“Big Rooms, Unexpected Value for The Price, Clean & Cozy”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport
Ranked #52 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Tampa
“Big Rooms, Unexpected Value for The Price, Clean & Cozy”
Reviewed 3 February 2010

I stayed at the Shilo for 2 days.
It's very close to the airport, and they have a free shuttle van
than runs every 30 minutes.

The room's are much larger than expected.
Very clean, room services called to double check I didn't need
service/supplies one day.
I had 3 sinks, a small kitchenette area w/ table, microwave, freezer/fridge,
coffee/tea making stuff, FREE FAST WI FI, and very cozy bed.
I asked if they had a smoking room & they said no, but the
front desk kindly put me in a room right next to a door so I could
go outside to indulge.
I saw but didn't use...Laundry area, fitness center, and hot tub.

Free continental breakfast w/ nice variety, and the connected restaurant
is used often for business meetings w/ decent food.

I had some long time Portlandite guests & they were very impressed with the place
too & said they'd stay here in the future.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank CEBallas
PDXShiloMgt, Assistan General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Shilo Inn Suites Portland Airport. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide Affordable Excellence to each and every guest and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Idaho
Reviewed 9 December 2009

We have stayed at many PDX hotels and were pleasantly surprised by this one. It's not your typical airport hotel. The decor is Portland retro - what was in style is again - but the place is so clean and well run. The room was comfortable and quiet, the dinner better than you would expect as was the breakfast. Give the Shiloh a try next time.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank re_teachIdaho
PDXShiloMgt, Operations Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2009
Thank you for staying with Shilo on your last trip to Portland. I am glad that you enjoyed your Junior Suite when you stayed with us. I am also pleased that you were able to try our full service Shilo restaurant. With our complimentary hot breakfast available in the restaurant, our guests have even more options in the morning, whether it is the Barista in our hospitality area, or breakfast in the restaurant. I look forward to having you stay with us again at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport.

Ashland Oregon
Reviewed 1 November 2009

Airport shuttle was on time with courteous driver, hotel staff efficient and extremely helpful, room was quiet and almost too large, restaurant was excellent both in service and food. We have already made arrangements to stay there again before and afer our next flights.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank puli38
PDXShiloMgt, Assistant General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 17 November 2009
It was so nice to read your compliment of the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, thank you for sharing your positive review. I was happy to see that you have already made future reservations for your next trip. Hopefully you’ll be able to once again enjoy our restaurant and complimentary barista breakfast or complimentary hot breakfast provided by the restaurant. As always we do our absolute best to provide everyone with Affordable Excellence. We look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in Portland.

Fresno, CA
Reviewed 22 October 2009

This hotel was great. We flew in late on Thursday night and left by 11 the next morning. Shuttle service was excellent and timely. The continental breakfast was a nice thing to have in the morning. Coffee, juice, cereal, muffins, etc. Staff was very friendly. Our only hiccup was the fact the tv in the room didnt work. They sent someone down to take a look, and he couldnt fix it. He offered to move us into another room, but it wasnt that big of a problem. There were 2 other tvs in the room if we wanted to watch it. Rooms are very big, tv in the bathroom :), pool open 24hrs. Definitely a great deal for what you pay. I overheard one woman telling a staff member how wonderful their hotel was.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank CaFamilyNOly
PDXShiloMgt, Assistant General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 11 November 2009
I am so glad hear that you had such an enjoyable experience here at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport. We rarely have technical issues with the televisions, however, when they do occur we do make every effort take care of them in timely manner. From our spacious rooms to our 24 hour shuttle service, we try to provide everyone with a unique experience. Thank you for choosing Shilo Inn, we look forward to your future reservations.

San Fransisco
Reviewed 18 September 2009

I came to Portland for work. My company made reservations for me at your hotel. I looked you up on your website and was very impressed with your amenities. I knew I wouldn't get a chance to use most of them, but the fact they were available was refreshing. As a business traveler I know you offer more than many hotels out there. I was greatly looking forward to my stay. I have to admit I am disappointed. My room was very outdated and mismatched. It didn't seem to be much like the pictures on your website. The phones were HORRIBLE. The double lines were confusing and one didn't work at all. I didn't have a remote control for the TV in the bedroom. Your staff, however, was impressive. Especially Sara who was both patient and friendly while helping me resolve the issues. (Even though it was the middle of the night) As well as Kara who runs the breakfast. She was so genuine and warm. Something I can assure you is rare in the hospitality industry. I will stay at Shilo Inns again with the hope that I will be able to see the improvement first hand.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
PDXShiloMgt, Operations Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 2 October 2009
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel and staff. Sarah, our Night Auditor has been with us for many years and is thrilled you took the time to acknowledge her job performance. Sarah and Karen are both great examples of Shilo Inns’ customer service. I also want to apologize that your room did not meet your expectations. I would be happy to make your future reservation and personally ensure you won’t be disappointed in your room again. I look forward to seeing you again in the future and know you will enjoy your stay in Portland at the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport.

williams oregon
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Called about our dirty bedspread and blanket and was told by Flo that she would have it taken care of. We left and came back about 9 that evening and had never been fixed.
Talked to housekeeping again the next morning and complained and the problem was taken care of immediately. Thank you Ninah for helping a couple of seniors.
You made our stay turn into something good. We will be back thanks to you.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
PDXShiloMgt, Assistant General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 1 October 2009
I am grateful that you were able to stay with us in August and share your comments with others. We shared your positive comments with Nina and thanked her for taking good care of our guests. We also let her know how much you appreciated her level of service; it really made her day. I apologize that your request for a new bedspread was not responded to in a timely manner. In the future, we will be sure to accommodate our guest requests more efficiently. As always, we strive to provide “Affordable Excellence” and we hope you’ll give us another chance in the near future.

Assistant General Manager
Idaho
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We arrived late and tired, and were so pleased with our room! A Jr. Suite gave us extra space, two sink areas, three flat screen tv's, and a kitchen area. All helped to make our stay so comfortable! Easy access to all we needed. We would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and plan to stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
PDXShiloMgt, Operations Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 28 August 2009
Thank you for your business and sharing your review with other travelers, we appreciate your positive comments. Our suites are 500 square feet with 3 televisions and a sitting area; so it’s easy to relax and enjoy the free in room amenities. One of the highest complements we can receive is for a guest to recommend us to their friends and family members. The next time your travels bring you to Portland we look forward to welcoming you to the Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport.