The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
US$299
US$275
Orbitz.com
3,086 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture loungedeparture restaurantpioneer squaredepartment storeturn down serviceconcierge desktop floorcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
Reviewed 9 May 2013

This hotel is in a great spot in downtown Portland, with easy walking distance to a good portion of the Northwest side and not too far from Forest Park. Bus travel to south east is easy to get to from The Nines. Every employee that I encountered was pleasant to deal with. I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Thank you for sharing your compliments. Our staff strives to provide personalized service to all guests and we are pleased to learn have experienced this first hand. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

The Nines is a respectable hotel, with respectable quality, respectable design, and a highly respectable location. While there is nothing about it that rings the bell, you aren't likely to be sorry that you chose it.

I stayed on the club floor. Having coffee and a (sort of) breakfast waiting for me, along with newspapers, each morning was pleasant, albeit unsatisfying. For a city with a farm to table ethos, I was shocked by the blandness of the offerings. And amused - as an east coast person, being presented with tiny dabs of cream cheese necessitated taking about 16 in order to make medium size schmears on my bagel.

The room was comfortable, pleasant, and clean. The bathroom reasonable, though missing q-tips, An oddity was that nowhere in the room was an explanation of the historic nature of the building or the history of the rehab.

Noise was a bit of an issue. Though my windows were on the atrium, not the street, both drumming and bass noise permeated my room as I tried to sleep. A white noise machine would have been useful.

Lastly, the staff was adequate. Cheerful, but not genuine, I thought. I have no complaints about any of them. But my experiences in other cities - New York City, for instance - suggests that either training or company ethos is lacking.

Anyway, I have no serious complaints. I just wouldn't return to The Nines if I had my druthers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank recklessweimie

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience. I am disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please allow me the opportunity to further discuss your comments by reaching me via email at Fred.Kleisner@thenines.com.

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

The hotel is right in the middle of downtown Portland. High enough you do not hear the city noise. If you go pay a little more and ask for the Club floor ! Great lite breakfasts ( not the standard fare you see around ) , wine and beer through the day, happy hour with mixed drinks and after dinner deserts and corduals at note all part of the room value.
Great view from Departures resturant and lounge on top.
Macy's is next door and metro system is outstanding.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you very much for sharing such positive feedback. We are delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay. We hope your travel plans bring you back to our city of roses and that we are fortunate enough to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed 5 May 2013

As an SPG Gold member, I was able to get a nice room and late checkout (4 p.m.!). Arrival was pretty effortless in terms of valet parking, checkin and getting to my room. Room was nice, clean and typical of a boutique hotel. The bed was comfortable and all the other furniture seemed well kept. The location is great as it's in the heart of downtown Portland with lots of places within easy walking distance. Very welcoming staff and consistent good service. Nice workout room with fairly new equipment.

I'd recommend you request to have your car ready very early (15-20 minutes) as the lot is several blocks away for the valets to run to. If it's near checkout time or other busy times, it may take a while.

The only snafu was my key expired prior to my late checkout and I had to return to the front desk, which was swamped with weekend checkins. Fortunately, someone at the concierge desk took me to my room to retrieve my bags for checkout.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. As a valued SPG Gold member, we truly appreciate your loyalty in the brand and your feedback. I am sorry that we missed the mark with your key card, however, I am pleased to hear that our concierge team was able to redeem this situation and assist you to your room. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Portland!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I booked The Nines for my business trip based on all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor, however I was not impressed at all. Granted, I checked in after spending two nights in Seattle Fairmont which is hotel perfection in my opinion. Let's start with the positives. 1) Great downtown location close to shopping and restaurants 2) Really nice fittness center. Unfortunately the negatives outweighed the positives for me. The room was on the smaller side, badly decorated and very noisy. I was on the 7th floor and kept waking up all night because of traffic noise. This is not Manhattan! They should be able to manage noise levels through proprer windows and insulation. If one can't get a good night's sleep at a hotel nothing else pretty much matters. I was also surprised that the room had no bathrobes and no minibar. This is at most a three star hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Katerina_CA
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience. We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay at the Nines. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you in the future to regain your confidence in us.