“Classy all the way.”

Ranked #4 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Reno, NV
“Classy all the way.”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

The location is nearly ideal to be away from the city noise yet within a 10 minute walk from the Pearl and most of downtown Portland. The staff was friendly and courteous, the parking easy nearby, if you plan a little to feed the meters (free after 7pm) and the lobby was ubercool. The lounge is one of the top-rated in the city for it's fabulous happy hour with inventive drink specials (I stole a drink menu for ideas) and excellent deals on small plates from the main restaurant. They are open early and late night too before and after the shows next door at the playhouse. Stayed 4 days and enjoyed 3 meals in either the lounge or restaurant. Would give 4 of 5 stars for food quality, atmosphere and service. Remodeling has held up well. They host movie screenings on some sundays (book in advance) and have an Oscar Party every year which sounds like a blast. Small bathrooms but that's the only criticism of the whole place. Very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet. Minimal street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wiimaster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Our flight was delayed and we didn't get to the hotel until close to 2 am. Neither my daughter or I were in terribly great moods, but the desk clerk was so friendly and accommodating, that it instantly changed our moods. He upgraded us to a larger room which was very nice. The appointments to the room were all very true to the period and the photographs in the hallways were great black and whites. The bed was very comfortable and I only wish we could have stayed longer. There was some noise from the street, but we had to wake up early so were not bothered by it. The staff in the morning were also very pleasant. Would definitely seek this hotel out again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mlrmanski
Seattle
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I just got back from Portland and loved the Hotel deluxe. Love the character and old school feel. As other reviewers mentioned, the rooms are small and I was traveling with a friend and only ended up only getting a room with a queen bed which wasn't expected. Otherwise though, the rooms are cute and the bed was very comfortable. Gracie's for brunch was excellent with a great atmosphere and their bar is also very unique with great service.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what type of room you will get in advance.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SeaTraveler77
portland
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Friends from out of town were staying nearby and we booked a room at the Deluxe. It was beautiful and the bed was very comfy, but the walls must be paper thin! We had a noise complaint called on us and we were simply sitting and chatting. Then security was called and came to our room citing yet another noise complaint. We often stay in hotels of this type and have never ever had this issue.

Only stay here if you plan to immediately go to sleep.

Make a reservation if you want breakfast, the wait was over 40 minutes for 2!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PDXbree
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I spent a very comfortable three days at the Hotel deLuxe in March, 2014. I chose this hotel based on its Trip Advisor ratings, and I was not disappointed. The staff -- from front desk and waiters to housekeeping and doormen -- was friendly and professional -- always a smile and a kind word. My room was a king room on a corner -- large, comfortable, and probably the cleanest hotel room I have ever slept in -- I really did think that I could have eaten off the bathroom floor. I was on the third floor and could hear some traffic noise (including the train), but nothing that kept me up at night. The food (I ate both breakfast and lunch there) was delicious and reasonably priced. I appreciated the free in-room wireless internet and the business desk in my room, as I was in Portland for a conference. Finally, the hotel was a three-minute walk to the red line of the train, so the location was convenient to everywhere I needed to be (it was about a 20 minute ride to the convention center). If I ever return to Portland, I will definitely stay at the Hotel deLuxe again. Thank you for making my stay so enjoyable!

Room Tip: An upper floor would probably be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank twaldspurger
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 2 April 2014

This hotel is very nice and comfortable rooms, even though they are small. It has a great location and the personnel is very polite and helpful. It is only two blocks away from the Light Rail Train. It also has a great restaurant called "Gracies"; the food is exquisite and the prices are reasonable.

There is no spa or swimming pool but there is a small GYM and a business center.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Naomi2525
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I had a funeral in Portland and while this was definitely not a vacation the hotel was most comfortable. We enjoyed the art deco style The service was first rate. The valet service was excellent and the front desk personnel was helpful, efficient and friendly. We did enjoy the location. Room was a bit on the small side but certainly adequate. Our only complaint was the lack of counter space in the bathroom. We ate breakfast at Gracie's and found it a bit pricey but it was convenient. We did try for dinner one evening but this is a "happening place" on the weekends and could only get a 9:30pm reservation. Overall we would most certainly stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family