We spent a few days at the Silver Cloud while visiting Portland earlier this month. The Inn is located right on the edge of Northwest 23rd & 21st, areas with lots of restaurants and some interesting stores. It's also just a five minute walk to the nearest streetcar stop, which will take you around Downtown Portland for just a dollar a ticket (or five bucks for a day pass).
Other pros: the parking is free, and in a lot on site. Breakfast is included, just a basic complimentary with the usual fare. Free wifi is available in the rooms. All this for under $200 a night, not bad. The room was not fancy, but comfortable. Quiet at night, though during the day/morning our room facing Vaughn got a little noisy on the weekdays with the window open.
All in all, a good base for exploring Portland that won't break the bank.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience a hotel with the convenience of Downtown Portland Oregon without the hassle and congestion. The Silver Cloud Inn Portland is located adjacent to the Nob Hill shopping district featuring a variety of Portland's finest boutiques, shops, nightlife and restaurants. Nearby Forest Park offers hiking and biking trails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Silver Cloud Inn NW Portland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silver Cloud Inn Nw Portland Hotel Portland
- Silver Cloud Hotel Portland Downtown