The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
US$211
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3,092 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture loungedeparture restaurantpioneer squaredepartment storeturn down serviceconcierge desktop floorcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
Reviewed 5 July 2013

My family and I stayed at the Nines on the 4th of July so we could catch the fireworks on the waterfront and not have to fight traffic afterward. It is very conveniently located to everything. Macy's in on the bottom floors, it's across the street from Pioneer Place, several Starbucks within a block of the hotel and the waterfront was several blocks away.

The hotel is beautiful and the staff was very attentive. Only black eye in the place was the rooftop restaurant "Departure", terrible service, worse we've ever had, see my tripadvisor review for details. But that's where this hotel went above and beyond. We had stopped by after the fireworks for what we thought would be a very pleasant end to a wonderful evening, but it turned out to be a nightmare. The next day, we were still very upset from the experience and so I decided to share it with management. Not only did the manager, didn't get his name, listen to me, he insisted on taking the charge off our bill, I told him that wasn't the purpose for telling him, only that they should know so maybe they could make some adjustments to improve the overall experience. But he wouldn't hear of it and went ahead and removed the charges. He was very apologetic and assured me that he would pass on my comments, very nice man.

The hotel is as depicted in all the pictures. Beds were super comfortable and the overall atmosphere of the place was fantastic. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here, just stay away from Departure!!! Urban Farmer is a great place though. I'm so glad I talked to the hotel manager, he completely changed my experience, had I not spoken with him, my review would have taken an entirely different route.

Room Tip: Splurge for a deluxe room, the views are totally worth it!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the lack of exceptional services that you received at the Departure Restaurant, however, I am delighted to hear that the Front Office Manager was able to improve your overall experience. We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Stayed at the Nines this past week cannot say anything but greatest place I have ever stayed at.
Staff could not have been have been more efficient and always pleasant no matter what you asked of them.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. We truly appreciate your kind words in regards to our service and commending our staff. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the whole of our property. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2013

We checked in last night and were immediately greeted by the valet and bellman, who were extremely helpful and very friendly. They quickly unloaded our baggage and made arrangements for our car as we headed up to the registration desk on the 8th floor. The registration desk staff were again extremely friendly and greeted us sincerely and asked about our day. The concierge desk staff was almost helpful as I had a few questions about activities, they took my information and promised to call me shortly with the information and details I requested, and yes they called our room about 5 minutes later with exactly what I was looking for and offered to help with anything else we needed. The hotel is beautiful and our room outstanding, pure elegance. The bellman arrived a few minutes after we got to our room and unloaded our luggage also offered to get us ice, which he did for our small cooler and for our room. He asked us about our plans and made several recommendations for activities and restaurants, totally exceeding our expectations. This is certain a hotel that lives up to its reputation, rooms are large and very we'll decorated and views are great. This is. Must of you're staying in Portland.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing to be our guest during your visit to Portland. I am pleased to learn that our team provided you with an exceptional service throughout your stay and that we were able to exceed your expectations! We look forward to welcoming you again in the future!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We only stayed for one night in Portland, but The Nines is great hotel in a prime location in downtown Portland. It occupies the top floors above a Macy's department store. The styling of the hallways and rooms is contemporary. The rooms are very luxurious with a nice size bathroom, sitting area, and bedroom. The rooms were very clean and our showed no signs of age. When we arrived I noticed a towel and set of slippers by the bed which is something I had never seen at hotel. I guess it for the OCD in some of us who may not want to touch the carpet with there feet. It was different and a nice touch. Shows the level and attention to detail of the management. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. The only negative thing I can say about our stay was that there was no view out our window. It was just the decrotive concrete of the buildings decor. If I go back to Portland I would absolutely stay at The Nines again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raskinco

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our property throughout and that our team provided an exceptional experience. It would be my pleasure to welcome you again in the future for another luxury experience.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

I adore The Nines. It is stylish, luxurious, and feels like a glorious escape in the midst of the city. The food is delicious, and service is excellent. If you want a great hotel in Portland, there is no beating the Nines.

My favorite part of staying at any Starwood is hotel is making the reservation!! Jeffrey Fong, who works for The Luxury Collection in the Boston office, is excellent. He is friendly, fun, and always finds the best deals. I am quite savvy at shopping for the best price, but Jeffrey always beats what I can find.

I used to dislike booking travel plans, but since I found Jeffrey, I look forward to it. I almost always book Starwood because of him.

Room Tip: I love the corner two queen rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your compliments. Our staff strives to provide personalized service to all guests and we are pleased to learn have experienced this first hand. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.