I bought this hotel on Hotwire and it was one of the best deals I've ever received.
I called and requested the airport shuttle and they told me 10 minutes. It was there in less than five. The driver was friendly. I asked him how to get from the hotel to the light rail, he said it was less than a mile and they'd gladly drive me there the next day. It's a blue collar neighborhood but NOT unsafe. If you think it's scary, you were lucky enough to grow up on the OTHER side of the Looking Glass. It had a pool area.
Check in was fast and friendly. Room was LITERALLY immaculate. I looked for anything to be dirty and couldn't find a thing. It had adequate toiletries, a tube TV that worked fine, microwave, coffee maker and a little fridge. AC/heat worked well though the unit seemed a little banged up (being nit-picky.) Wi-fi was a four on a 1-5 scale. Bed was comfortable. Room had a lot of literature about the area. I ate at a little pub about a block away that was kind of divey, but had decent bar food, reasonably priced, pool tables, video slots, etc. The hotel had an Indian restaurant but that's not my thing. There's a 7-11 next door.
The next morning I had their breakfast. It was MORE than adequate. Toaster waffles, muffins, bread, oranges, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, coffee, hot chocolate and juice. I went at 7:30. There was more than enough food at that time. Room was very clean.
A few things I noticed that others might have mentioned: the hallways had a strange, perfumy smell. It was not dirty, just a bit odd. My room had a faint smokey smell as if it used to be a smoking room. Again, it was faint. Finally, I had trouble with my door locking from the inside while I was out and it was a pain getting in a few times. Who cares. In summation, this hotel was perfectly fine and I recommend it to anyone on a budget or needing an easy place to stay near the airport.
Parking lot was dimly lit. Hallway to our room smelled horrible, like urine, smoke and air freshener. Room was no better. Fan was not working in the bathroom, dirty carpet and ants crawling on the floor. Not a pleasant stay. Kids were scared.