“the perfect place in Portland”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

If you are looking for a hotel within walking distance from downtown with excellent service and a very comfortable bed, this is the perfect place to stay in Portland. The old movie theme throughout the hotel is fun and classy. All staff are friendly and extremely helpful. TripAdvisor offered a 15% discount and made it an incredible value. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank TravelGodess72
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Thank you for the high praise. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and we will definitely welcome you back the next time you decide to stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Hotel deLuxe

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Love the rooms in this hotel. Every detail is carefully thought of from the music that plays when you enter the room to the delightful room colors, the tiny tiled bathrooms and the old movie era hotel keycards. Its a boutique hotel that is near to the city, walking distance for most - a little uphill on the way back. I will admit the rooms are a little small but they are oh so cosy.
Try it, I would recommend it to couples!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kheng

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. It sounds as though you truly enjoyed your room and I am so pleased to hear that. Recommendations are the highest of compliments and I really do appreciate that. I hope to have the chance to see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Portland.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Just returned home from 3 night stay at Hotel deLuxe and all I can say is WOW! Perfect location (not in the heart of downtown, but nice walk or cheap cab ride) and even better price. Staff bent over backwards for us and seemed happy to do so. Very quite rooms and well appointed. Found this hotel on Priceline and got a deal too good to pass up. Though you spend a little extra for valet service, it's well worth it. And the "Make It So" button on the phone is exactly that. We will be back! We stayed in the King Premiere Suite and had more than enough room, including 2 walk in closets. Our next visit can't be soon enough!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Abbie A
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback about your visit. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your trip and consider us the perfect place to stay. It's great to know you will be back and we do look forward to it.

Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

I have only written one other review on tripadvisor, but this hotel definitely deserves praise. All of the staff are welcoming, helpful and knowledgable. You can order a free I pod for your stay with some great music options. The rooms, though slightly small, are clean, modern and well-appointed. When I arrived for my second visit to this hotel, I was chosen for a free upgrade to a queen suite with chocolates and a personalized card awaiting me. The location is within walking distance to many great restaurants including the in-house Gracie's. Whenever I'm in Portland, this is the only hotel for me!

• Stayed: January 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. Your praise regarding the staff and property is very kind and will be passed along to everyone involved. I am very pleased to hear we have become your go to hotel in town and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We stayed here one night during a quick weekend getaway. The staff were all incredibly friendly and gracious. We stayed in a "queen deluxe" room which was a small, thought not too cramped, room, facing the building next door. It was relatively quiet considering that the Max runs on both sides of this hotel and could be a disturbance. The bed was comfortable with soft yet fluffy (not foam/firm) pillows, with a nice comforter. The bathroom was clean and elegant, and also quite small, perhaps 6x6 ft or so. The hotel is only a few blocks walk away from most of the shops we wanted to visit, ie Powells and the Saturday market. My only complaint was the price of parking ($25 for a night) which isn't horrible in the whole scheme of things.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding you recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you had a lovely time and enjoyed the hotel. We do hope to see you again if you are ever back in Portland.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

One of the best experiences we have had in a long time. The staff were ALL friendly, from the front counter to the cleaning staff. The hotel suite itself was very clean and tidy, no problems whatsoever. The location was close enough to get everywhere by walking, yet slightly off the centre to enjoy a good nights sleep and this is a big bonus! We will recommend the Hotel DeLuxe to all our friends and family, and if we go back to Portland, we will for sure go there again! Thanks Hotel DeLuxe staff, you guys rock!!! :)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I appreciate the kind words regarding your recent stay. It is so nice to hear you had a great experience and would recommend us to your friends, that is truly the highest compliment. I do look forward to welcoming you back next time you visit.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here on a recent business trip down to Portland. The check in was very simple and the room was really nice. The bed was incredibly comfortable as well. It is definitely a good choice if you're ever in town.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank liquidmj
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and providing some feedback regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear you found the room to be nice and had an easy check in experience. If you decide to visit Portland again, I do hope you will choose to stay with us.