“Awesome cornbread”

Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

My husband ordered the burger and potato salad and loved both. I ordered the barbecue tofu which came with mac & cheese and a seasonal vegetable. The tofu was great. The mac & cheese was bland and luke warm, but edible. The seasonal vegetable was corn and broccoli. The broccoli was crisp, not overcooked, but both were lukewarm. I also ordered a side of corn bread. At first I was unimpressed because it was in several pieces, like it had crumbled when they cut it. However, it was amazing! I would go back just for the corn bread. Also my husband said the veggie burger was the best he has had, and he frequently orders veggie burgers at restaurants. On the cleanliness side, a few of the tables hadn't been wiped down. Ours was less dirty than some but still had sticky residue. The menu had good variety and I would go back and try something different.

Reviewed 26 April 2017

While traveling in Portland I yearned for some vegan fare. I came across this very unassuming small restaurant. Two guys were working there and I was the only patron at 5ish on a Saturday.... the place is a bit understated (read low end tables/etc.) Had my doubts but asked for some samples and was pleasantly surprised. I asked for a complement of foods , the waiter choice. Not only was the curry a delight but the other special was on the mark...... inexpensive and great tasting. Would consider a return trip when on that side of town.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Traveling through Portland we found this vegan restaurant on TripAdvisor. The venue is in a neighborhood and they have a small parking lot. Don't expect a spotless restaurant because it is not. However, the tables were clean and behind the counter looked clean. The place is just old. We ordered the Raw Sun-Cheese Sandwich (pictured) and The Killer Tempeh Reuben, along with a creamy, smooth cheesecake for dessert. People working there were very nice and helpful with selections. Service was prompt. They sell Bragg's drinks which are outstanding. The food was absolutely delicious! We will go back when we come to Portland.

1  Thank msjradennis
Reviewed 22 January 2017

This has been hands-down my favorite restaurant since I discovered it about 4 years ago. I travel full-time, and every time I'm in Portland, you can be sure I'll be at Papa G's every day or two! Not only is everything 100% vegan and organic, but they also accept Bitcoin!

Their Mac & Cheese is the best I've ever had (including when I ate cheese), their burger is amazing, and they brew their own ginger beer & blueberry kefir. If you haven't tried it, you really must :-)

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Great vegan choices and raw options too. Very friendly service. Mostly street parking if you are driving there.