Hotel deLuxe
Sentinel(Portland)
  • Breakfast included
Dossier(Portland)
2,901 results
All reviewsdriftwood roomdriftwood barhollywood themegracie's restaurantde luxepillow menuthe pearlrooms are smallbeautiful hotelhappy hourhotel barcorner roomroom serviceold schoolfront desk staffvalet parkingfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

After staying in a few different hotels in Portland, I can say with confidence that this is the worst hotel I have ever even heard of, much less stayed in. The room was over $200, even with a huge corporate discount. For that, we got approximately 120 sq ft, 130 if you include the bathroom. The walls are really thin, I can actually hear someone peeing above me as I type this, and the side of the toilet bowl is actually touching the wall in the bathroom. When I got into the bed, I tried to lay on my back, but was literally forced onto my side by the downward slope towards the edges. The bathroom was so small that the door rubbed on the trim piece opposite it, every time it was closed. To call the furnishings in the bathroom "contractor grade" would be an insult to contractors. Not only will I not stay here ever again, I will ensure that everyone I come into contact with for the rest of my life knows the truth about this dump.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike R
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Mike R.,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, your perspective and comments are very much valued. Please accept my sincere apologies for having received a room you were not happy with. Being a historic hotel and working with the original architecture can be challenging, but I am please to say that we have many different types of rooms and are always happy to select a different room for a guest if they are not satisfied. Our goal is 100% satisfaction and we will do whatever it takes to address your concerns in all areas.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Three women friends and I spent last Saturday night at the DELUXE. From the cozy robes to the yummy salt and caramel ice cream delivered to the room to the fun before dinner drinks in the bar downstairs....it was a delightfully "truly Portland" experience. This is a redo of what was originally the Mallory Hotel, a real Portland legacy. It has been beautifully remodeled...the staff were super helpful and the room was super clean.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Ladies' Night at the Hotel deLuxe? What a wonderful treat! I'm so glad the four of you were able to enjoy drinks in the Driftwood and then take the elevator home for a cozy night in your room. Salt and Straw truly is a neighborhood treasure, but I know not everyone wants to wait in those long lines so I'm glad you got to enjoy their signature flavor from the comfort of your suite! I hope we can welcome all of you back again.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I travel a lot for business so when my errands with my hubby turned into food and drink and friends, I was a little reluctant to find a hotel rather than drive back home to Eugene. We chose the hotel mainly because there were rooms available at the last minute AND the cost wasn't prohibitive! I'm used to the cheap motels I find on the road, so it was such a treat to stay at the deLuxe. The bed was comfortable, the room was spotless, the staff was just wonderful, and I loved the location. I'm so glad we decided to prolong our adventure and experience this lovely jewel of a hotel! The bar was fun too, and full of fun folks!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Tim B, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

An unanticipated vacation is that much sweeter when it ends up less expensive AND over expectations! I'm glad we could provide a shot of luxury into your midweek getaway and I hope we can see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I can not say enough great things about this hotel and it's staff. I recently had eye surgery in Portland and had to stay for more than a week of recovery. As part of that process, I needed a number of special accommodations most of which were definitely not typical. Every member of the staff was truly exceptional. They surpassed all of my needs and handled my requests not only with such professionalism but also with a great sense of care. The restaurant and room service were spectacular and the Driftwood Lounge for a drink or an appetizer is a must! It's impossible to find a home-away-from-home; Hotel DeLuxe was that for me. I will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Wow, all the way to Portland for eye surgery! It must have been a real challenge to dedicate so much time and effort to a trip that probably didn't hold a lot of potential for fun. I'm so glad that our staff turned what could have been a stressful experience of recuperating away from home into one of comfort and relaxation. I know we will all look forward to welcoming you back again for another week; this time with both eyes wide open!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Very simply this hotel delivered what you would expect at this level. There were no omg positives or negatives. As is often the case 'boutique' is a synonym for small and our room was definitely that. The décor was bright and it may be the cleanest room we've ever stayed in. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Location meant access to downtown and Pearl District was easy. Only knock was the shower pressure was low. This won't likely be your greatest hotel experience but you will be satisfied and yes we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: We got the dreaded Priceline booking with the room right across from the elevator but the hotel was so quiet this was not an issue.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for visiting us at Hotel deLuxe. and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'm glad that our décor made an impression on you; while the historic significance of our building come sometimes present challenges are far as size goes, we certainly tried to keep the importance of light on our minds when developing our signature style in order to make every room feel bright and comfortable.
Thanks for sharing your room tip; I know noise can always be an issue when travelers stay in hotels, so I'm glad that your room was nice and quiet. Please be assured however that we never determine room location based upon mode of booking. We do our best to accommodate all requests and preferences, no matter how they come to us!