“Great boutique hotel in Portland”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #3 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Seattle
“Great boutique hotel in Portland”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I just got back from Portland and loved the Hotel deluxe. Love the character and old school feel. As other reviewers mentioned, the rooms are small and I was traveling with a friend and only ended up only getting a room with a queen bed which wasn't expected. Otherwise though, the rooms are cute and the bed was very comfortable. Gracie's for brunch was excellent with a great atmosphere and their bar is also very unique with great service.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what type of room you will get in advance.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SeaTraveler77

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
portland
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Friends from out of town were staying nearby and we booked a room at the Deluxe. It was beautiful and the bed was very comfy, but the walls must be paper thin! We had a noise complaint called on us and we were simply sitting and chatting. Then security was called and came to our room citing yet another noise complaint. We often stay in hotels of this type and have never ever had this issue.

Only stay here if you plan to immediately go to sleep.

Make a reservation if you want breakfast, the wait was over 40 minutes for 2!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PDXbree
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I spent a very comfortable three days at the Hotel deLuxe in March, 2014. I chose this hotel based on its Trip Advisor ratings, and I was not disappointed. The staff -- from front desk and waiters to housekeeping and doormen -- was friendly and professional -- always a smile and a kind word. My room was a king room on a corner -- large, comfortable, and probably the cleanest hotel room I have ever slept in -- I really did think that I could have eaten off the bathroom floor. I was on the third floor and could hear some traffic noise (including the train), but nothing that kept me up at night. The food (I ate both breakfast and lunch there) was delicious and reasonably priced. I appreciated the free in-room wireless internet and the business desk in my room, as I was in Portland for a conference. Finally, the hotel was a three-minute walk to the red line of the train, so the location was convenient to everywhere I needed to be (it was about a 20 minute ride to the convention center). If I ever return to Portland, I will definitely stay at the Hotel deLuxe again. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: An upper floor would probably be quieter.
1 Thank twaldspurger
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is very nice and comfortable rooms, even though they are small. It has a great location and the personnel is very polite and helpful. It is only two blocks away from the Light Rail Train. It also has a great restaurant called "Gracies"; the food is exquisite and the prices are reasonable.

There is no spa or swimming pool but there is a small GYM and a business center.

1 Thank Naomi2525
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I had a funeral in Portland and while this was definitely not a vacation the hotel was most comfortable. We enjoyed the art deco style The service was first rate. The valet service was excellent and the front desk personnel was helpful, efficient and friendly. We did enjoy the location. Room was a bit on the small side but certainly adequate. Our only complaint was the lack of counter space in the bathroom. We ate breakfast at Gracie's and found it a bit pricey but it was convenient. We did try for dinner one evening but this is a "happening place" on the weekends and could only get a 9:30pm reservation. Overall we would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joy I
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My wife and I decided to go to Portland for the first time this past weekend. We stayed at Hotel deLuxe based on the reviews and location. It was a fantastic experience. The hotel is really well decorated, the staff were plentiful & very helpful, and it is just a short walk to the Pearl District. We didn't eat at the hotel, but we did have some great drinks and snacks in the bar. As some of the other reviewers have commented, the rooms are a bit small, but very comfortable and given the location, you want to spend more time outside anyways. Water pressure in the bathroom was a little weak and the hot water could have been hotter. When we go back, and we will, we will absolutely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Marty A
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Enjoyed my recent stay at Hotel deLuxe! Great service all the way around...valets, front desk, housekeeping and restaurant...all DELUXE service!! My room was really small but still managed to be convenient and very comfortable. Great bed!! The hotel has been nicely remodeled since a stayed there (different name and owners, I'm sure) several years ago. The art deco style is beautiful. Location was very convenient for me. Sometimes, valet parking isn't really a plus because you have to wait for your car. Not here. The valet service was amazingly prompt! The front desk staff were some of the most welcoming I've experienced in a long time which means something considering how much I travel! They've definitely cemented the Hotel deLuxe as my favorite Portland hotel.

2 Thank RetaginTN