“Great Stay”

Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Bellingham
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 7 March 2010

We stayed at the Hotel deLuxe for one night. Booked through Priceline at the last minute and got a great rate. Greeted by very friendly staff but when we got to our room we found that it was either still occupied or hadn't been cleaned yet. We we notified the front desk who were very apologetic and upgraded us to a corner suite. The room was wonderful and the bed was extremely comfortable. We loved the decor and the movie theme. It is about a six minute walk from downtown but that was not a problem for us and we location perfect. Will stay again if we get the chance.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tennisniese

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hoboken, NJ
Reviewed 22 February 2010

My boyfriend and I booked this hotel with a combination Hotel + Airfare travel through Yahoo travel...it was a great deal! Originally the hotel is just over $100/night, but by booking with the air, we got it for about $55/night (almost 1/2 off!)
Our queen size room was on the smaller size, but it was totally beautiful and very clean! The give out Aveda products which are high quality. The service staff was ultra friendly. No need to spend the money on overnight parking if you're willing to wake up at 8am for cheap metered parking on the street. For us, it was definitely the best way to do it since we were in the car moving it around all day.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Hayward, California
Reviewed 17 February 2010

My boyfriend and I drove from San Francisco to Portland all night, arriving at 10:30am . And check in (according the reservation wasn't until 4). We decided to give it a shot and show up early.
The valet was a little pricey, $25, but totally worth it. They kept your car in their parking lot, the valet would get whatever you wanted from your car, bring it around whenever you wanted it. The bellboys were super friendly.
Checking in, the ladies at the front desk were really sweet and friendly. We were able to get a room right away and they even went as far as to point out super cute/amazing places in Portland that were not on the map.
The room was very pretty, had a view of downtown and the bed was comfortable.
Hotel deLuxe is worth the price and worth your time.
We loved this hotel and the staff, it was an amazing stay.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Oregon
Reviewed 22 January 2010

I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel and their staff. From the moment you walk through the beautiful front glass doors, you are greeted by friendly staff that are immediately offering assistance and left with the feeling that they truly care about providing a quality and enjoyable stay.
This property combines classic Hollywood with modern amenities. I was pleasantly surprised to discover the pillow menu they advertised was actually a menu for pillows. Since most of the time the pillows that come on the bed (and don’t get me started on how comfortable this bed was) in most rooms are either too soft or too hard, so having this option available was wonderful. Just happened that the pillows pre-selected for the bed are perfect. You can also order up an iPod preloaded with music should you desire. Also, loved the Aveda bath products in the bathroom!
The Driftwood Room lounge has a great happy hour featuring champagne cocktails, which got quite crowded. But not to worry, they will serve you in the lobby, just pull up a comfortable couch and relax. I enjoyed an “Elizabeth Taylor”, champagne and crème de violet, which was quite different and very tasty. This was a perfect start to our “night on the town”.
We also enjoyed brunch the next morning in the hotel’s restaurant, Gracie’s. The home fries of russet, Yukon gold, sweet and purple potatoes were delish and perfectly cooked. I ordered a mimosa with breakfast, and when the waiter saw that I was “nursing” it, he made sure to tell me to drink up, they are bottomless! (Can you tell champagne is a theme here?)
While not in the heart of downtown, NW or the Pearl, it was a great location to explore the city from for our “staycation”. MAX is a few short blocks away, as well as the streetcar, and Henry’s and Powell’s are just a couple of blocks away. The best part about being a bit off the grid, how surprisingly quiet it was at night. Other than the occasional passing train, it was very peaceful.
If you are planning a trip to Portland, I could not recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 19 January 2010

My boyfriend and I went to stay the weekend in Portland, and had a lovely time staying at the Hotel deLuxe. The theme of "old hollywood" was really cool, and the ambience the hotel lobby and its rooms were lovely. The bed was super comfortable, the room service was great, the minibar had yummy items, and the restaurant and bar downstairs had great servers and good food. I want to go back!

Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 3 January 2010

My husband and I live locally in Portland and booked a room last minute for New Years Eve to avoid driving and wanted to enjoy a night in the city. The only bad thing I read about this hotel in all the reviews was how small the room was. This is actually the charm! Everything in the room was wonderful.....most importantly THE BED! Sooooo comfortable, Pillow top with amazingly high thread count sheets! The TV was a flat screen and good size for the room. The staff was EXTREMELY professional and hospitable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for local who want a night away and travelers who want a great location. It's walking distance to Powells Books and local transportation. The Driftwood Bar in the lobby makes one hell of a drink and the atmosphere is like the old Algiers in Las Vegas. I almost forgot the room service breakfast. At $15 for Eggs Benedict, I was thinking it was overpriced. I have to say it was one of the BEST Crab & Shrimp Eggs Benedict I have had in the city and would return to the restaurant alone just for breakfast even if I wasn't staying at the hotel! Thank you for a GREAT start to a New Year!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Denver
Reviewed 12 December 2009

Incredible staff, beautiful rooms, great location...it's my favorite hotel anywhere!

Stayed October 2009