The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
  • Breakfast included
US$206
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$205
Shilo Inns Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$230
  • Breakfast included
US$181
US$187
US$152
Park Lane Suites & Inn(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$138
Sentinel(Portland)
US$207
TripAdvisor
3,049 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture loungedeparture restaurantpioneer squaredepartment storeturn down serviceconcierge desktop floorcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Not a luxury hotel. When you have to plug your phones into the outlet in the bathroom, your bed doesn't have a night stand, and there are no robes in the room - you have to wonder who designed the hotel. In terms of the decor- it is art-deco at its finest, sadly the person who designed the rooms didn't think that the modern traveling family would need outlets for ipads, iphones, and the Kindles.
This hotel is suppose to be in the "luxury" line of hotels - from Starwood, and yet they forget that luxury involves the little things: when you request a crib, and you have the room reserved, it should be waiting for you - in this case it wasn't. But that also meant that no one thought to child proof the room. Were there blankets for the crib? No.
Robes in the room - not there- but in later communication with the hotel, they told us that they were simply not placed in the room (how does a luxury hotel with housekeeping not check that?).
Great location - great restaurants in the hotel. Young crowd, so it can be loud.
Parking in this downtown is always an issue- and valet parking is another $40 a day. If you want the concierge floor it is an extra $50 a day (they like upcharges).
This isn't a luxury hotel- the staff doesn't go out of their way, nor are the rooms set up for the modern traveler. This is an upper end hotel- . Our full review is at EatPackGo.com .
They need to see how Four Seasons does it before they compete in that league.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room- they are larger, have great views.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry S
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

I would like to apologize that you had an unpleasant experience while visiting our property. I have discussed the mentioned housekeeping opportunities with our Director of Housekeeping so that he may assist in ensuring our rooms are equipped with robes prior to our guest’s arrival and a crib with sheets if this is requested. Our guest rooms have outlets on our lamps on the nightstands (between the beds in our double bedded rooms) and we also have multiple outlets in our desks. While our Club level rooms are more expensive, our Club lounge offers four complimentary light fares per day as well as complimentary beverages and cocktails. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss anything further.

Fred Kleisner, GM
Fred.kleisner@thenines.com

Reviewed 24 May 2012

This hotel is always busy, so if you are platinum it doesn't always help because the hotel is so often booked that you can never get an upgrade. But, it is still a great hotel nonetheless, and is modern with a twist. Super convenient, and across from the Pioneer Place mall and the new Nike Store! You can't go wrong!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have traveled to Portland for months at a time. I always try to stay here because the bed is phenomenal, the food is spectacular, and the service has always been extraordinary. This is a first-class hotel that makes me feel at home every time I'm there. I'll be back soon. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: The double queen rooms are actually the largest rooms outside of suites. I like that since I do my p90x on the road. The corner king rooms rock, too.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

The hotel was beautifully decorated and well appointed, with a fantastic location right on Pioneer Square, though it is nearly impossible to access by car without making illegal turns, since it has MAX light rail running by on two sides.

We stayed over a Canadian long weekend for a getaway to Portland, and found our stay lovely on Friday night. On Saturday, the hotel was overrun with loud, rowdy stag/stagette party groups that spilled their parties out into the hallways right through to 2AM. Multiple phone calls to the front desk did nothing to deal with the noise and disturbance throughout the night.

The staff at the hotel treat you poorly if you don't appear "rich". I was frequently ignored by hotel staff since I am younger and I guess don't look like the type to give tips, not that the service was at a level that deserved a tip. The staff became aggressive at check out when I disputed a hefty dinner charge that had been fraudulently billed to my room, despite the fact I had receipts to prove I was nowhere near the hotel at the time the dinner was billed, and the restaurant was unable to provide their copy of the receipt to prove the signature, or that the meal was ever even purchased. After finally being assured that the charge would not be put on my credit card, it showed up a few days later, leaving me to call Visa and have it removed, after multiple calls to the hotel accounting department went unanswered.

I guess if you look rich and don't stay on a Saturday night, the hotel would be fine...otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave M
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate the positive as well as the negative reactions to your stay; it truly helps to improve the operations of our property. I apologize that you had an unpleasant experience with our staff, please know that our guest’s satisfaction is our number one priority and I will be following up with our team in regard to your comments. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss anything further.

Fred Kleisner, GM
Fred.kleisner@thenines.com

Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

Love the location, decor, service and value. I plan to stay here each time I travel to Portland. There really is not another place in the city that compares!

• Stayed: May 2012