“Excellent, varied cuisine”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We ate only one meal here but wished we could have made the time to come back. Neither of us is vegan, but we loved the food. The portions were large, the flavors varied and interesting, and the staff willing to work with any special requests. This casual restaurant is certainly worth the trip if you are at all interested in something vegan or just something delicious.

1  Thank Christine H

Reviewed 20 June 2013

The self-proclaimed "most organic vegan company in Oregon" lived up to it. It's so nice to go to a place and not have to think about what you order. Just order what sounds good to you, and it will automatically be organic, vegan and healthy for you. So simple. And did I mention it was delicious? Had the BBQ and curry dishes. Definitely try the frozen mug of Hibiscus tea.

1  Thank brionhurley
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I visited Portland for half marathon. After the marathon we were looking for healthy satisfying eats. Found this place on Yelp and we were definitely impressed. Small deli with more options than most restaurants! We ordered the Indian curry plate, BBQ tofu, Chili and nachos. Everything we ordered was awesome. The one guy working was fast and really friendly. Before leaving we bought some vegan/gluten free cookies and fudge for the road. I am neither vegan or gluten intolerant and I loved everything!

1  Thank kendellmurrel
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I have driven by this place probably more than 100 times in the last few years with the thought of "I need to check this place out one day." But I think that about another few dozen places every time I drive by.

I brought a friend here for lunch today. I was impressed with the selection of dishes and the salad bar looked great.

Dahl soup was spicy and hot, which was perfect for a rainy day. We also both ordered two entree portions rather than have them over rice. The kale was perfectly wilted and nicely flavored with spices. I had another dish with coconut curry and veggies.

I really like this place and I am not even vegan. It would be a true vegan's delight but even a meat eater would be able to walk out of this place with the satisfaction of a full belly and tantalized taste buds.

1  Thank PDXWindJammer
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I was surprised that the food we orered was already pre-cooked and sitting out. It tasted ok; it was a little bland. I love to support vegan restaurants, but I doubt I will be going back because Portland has so many other yummy vegan restaurants.