“Delivering Glamour at the Hotel Deluxe!”
Review of Hotel deLuxe

Hotel deLuxe
Ranked #3 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 9 February 2009

We were married at the Hotel Deluxe and stayed in the Marlena Dietrich suite that night. The property is beautiful, full of vintage detailing and gorgeous decor that make it unlike any other hotel in town! The restaurant (Gracie's) and the bar (Driftwood Room) are both phenomenal, with amazing food and awesome service. Every single staff member we encountered made us feel like we were celebrities! The hotel is right on the MAX (light rail) line so travel to and from the airport and deeper downtown is super easy! I would recommend staying here anytime you're in Portland!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
There are newer reviews for Hotel deLuxe

Reviewed 3 February 2009

we were planning a week in oregon, dividing our time among the north coast, willamette valley and portland. we wanted a nice, convenient place to stay in portland and selected the deluxe hotel in part because it was the #1 rated property on trip advisor. we reserved a queen deluxe room with a winter special rate. our experience compared favorably with everyone else's reviews, except no one mentioned how small the rooms are. not much people space. also, our desire to have breakfast at 7AM on saturday morning was frustrated by the restaurant which did not open until 8AM.

1  Thank tbplaw
KlaudioPortland, General Manager at Hotel deLuxe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2009

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent stay at the Hotel deLuxe. I am sorry that the room you stayed in did not meet your expectations. I would like to invite you back and give you the opportunity to stay in one of our premium rooms or suites. We have a large selection of guest rooms with different layouts and sizes and I am confident we can find one that will meet your needs. As for the restaurant opening times, we will review some options with our culinary staff and find the way to serve food prior to the opening time. Our main focus is servicing of our guests and we are determined to find the ways to accommodate your requests. Please contact me directly at your convenience and I will personally make the arrangements for your return. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit.

Klaudio Simic
503-219-8623

Reviewed 31 January 2009

This is the third time I have stayed at this property. Many years ago it was the Mallory and now the Hotel Deluxe.It is not too big not too small but just the right size! It is elegant and very appealing to the eye as well as comfy. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We had a late dinner at Gracies's .The food and wine were exceptional as was our server.The restaurant is beautiful and has great lighting it was the highlight of our stay at the Hotel Deluxe.it is a great hotel and i would stay there again and again!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 27 January 2009

My wife and I have stayed in Portland a number of times, but this was our first time at the Hotel Deluxe, as I was able to get a wonderful deal on their site (included free parking). While the hotel is a little bit outside the core downtown area, it's a short walk downtown or to the Pearl District.
The hotel is beautifully decorated, mixing the cinematic theme with an art-deco style. Each floor was dedicated to cinematic legends and featured b/w stills of their work. While our room may have been a little on the small side compared to other hotels, it was very reminscent of a European hotel room, and was wonderfully appointed.
While we didn't have a need to use it, the "Make it So" button in the room was a creative offering.
We had a couple of drinks in the Driftwood Room and they were very good.
I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed 27 January 2009

My recent stay at this charming vintage (and very modern) hotel was outstanding. The staff at the front desk treated us like friends, the dining room staff made sure EVERYTHING was just right and listened when we ask for something (tea properly made) and did not forget the three mornings we were there. Our dinners were certainly top notch.
The room was squeaky clean, extremly comfortable beds and a choice of pillows to suit everyone! The young gentlemen at the door made sure our car was there as needed and were very attentive. And lots of fun.
Even though their prices are a tad high for I will certainly stay here again. The mangement contacted me after I came home to be sure we enjoyed our stay. Who else does that?

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed 21 January 2009

I fly to Portland monthly for business, and discovered the Deluxe about a year ago.

This is a great hotel. The "theme" isn't overdone, and being a vintage movie buff, it is a bit like being a kid in a candy shop with all the photos, references to the golden age of cinema, etc.

The front desk staff (inclulding the valet staff) are "there"....they get that this is about the customer's experience....and they make it a good one.

The rooms are clean, well appointed, and have that vintage feel of a botique. Nice.

The Driftwood bar is cozy, and the bar menu (especially at the early and late happy hours) is very reasonable. The burger at the bar is over the top good. Stacy, the bar-tender some nights, is also engaged and makes the visit to the bar enjoyable.

The restaurant, Gracie's, is opulent....looks like a set from one of those "all signing - all dancing" musicals. I fully expected Gene Krupa to pop up on a bandstand in the corner. Oh well. Interesting selection of traditional, seasonal, and non-traditional dishes...all very well prepared and presented. Oh, and good eats too.

Stay there. It's a bit off the beaten track, but only a 5 minute walk from the "night life" of downtown proper.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank robpete
Reviewed 17 January 2009

I booked my reservations at the Hotel deLuxe website and got a great deal. Due to the flooding from all the snow, the route from Seattle to Portland was closed. Hotel personnel were great at moving my reservations!
From the moment you arrive at the hotel till when you depart, the personnel treats you very well. It is THE distinguishing feature from all other hotels!
The guest rooms are plush and cozy. The unique choice of pillows and reading material is interesting.
I received recommendations from the hotel for restaurants which also treated you well recognizing were guests from the Hotel deLuxe.
It was a fabulous stay; relaxing, warm, friendly, and inviting.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family