“close to airport...helpful staff”

Clarion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #45 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This hotel was close to the airport (five to ten minutes, depending on traffic) with quick pick up from the shuttle. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. The free breakfast buffet was good, with lots of choices. Even though the buffet didn't start until 7 on the weekend, when I checked out for my early flight, there was coffee, juice and pastries...bread, rolls and muffins available at 3:45 AM!! The room was large with not only the required bed, but a couch, computer desk, "kitchen" area with micro, refrigerator, coffee makes and small sink.... and the internet was free. Very clean. No restaurant on site, but a diner across the street and more options just a slightly farther walk.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

flyawayAZ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Clarion with everyone. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit!

There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Portland Airport

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I spent 2 nights at the Clarion Hotel Portland Airport. I chose the hotel because I had to take an early flight to Chicago. I can fully recommend the hotel. There wasn't a spot I could point my finger at. My room was large and from the window I could overlook a nice pond. Clearly the hotel put a lot of effort into making the pond nice and it was beautiful to look at. The hotel is located near the airport, but you aren't able to hear the noise from the airport - mainly because the rooms all facing away from the planes' airway to the airport. The room is large and there is a small cozy living room and a small kitchen with microwave. It's almost like a small apartment. The bed is absolutely fantastic, and to tell the truth almost impossible to leave. It's the best beds I've slept in until now. The hotel staff at the front desk is friendly and efficient. The breakfast is good and varied.
Pros: Good rooms, beds and views. Quiet hotel. Good value for money. Near the airport. Free parking facilities.
Cons: Far away from Portland city.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ToCall

ToCall,

Thank you for the glowing review! Everyone here at the hotel appreciates hearing your kind words.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

I chose this hotel, because all the city hotels were very expensive at this time. I had a large room with a kingsize bed, flat sceen TV, refrigerator, coffee maker etc. Room was very clean, staff pleasant. Breakfast acceptable, although Manager promise to do something about the powdered eggs! The airport shuttle was a bonus, and the Cascade Shopping Center is almost opposite.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

itchyfeetGoldCoast,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Clarion. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are always looking at way to improve our services and breakfast options.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My husband and I were so impressed with the level of customer service I was compelled to write my first review! Most hotels drop the travel crib at the door, here they set it up complete with extra blankets! We called down as a courtesy to see if anyone was in the room below us as we have a busy 2 year old boy. The front desk assured us they would wait to rent the room below until last requested. We asked for a late checkout and they offered to let us stay until 2! We didn't but still.....how nice! We forgot to pack our iPhone charger and the woman working at night lent us her own personal charger for the night. I am saddened at how much customer service is lacking these days but The staff at the Clarion has renewed my faith. There is a lovely small lake view from some of the rooms as well. We will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Shaleetwo,

I will be honest, these are the reviews I love to read. Thank you. I will surely pass this along to the staff and Sarah who lent you the charger. Hopefully we will see you again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

The Clarion Hotel Portland Airport is super close to the airport and a decent value. Generously-sized room. Average breakfast but the evening soiree (with singer, no less) was a waste of time. Accessible PC's in the lobby.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

suburban-countess,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience here at the Clarion. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the evening reception with John English "The Voice" of Frank Sinatra. Please join us again on your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

Stayed here one night to make getting to an early morning flight easier. Reserved a handicapped room on the first floor as my Mom was with me. Super convenient handicapped parking just steps from this room (from an exterior door by the elevators). Close to breakfast & the front desk too. Room was big & convenient. The TV wouldn't turn on & there was no luggage stand; mattress harder than I'm used to. Jet noise in the room was audible but not a problem. This hotel is a quick, straight shot to the airport terminal (a mile or so). Staff friendly & helpful. Has the usual hot Choice Hotels breakfast. Also used the pool & hot tub, they were clean & pleasant. Would definitely stay here again for an airport run.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

FruitFan,

I am pleased to hear that your stay with us was convenient, clean, and pleasant. I am sorry that you had issues with your television. As for a luggage stand, ours are located in the closet and are fixed in place. We look forward to your next stay here with us.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

This is a nice, newer looking hotel. NO parking fee. The staff were very helpful and nice. Our room had a very large desk that pulled out from the dresser and served as a table also. There was 1 desk type chair - very comfy, but only 1 could sit to eat. Shilo restaurant next door is very good & does carryout - another hotel guest told us about it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

cmchristensen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Clarion. We truly appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Portland.