Hotel deLuxe
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$219
Hotels.com
US$280
US$255
2,903 results
All reviewsdriftwood roomdriftwood barhollywood themegracie's restaurantde luxepillow menuthe pearlrooms are smallbeautiful hotelhappy hourhotel barcorner roomroom serviceold schoolfront desk staffvalet parkingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel deLuxe not only has a breathtakingly beautiful atmosphere but their customer service in all aspects were top notch. I rented a room to use for a photo shoot I had with a local band. Everyone was so helpful, from the front desk employees who took time out of their day to show us five different rooms so that we could pick the best backdrop for our photo shoot to the bellhops who helped me lug all of my camera equipment to and from the room.

After our shoot, we stopped into the bar for some wonderfully crafted cocktails and delicious snacks. If I ever need a hotel to recommend to someone staying in town or for another photo shoot, Hotel deLuxe is at the top of my list!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Tim B, Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

It’s exciting to know that our property has a part in promoting the local music scene that helps make Portland one of the best towns in the Pacific Northwest. Our staff prides itself on ensuring that every guest, no matter the reason they are staying, receives the finest service and has all of their needs met. I’m glad that the Driftwood Room was able to provide you with celebratory libations, and I hope that when the band finds itself playing a sold out show at the Crystal Ballroom just down the road, all of you will be able to experience the Hotel deLuxe for an overnight stay.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Enjoyed our stay immensely, great location to access Pearl district. Front desk staff exceptional. The highlight for us was the hotel bar, The Driftwood Room. Mike and his team made each evening special ... great cocktails and happy hour 9:30 until close .. excellent ambience for couples for a late night cocktail ... loved it .... will be back ...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel deLuxe! The Pearl District is a fantastic neighborhood and we’re glad to be within walking distance so that our guests can experience all the great food and shopping Portland has to offer. However, sometimes you don’t need to go far to have a great drink, and I’m delighted to know that Mike and his team at the Driftwood Room didn’t disappoint. I hope you can join us for another happy hour—we have two every single day—and try one of our new, locally-sourced Spring-time cocktails.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It was our first time using last minute bidding thru Hotwire. I was realistic enough to not expect anything awesome, but where we stayed was just not so nice at all. I wasn't expecting a view, but what was outside of the window was a dirty corner with some machines/AC fans(?). It was loud with some high and low frequency noise throughout the whole night. It was dark and very small. This experience made me wonder if independent higher end hotels keep some outdated rooms for travellers to bid since we only know the rating of the hotels we bid, but not the hotel names. This is a good lesson for us, but I still do not think with a 4 star hotel, this is not the kind of the stay I would expect. Side note: staff was very nice, has free WIFI, bed was too soft.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. Our goal is 100% satisfaction, regardless of how the reservation is made. Please accept my sincere apology for you having received a room you were not happy with. Being a historic hotel, we have many different types of rooms and are always happy to select a different room for a guest if they are not satisfied. I am glad to know that you found the staff to be very nice. Our staff take customer satisfaction very seriously and will do whatever it takes to ensure each and every guest is happy.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Hotel deLuxe is elegant and nice-looking. Photos of old Hollywood movies line the corridors, it creates a nice atmosphere. But last time i stayed, the room i was given was small, and the bathroom very small, even difficult to move in. Not in a noisy part of town, but the noise comes from within the hotel, rooms are not very well insulated.
The staff is polite and friendly, but quickly at a loss if you ask something out of the ordinary (i.e. a brush for my clothes ...).
Breakfast is nice but all a la carte, no buffet. Fitness center is very small.
Overall a nice experience, but nothing great, given the price paid. It lacks the little extra that would make it special.

Room Tip: Ask for a decent size bathroom.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We value our guests and hope to make every one of them feel well taken care of. I apologize that your room was less luxurious than you expected; as a boutique property in an historic building, some of our rooms are configured a little differently. Our staff is always happy to choose another option should a guest find themselves less than satisfied. I hope that you will consider staying at the Hotel deLuxe again and we will be happy to select a room that meets all of your needs (including any extra amenities you might request.)

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a really well run hotel in not quite down Portland . While the city center is definitely walkable, it is nicely off the well trodden path. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. Breakfast was very we'll done and the lobby bar is really neat

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your kind words! It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has enjoyed themselves. I’m so glad you were able to join us for breakfast in Gracie’s and for cocktails in the Driftwood Room, and I hope when you return to Portland you will call upon us again for a little shot of glamour in the middle of business.