“Wonderful service, Great location, Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #5 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Riverside, California
“Wonderful service, Great location, Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We just got back from a two night stay at the Hotel deLuxe and were so impressed. The location was great... went to a Blazer and Timbers game, and the service was amazing. They found out it was my son's birthday and bought him a Blazer t-shirt for the game. Gracie's was also a treat for my mother's day breakfast. They made room for us at the last minute, but didn't make us feel rushed at all. The rooms are also beautiful, with room for the additional single bed for my daughter.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Michelle P
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
We are always so pleased to know when we have helped make a stay a little extra special, and it is certainly our belief that any vacation, no matter how last minute, should never feel rushed. Thank you so much for celebrating with us here at Hotel deLuxe; I hope it becomes a yearly tradition!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lethbridge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for two night on a recent visit. When we arrived, check-in was quick and friendly and the lobby and hallways were gorgeous. Upon entering our room, we were a bit disappointed that it was fairly small, especially since we received an upgrade. Still, in older hotels, small rooms are not out of the ordinary. The bathroom was spacious, but someone forgot to provide any towels or shampoo. We told the front desk and they promptly brought up everything we needed, so again, not a problem. The mini-bar is not as expensive as other places and has some typically 'Portland' items in it (e.g., organic this and that, a 'love kit', etc.). The location of the hotel is really handy as it was not far to any number of restaurants for dinner and the hotel staff are very friendly and helpful in assisting with any questions you might have about the area. Apart from the size of the rooms, we did find the walls a bit thin. A couple came back to their room late one night and we were not only woken up by them, but stayed awake. We could hear everything. And by everything, I mean everything. Despite that nocturnal disturbance, the bed was extremely comfortable. I would recommend staying here, but be aware that other people can hear everything you are saying and doing in your room and that the rooms might be a bit smaller than what you expect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time out to let us know about your stay! I do apologize that the regular bathroom amenities were not supplied to you upon check in, but I'm glad the problem was quickly remedied. It's fantastic that you were able to take advantage of our nationally recognized Honor Bar which is stocked chock full of locally sourced olive oil (in airplane-friendly sizes!) honey from bees that reside on top of our roof, and even travel-sized tins of much sought after Jacobsen salt. I'm thrilled that our staff was able to help you figure out how to best explore the area, and I'm sure that when you return we will be able to find a spacious and quiet room that suits all of your needs.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

We spent 3 nights in a suite. The overall experience was positive. The staff was exceptionally helpful and polite. However, there price point is not justified by the rooms which were very dated. I would stay again if I got some form of discount off the rate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Len B
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
I'm so glad our fantastic staff was able to help you enjoy your trip! The historic Mallory Hotel was renovated in 2007 and re-opened as Hotel deLuxe, and we take great pride in ensuring our accomodations and amenities help our guests feel pampered and luxurious. Our website is always teeming with fantastic packages and deals, so I hope we can welcome you back the next time you find yourself in Portland!
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

I'm not usually a fan of hotels, especially chains. The Hotel deLuxe exceeds expectations in every way. The staff is just over the top lovely. The rooms are too. This is a great place to stay when you're in town on business or just a romantic getaway. Away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but within walking distance of everything. Don't hesitate if you have a choice

Room Tip: The corner rooms are luxorious
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Felicia M M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed at Hotel Deluxe in early April for 5 nights & I was expecting it to be the highlight of our hotel stays. Unfortunately it was not. In saying that, it was not awful, but it was definitely more average than anticipated. The staff were courteous enough, but not overly friendly. Some were quite helpful, but they were overall not particularly warm. An exception to this were the restaurant and cocktail staff, who were all incredibly attentive, helpful, friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Upon arrival we were also unpleasantly surprised that the parking available was an additional cost per day of around $30. While this in and of itself is not that much of an issue, it is not made clear anywhere on the website that I could see, so that was quite an irritating introduction to the hotel. The room itself was surprisingly small, though prettily decorated, and the bed quite comfortable. The bathroom was also quite small but recently and tastefully updated. It was very clean, and the products (shampoo, shower gel etc) supplied by the hotel were really lovely. I read other reviews prior to our visit which mentioned very thin walls - we also observed this unfortunate factor however as we were in a deluxe room we didnt have neighbours so it was not so much of an issue. One other negative we experienced was room service - it may simply have been what we ordered, but it was not good - burgers with salad was my request, and the burger was dry, and the 'salad' consisted of a cup of rocket leaves: no dressing or any other accompaniment. I would probably investigate other accomodation options if visiting Portland on holiday again.

Room Tip: Thin walls so a room with no neighbours if you dont want to hear them, i.e. a King deluxe or better.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phibbsey
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week during a conference.

Originally I chose the hotel based on recommendations from others and the convenient location in downtown.

The hotel has a very distinctive, "glamorous" atmosphere that is apparent immediately upon entering. The front desk was exceptionally welcoming and professional. With some similarly classed venues, I frequently come across slightly curt desk agents. The staff at the hotel De Luxe was exceptionally welcoming and useful. An associate of mine had vaguely described a recommended pasta restaurant in town, but I had forgotten the name; I asked one of the agents at the desk, who I believe was the desk manager, if she knew what my companion was talking about - she was able to immediately reconcile my description with a location and description of the restaurant, as well as directions. I asked for other recommendations while I was in town, and the desk was very well versed and informative.

Although I was seldom in my room due to my schedule, the rooms were well kept, styled, comfortable and quiet.

The hotel also had an excellent restaurant and bar within, which I did not expect.

Overall, great experience, plan to stay here again on future visits.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lewis R
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I loved the old Hollywood theme. It is consistent throughout the hotel, but not gaudy or over the top, just classy. This old hotel is very beautiful and clean. All of the fixtures and furniture are new but vintage looking! The Room Service prices are very good. Staff was great, also! It is located to many restaurants and shopping downtown. Kudos to the night agent who got us coffee when we had to leave at 4:30 in the morning!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple