“Room for Improvement”

Ranked #53 of 142 Hotels in Portland
San Fransisco
“Room for Improvement”
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I came to Portland for work. My company made reservations for me at your hotel. I looked you up on your website and was very impressed with your amenities. I knew I wouldn't get a chance to use most of them, but the fact they were available was refreshing. As a business traveler I know you offer more than many hotels out there. I was greatly looking forward to my stay. I have to admit I am disappointed. My room was very outdated and mismatched. It didn't seem to be much like the pictures on your website. The phones were HORRIBLE. The double lines were confusing and one didn't work at all. I didn't have a remote control for the TV in the bedroom. Your staff, however, was impressive. Especially Sara who was both patient and friendly while helping me resolve the issues. (Even though it was the middle of the night) As well as Kara who runs the breakfast. She was so genuine and warm. Something I can assure you is rare in the hospitality industry. I will stay at Shilo Inns again with the hope that I will be able to see the improvement first hand.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
PDXShiloMgt, Operations Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 2 October 2009
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel and staff. Sarah, our Night Auditor has been with us for many years and is thrilled you took the time to acknowledge her job performance. Sarah and Karen are both great examples of Shilo Inns’ customer service. I also want to apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to make your future reservation and personally ensure you won’t be disappointed in your room again. I look forward to seeing you again in the future and know you will enjoy your stay in Portland at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
williams oregon
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Called about our dirty bedspread and blanket and was told by Flo that she would have it taken care of. We left and came back about 9 that evening and had never been fixed.
Talked to housekeeping again the next morning and complained and the problem was taken care of immediately. Thank you Ninah for helping a couple of seniors.
You made our stay turn into something good. We will be back thanks to you.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
PDXShiloMgt, Assistant General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2009
I am grateful that you were able to stay with us in August and share your comments with others. We shared your positive comments with Nina and thanked her for taking good care of our guests. We also let her know how much you appreciated her level of service; it really made her day. I apologize that your request for a new bedspread was not responded to in a timely manner. In the future, we will be sure to accommodate our guest requests more efficiently. As always, we strive to provide “Affordable Excellence” and we hope you’ll give us another chance in the near future.

Jennifer Hitzeman
Assistant General Manager
Idaho
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We arrived late and tired, and were so pleased with our room! A Jr. Suite gave us extra space, two sink areas, three flat screen tv's, and a kitchen area. All helped to make our stay so comfortable! Easy access to all we needed. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and plan to stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
PDXShiloMgt, Operations Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2009
Thank you for your business and sharing your review with other travelers, we appreciate your positive comments. Our suites are 500 square feet with 3 televisions and a sitting area; so it’s easy to relax and enjoy the free in room amenities. One of the highest complements we can receive is for a guest to recommend us to their friends and family members. The next time your travels bring you to Portland we look forward to welcoming you to the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport.

Ontario, CA
Reviewed 6 August 2009

Noisy, less than clean, dark, scratchy towels, old furniture and appliances - - and not cheap on top of it! Will not stay here again - - ever.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
PDXShiloMgt, Operations Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2009
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We recently remodeled our lobby and guest rooms with new furnishings and our linen products are consistently replaced with newer linen to ensure our guests always experience clean, comfortable bedding and plush towels. I hope that you will give Shilo another opportunity to treat you as our guest. I would be happy to work with you directly to make sure your next stay is positive, whether it is arranging a complimentary shuttle to the airport or a complimentary hot breakfast in the restaurant. We want your next visit to be a pleasant and memorable experience.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. We were with a Corvette group, including several rooms and a banquet at the hotel.

Check-in went very smoothly -- about the best experience I've had recently. There were multiple courteous/efficient desk personnel so there was no wait and we were off to our room in maybe 5 minutes. Tops!

Our room was clean, in good condition, and large! There was a separated livingroom area with a couch, table/4 chairs, and a counter/sink with microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Plenty of storage everywhere. Had 2 separate sinks with storage drawers and cabinets -- one in bath & one by the makeup table (bench & lighted makeup mirror included). There was a "computer" table with wireless hookup. 3 TVs -- 1 in living area, 1 in bedroom area, and 1 in bathroom.

We didn't hear any noise from adjoining rooms or hallway.

The banquet room was large, set up very nicely with a buffet line just outside. Went smoothly and food was good for buffets.

All-in-all a good experience. We certainly will stay there again if we're in the area!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful time at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel – Portland Airport with the corvette group. Your group is always a pleasure to have in our hotel. When I relayed your experience at check-in to the front desk agents, they were all smiles. I appreciate the glowing review of our spacious suites with free high speed internet and pleased that you were able to enjoy the convenience of “Affordable Excellence”.

Thank you for choosing to come and stay with us and we are looking forward to your return in December.

Portland
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I travel a lot for business and stay in a lot of hotels. Because I am gone so much, I wanted to take my family on a vacation. My kids were excited to start their vacation so I checked into this hotel the night before we left and had a great time. The kids went swimming as soon as we checked in (and slept very well) and then we ordered room service. The food was very good and my wife absolutely raved about her seafood dinner.

The next morning, we caught their shuttle to the airport and left our car at the hotel for free. It was more affordable then parking for 7 days in the economy lot! I'll definately stay again before I leave on a trip. Thanks to the staff for making my kids laugh.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank macfam2
PDXShiloMgt, Operations Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 29 July 2009
Thank you so much for choosing to stay at Shilo Inns with your family. Being a seasoned traveler, it means a great deal that you choose to stay and relax with us. We have many travelers that come to our property on business; it was great to hear that you and your family started your vacation at our property.

Thank you for keeping us in mind for your upcoming trips, we hope to see you again.

Shilo Inns, Portland Airport
Washington
Reviewed 15 May 2009

I was in town overnight for a business conference. I was extremely impressed with my room, the service both checking in & out and the restaurant on site. The room was very large, well-equipped with everything you could need, the free internet in each room was completely seamless in connecting to, and the bed was plush, comfortable with oversized pillows, and honestly I didn't want to get up in the morning. Last fall I stayed at the WAC in downtown Seattle for 3 days and overall they couldn't compete with this Shilo Inn and the rates are 1/2 the price.

I had the opportunity to have dinner and then lunch the following day in the restaurant on site. The food was AMAZING and priced well. Lunch special was a Prime Rib French Dip for under $10.

I would recommend this location to family, friends and co-workers. If I were to say anything bad would be that the service on Wednesday evening in the restaurant was slow, otherwise top notch all the way!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business