“Very Very Nice!!!”

Ranked #39 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Nampa, Idaho
“Very Very Nice!!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here with members of my family. Loved our stay, hotel was extremely modern and clean. I have to rave of the beds, so extremely comfortable. The whole family thought so and tried to figure out what type of mattress they were? Memory Foam Mattress maybe? Whatever it was, it was a very comfortable and relaxing sleep. Airplanes can be a little loud, but heard once or twice was so comfortable didn't even bother me. Breakfast was very good and had a great selection. Only complaint was that the fitness equipment could use an update.l am a runner, and picked this hotel due to having a good fitness center from the pictures. I got up early to run to find the very old treadmill was broken. :( Kind of a bummer! Unfortunately, the hotel was so awesome, not a very big deal :) Thanks Clarion Inn, we will return if in the area :) My 2 year old loved looking out at the water which is a great view:) We loved the view :)

Room Tip: Liked being up on the 4th floor, you have a good view of the river behind :)
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
cmb0607
Thank you for that lovely review. The mattress is a Tempur-Pedic Pressure Relieving Swedish Mattress. I apolgize about the treadmill. Someone walked off with the safety switch for it. We look forward to your return.

Don Gibson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Washington, DC
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This was a free stay using Choice Privileges points, so I won't complain, but I will make some observations on my one night stay. First, Jeff at the front desk is one of the best I've seen in terms of keeping things running smoothly, singlehandedly. After he checked me in, a tour bus full pulled up and within 30 minutes the lobby was clear of people and luggage-and he was working the desk by himself! Other than that, I don't have any other pleasantries to offer.

The carpets are badly stained, the sink in the bathroom is entirely too small and the furnishings look cheap and probably are. I will say, however, that the bed was very comfy and the Internet was fast and free. Unfortunately, I had an early flight, so didn't stay for breakfast, but I hear its decent. However, due to the plethora of hotels in the vicinity, I'd probably choose the Courtyard or Staybridge Suites if I were returning to the area and wanted to be near the airport.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank romadaro
romadaro

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your interaction with Jeff and our bed. Jeff is an asset here at the Clarion. I am sorry that you won't be staying with us on your next trip to the area.

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We came down to Portland for the day and decided to stay close to the airport as it was most convienent for us. Staff was helpful and pleasant. Our room was very large and beds were comforable and we did get a good night sleep. We did have a view of the pond behind the hotel, but it really needs some work around it to be a great view. We did our laundry while there and that was convienent, but $2 for a dry was too much. They tack on a few minor fees for "media acess assessment" ($1.50) and tourism levy ($2.25). The only issue I saw was that they hallway capets were a stained and needed to be cleaned or replaced. Breakfast was very good and a nice way to fill up for our exploring around Portand. I think this was a good choice for the money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Werbrichfamily

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. The media access assessment was recently added to lessen the cost of watching individual movies. Guests now have access to dozens of movies for a minimal charge. The tourism levy is a fairly new tax imposed by the city of Portland. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My stay at the Clarion in Portland, Oregon provided for a good night's rest prior to my air travel to Phoenix. The room was clean and well apportioned and the bed was very comfortable. The staff of the hotel was friendly, courteous and did their best to be accommodating. The shuttle to the airport was comfortable and prompt. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Bruce M

Thank you for your review. We do our best to take care of our guests, and look forward to your next visit here to the Clarion.

Don GIbson
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We always stay here before we fly out of Portland and often the first night when we get in Portland. My husband had project he was working near the airport and always stayed here. The staff is always friendly and the room is always very clean. This time they had home made brownies in the lobby. I was impressed that there real dishes for breakfast and several hot items. The only thing we don't like is the small sink area. There is no place to put anything.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte T

I think our park and fly package is an excellent deal. There are a number of guests that stay here when going out of town. We look forward to having you back again.

Plano, Texas
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed here while touring Portland and didn't go through the airport. The hotel and rooms were clean and the staff checking us in and out were very friendly and knew their jobs well. I didn't realize breakfast was included in the deal so that was a nice surprise. It's the usual complimentary breakfast and the staff had the food continuously stocked. Recommend it, especially if you get a good deal through one of the third-party sites.

Room Tip: Hotel advertises view of the river, but you will want to stay high up to take advantage of the view...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
The_Simple_Guy,

We thank you for taking the time to share your expreience with us, and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds and pillows, great variety for breakfast, nice pool and workout room. Safe area for running and good selection of restaurants close by. Friendly people and fun managers reception Tuesday night. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
skinzer1
Glad to hear that you made it out on a Tuesday night. John English puts on a good show. We hope to see you again for your next visit.