“A really good business hotel”

Clarion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #41 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Dallas, Tx
“A really good business hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I travel 160 nights a year. So I know what I need in a hotel. The Clarion was really good. A larger than average room, with a larger than average desk. Faster than average wifi. A refrigerator, microwave, and a kitchenette sink (most do not have a kitchenette sink). A large breakfast area, with fresh eggs, waffles, two meats. And real ceramic cups and plates, and steel flatware (most have Styrofoam and plastic). Decent indoor pool and spa, and a decent workout room. Plus it's next to a pond, not a view of a parking lot. And the window opens wide and has a screen. All for a decent price. I'm hard to impress, but I liked this hotel a lot.

Room Tip: Pick the west side facing the pond.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
ClarionPDXManagement, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you so much for the great review! I am glad we were able to impress you and hope to see you again in the future!

Heather C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Room clean and spacious. Corridor decor a little worn but nothing to moan about.
Bed very comfy, good quality bedding. Had a tempupedic matrice which was great (on top floor only I think).
Shower worked well, lots of good towels.
Rooms quiet, no noticeable airport noise
Staff helpful when accessing Wi-Fi. Guest computers available to print boarding passes.
Good breakfast, good range of hot items and usual cold options.
Believe they offer airport transport and long term parking deals which might be useful.
Enjoyed our stay, would stay again and recommend to others.

Dinner across the road ay Shari's for a good burger. Quick and easy after a long days traveling.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ClarionPDXManagement, Front Office Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Thank you so much for all of your positive feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Heather Crandall
New Jersey
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Booked this hotel solely for convenience to airport given our 6 am flight. Arrived 9:30 pm after time in Portland. Shocked to get last 2 spots on a 4:30 am shuttle, with 4 am shuttle already filled. If we had been told shuttle might be an issue, we would have either not returned rental car that night , would have somehow ensured our spots were reserved, or would have stayed elsewhere. Very basic hotel (but reasonably priced) with surprisingly comfortable beds. TV signal went in and out on most channels.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
I am glad the beds were comfortable for you! With the shuttle sign up we do have limited availability on each trip, but we always try to accommodate for all of our guests, even if we have to figure out an alternative method of transportation to the airport for them. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Kalispell, Montana
Reviewed 16 April 2014

The first thing that hit us when we opened the door was the smell of the room, some kind of fruity - sweat locker combo. We left fan on both in bathroom and in main room with Jacuzzi and went to a movie, but the smell was there the whole stay. It wasn't bad enough to complain but very distasteful. The older room was clean, but jacuzzi not run and rinsed, the dirt, hair and sand in the water was gross, we had to drain & refill before use. The bed very comfortable. Breastfast was nice. Stay was quiet. A word for Toni at front desk, when someone walks up & you are busy, you say I'll be right with you, not ignore them until the phone rings and then take the call before acknowledging their presence. I might stay here again, based soley on location to airport.

Room Tip: Ground floor had nice view of grass and bushes.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing information about your stay. I will share your input with my staff and make sure the necessary changes are addressed! I am glad that the stay was pleasant and look forward to showing you how we have improved in the future!

Heather Crandall
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We dragged in very late after flying into PDX. Was SO happy to find such a comfy bed at the other end of our journey!! The staff was very friendly & quite helpful. Lots of choices for breakfast the next (actually later that) morning. When we were returning back home, my mother was on a different flight the following day from my husband & I. So we set her up back at the Clarion. The staff was very helpful in getting her on the shuttle to the airport and had food available before regular hours so she had a bite to eat. I certainly recommend this Clarion!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Lmd405

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the positive feedback, and look forward to your next visit.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I have stayed here before and had an excellent experience, but this time was not up to snuff, especially for a gold and former platinum award winning location.

First off we had a deluxe king room, which had a very nice temurpedic brand bed, nice touch.
In former stays have had a jacuzzi room, which also has very comfy pillowtop beds. Being this property was formerly a Silver Cloud, it still has many of the former ammenties.

Breakfast was hectic and not well stocked. It was stocked back up by the time I was finished with what I did have. They do have 3-4 hot items in addition to 2 waffle makers, a fair selection of cereal and pastries and yogurt (no light versions available).

At check in, the front desk clerk was not as welcoming as staff usually is. They did not recognize my Elite Gold Status with Choice Privalges, usually when they do, at least in the past, they also give a coupon for free item or items from their mini-store. I had to ask about getting parking pass, which they typically will give without question. I'm glad I asked, otherwise my car may have been towed overnight.

Not a bad night overall, but this place did not give me the WOW factor it was before. I will consider staying again, but Customer Service is key. and this time they dropped the ball, seriously.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi rooms are nice, so are the Deluxe Kings rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KJ9000
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
KJ9000
I am sorry to hear about your disappointing stay here at the Clarion during your last visit. I would like to further discuss the events of your stay. I do apologize for any service short-comings that you experienced during your stay.

Parkland, Florida
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We have been at Clarion for a night only in Mid March (our flight landed in the late afternoon and we didn't want to reach the road in the night). Reception was a breeze, very gently and informative providing us with useful information for diner and quick downtown visit. Easy Parking. Room was "business as usual", clean and spacious. Good beds and a standard breakfast (like any Hampton-inn type meal). If you need just a cheap single-night place near by the airport, this should definitely be in your shortlist

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank northgang
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Northgang

Thank you for your kind words. I like to think consider us a moderately priced option. We look forward to your next visit.