“Comfortable and Convenient”

Clarion Hotel Portland Airport
Ranked #44 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Steve was a great concierge. He was helpful. It is so convenient to climb to shuttle to get to the airport or to the light rail station. There are several eateries in walking distance. There is a scenic pond in the distance and the weather was quite pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Cyclings
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Cyclings
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for mentioning Steve, we appreciate his hard work. Hopefully we will see you again on your next visit to Portland.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had a reservation, and the clerk greeted me by name. Everything was nice and I had no problems. It is just that I stay in hundreds of motels a year and prefer comfort inn and suites. No reason just always know what to expect. I had it in my head that clarions were going to be ultra fabulous. The hall carpets were kinda dingy, and there was some work going on. By the pool hallway. It was ended for the day and everything was just left in the hall surrounded by yellow tape. Again nothing bad just had a higher expectation for a clarion.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank olskoolgman
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Olskoolgman,
Sorry to hear that you were left with a less than ideal impression of our Clarion. We are in the process of renovating the restrooms near the pool. The carpets in the hall way are next on our list of improvements. Holefully you will have a better experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was perfect! The bed was very comfortable! Great location. The shuttle can drop you off at the airport so you can ride the train into downtown. Very easy! My only complaint is the lady at the front desk Toni, is very belittling. She is disconnected and acts like you are a bother.
The Shuttle driver, Jay was very helpful!!
The Wifi was very slow.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank b2bcome
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

b2bcome,

I am glad that the room was to your liking and that you found our beds comfortable! Our location near the airport does make getting to the public transportation very easy which is a great perk indeed! We are working to resolve the issues with wifi, as it has recently become apparent to us that it is lacking. I will be discussing with Toni about her demeanor at work to make sure this does not become a problem with other guests as well. Thank you for bringing it to my attention! We hope that you will stay with us again in the future!!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Carpet very dirty, room smells like stale smoke, construction in hallway with caution tape is hazard. Wi Fi does not work in room. Clerks and manager at front desk acknowledged inadequate wi fi coverage as a known issue, but claimed the only way to reboot the router is from inside the 'attic'! Adamant that there was nothing to be done and my only choice would be to sit in the lobby area to access their wi-fi! Advertising Complimentary W-Fi high speed internet is FALSE, so if you get a room on the end of a hallway you better not need access, even though the cost of the room included this feature. Could not recommend the hotel. Very disappointing attitude and service effort based on my experience.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank mably
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

mably,

Sorry to hear that you had trouble with your Wi-Fi connection. We will look into the routers and see if we are experiencing any issues.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Attempted to check in on July 11 on a park/fly reservation as we have done quite a number of times on the past. Upon check- in the desk clerk said my credit card was not valid, which I thought not possible since it is a new card and I had used it twice that day. So, I gave her another card and got the same response. A third card also did not work. Since there was no manager on duty, at 5 PM, and she said one would not be there until the next day! She called whoever was driving their shuttle van and he told her not to check anyone in without a valid credit card. I asked her if he was the best choice of whom to call and she told me she called him because he knows more than she does.
I called a neighboring property to confirm if they had rooms available which they did. I cancelled my existing reservation with the Clarion and as she was writing the cancellation number on my copy she advised I might be charged for canceling a reservation after 4 PM. And this was because their system either wasn't working or she was not executing it properly.
I the checked into another hotel and my card mysteriously worked fine. We then had dinner and another card that was rejected at the Clarion worked fine.
I called from another city the next day and asked to speak to the manager and was told there was no manager on duty; I explained I was told the day before that there would be. The desk person then switched me into a female's voicemail and I explained the previous day's fiasco and left a contact number asking for a return call. It's Tuesday night and nothing.
We have noticed a marked turnover of personnel and sharp decline in service at this property lately. To leave a property in the hands of inexperienced or unprepared staff with no sound means of their being able to seek help or advice is inexcusable.
I have already cancelled a future reservation and will not be returning to this property again.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Eye-on-ocean

Eye-on-ocean
We thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We appreciate all feedback from our guests. I apologize that this experience fell short of your expectations.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I purchased this through Hotwire and was given a room on the third floor. The room was clean but it smelled like someone had very strong body odor. I had them assign me a new room.

I saved $20 off of the published rate. The hall carpets are tired and need to be replaced. The room was clean. Not too far from the airport. It is located on hotel row.

The manager needs to pay more attention to detail. There was a light that was not working next to the bed and the desk lamp outlet did not work.

Room Tip: Smell the room first.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank skatingtoolman
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Skatingtoolman

We are sorry to hear that our accommodations did not meet up to you standards. We strive to deliver an exceptional experience for all of our guests.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel was chosen because of its location just off Interstate 205 -- it was clean and reasonably comfortable, but there are very few restaurants in the area so you would probably need to drive to get something to eat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ClarionPDXManagement, General Manager at Clarion Hotel Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Mark H
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Looking forward to your next visit.
Don