued throughout the night and was still taking place in the morning.

For some reason this dump has been given a 4 Star Rating, which makes me think the entire rating system is a fraud.

The highlight of our stay?

In a word: LEAVING!

3 Thank PQBrown
KlaudioPortland, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I am disappointed to see that your stay was not as enjoyable as we were hoping for. Your comments are uncharacteristic for our property and I would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your feedback about your recent stay. Our property features some of the highest quality product and I am curious about what lead to such a negative experience during your visit. Rest assured we will do whatever it takes to address your concerns and make sure your return visit is nothing short of amazing. Please contact me at your convenience and we can talk about some options for your next visit.

Klaudio Simic