2,958 results
All reviewsdriftwood roomdriftwood barhollywood themegracie's restaurantde luxepillow menuthe pearlrooms are smallbeautiful hotelcorner roomhappy hourroom servicehotel barold schoolfront desk staffvalet parkingfew blocks
Reviewed 30 November 2008

We stayed at Hotel deLuxe at becuase of the location (downtown portland) and chic style. Our room was quite small, but comfortable and well furnished. Most of the downtown Portland attractions were just a few blocks away from the hotel and the staff were helpful with directions, parking, and suggestions for meals - especially breakfast. The room was quiet, even though the hotel is near the highway.

We did have a bit of a problem with the bathtub drain while we stayed. This was taken care of while we were out for the day. I also recieved a note from the manager thanking us for our stay and the feedback we provided.

Overall - its a stylish hotel and the value is pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I had stayed at the Hotel Deluxe a few years ago (2004) when it was under different ownership (named The Mallory). I enjoyed it then, but enjoyed it more this time! I am a HUGE fan of the movies from the 40s and 50s, so the "old Hollywood" decor of the hotel fit me to a tee!!

And guess what? They have valet parking now! Yippee! I was travelling by myself on this particular trip - arrived in the dark and the rain - how nice to have a friendly young man help me with my bags and park my car.

I found the staff to be friendly in a relaxed "what can we do to help you" kind of way. I was attending a birthday party at a restaurant across town. The staff printed out directions for me there and back. I have travelled extensively through the years and am burned out with the cookie cutter hotels with staff that you know wish they were working some other type of job. Not so at the Hotel Deluxe. This will be my hotel of choice when I come to town and my sister's house is full! Oh - and they're pet friendly. Didn't bring my "baby" (toy rat terrier) with me this time, but how nice to know that I can!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2008

My husband and I had a weekend getaway to Portland and stayed at the Hotel deLuxe. I was pleased that seeing the hotel in person was just as nice as seeing photos of it on their website. We were greeted by very nice and accommodating staff members who cared about the comforts of their guests and were always willing to help. The Queen Deluxe room had the basic outfits of a bed, closet, armoire, flat panel TV, and writing desk. The bathroom had plenty of towels, Aveda brand toiletries, and a good sized shower over tub. The room wasn't huge but it was a good 200sqft that had the essentials. Don't plan on purchasing from their snack/sundries bin since I had forgotten my toothpaste and they were selling their toothbrush and toothpaste kit for $15!

The hotel has a romantic-looking restaurant called Gracie's and an intimate bar/lounge called the Driftwood Room. We didn't get to eat at Gracie's but the Driftwood would be a perfect place to bring a date for cocktails because of the cozy atmosphere.

Although the location is on the outskirts of the main downtown area, we enjoyed the convenience of the MAX lightrail stop nearby which brought us to the Saturday Market, the Oregon Zoo, and the Pioneer Place shopping area is only a brisk 15-min walk from the hotel. So if you're looking for a pleasant and casual stay, I would highly recommend this hotel for its unique decor, reasonable value, and charming staff. If I make another visit to Portland, I would probably book at their sister hotel, Lucia, based on its more central downtown location alone.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2008

Stayed one night to celebrate a birthday. Property is beautiful, very elegant, understated, and welcoming. Staff was consistently professional and helpful, from front desk to valet. I've stayed numerous times at Lucia, Paramount, and others in PDX and Hotel Deluxe was as nice as any of them. Location can seem a bit quiet but you can walk anywhere in minutes and it also is extremely quiet at night, something not always as likely at Lucia or Paramount.

Hotel Bar is ideal - dark, cozy, funky, and a great place for a drink before or after dinner. Did not try the restaurant. A five dollar cab ride to almost anything in NW PDX/Pearl district, so you have your pick of eats.

Room (King Deluxe) is small, consistent with the period of the building, but the attention to detail and restoration was impeccable. Great LG LCD TV, one of the best beds I've ever slept in, total darkness shades, iPod clock radio, dimmable bedside lamps, etc.Property management clearly took time to approach things from a guests perspective.

Only criticism (small) - I tend to not like a lot of chitchat at check-in and there seemed to be a focus on inquiring about the nature of guests visit. Since I imagine quite a few of their guests are couples seeking a night away from things for something more intimate than a game of Scrabble it seems like an unneeded intrusion.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 11 November 2008

Hotel Deluxe, just out of the hart of downtown Portland is a great hotel with a good atmsphere. The details in the lobby are nice and the staff is (relaxed) friendly.

We stayed in a cormer room and thought it was a bit to small. Besides of the bed there was not much extra space to open 2 suitcases. The other point aof attention was the shower. The water pressure was low so showering was not as what you can expect from a hotel in this category.

The room itself is beautiful with a 42 inch TV. Also the Ipod docking station and the possibility of using a hotel's ipod is a good gesture.

Alltoghether a possitive stay, just the size of the corner room and the water pressure in the shower need some attention.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple