“OMG, I love this hotel!”

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
Ranked #17 of 141 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
DaveSmith007
“OMG, I love this hotel!”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This hotel is absolutely fantastic.... I don't even know where to begin. The staff is friendly and very service oriented. The location is awesome - right in the center of all the action. The decor is modern, chic, tasteful, fun, and decorative. The room is very well appointed and comfortable. And I just found out they are dog friendly! We are missing our dog while here and next we're going to drive and bring him. The only other 5-star hotel I've stayed in that allows dogs is the Ritz and I would stay here over the Ritz any day... much more character and more friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
FredKleisner, General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Thank you for your rave review! We look forward to welcoming you again soon, pup included! You are all very welcome!

Fred.kleisner@thenines.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (722)
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The Nines if my first choice stay in Portland. Recently, when planning a 5 night business trip, the hotel was booked. Spending five nights away from home is hard; harder if you're not in a sweet hotel. So, I asked to be on the waiting list. After the first night in my second choice, I walked into the Nines and inquired. An hour later I was checked in. The service here is excellent, not at all pretentious, very friendly -- from door men to front desk to housekeeping! The rooms are large, the beds very comfortable. It's quiet and tranquil. The gym is one of the best hotel gyms: cardio, spin bike, floor equipment, and weight machines. The location is great, if you come to PDX to shop. The MAX stops one block away, for access to/from the airport and travel to the Pearl District. Stay here and you won't stay anywhere else in town.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Nines as your preferred hotel in Portland! I am delighted to hear that we could accommodate you during your most recent visit to Portland and we look forward to welcoming you for both business and pleasure for many years to come!

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Great lobby, its definitely one of its kind. I stayed at many different hotels, this one definitely has its own character. Staffs were friendly, bedding was great. Not to mention its location is right in downtown, walking distance to many great attractions. I would recommended

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our property! We would be pleased to welcome you again on your next trip to Portland.

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

Second visit to The Nines. Great property, fantastic location & amazing dining experience at Departure. Josie in the Club Level Lounge is incredible, she remembered all our names every time we walked in! Michael at the Front Desk was very accommodating & gracious...

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the property as a whole. It will be my pleasure to share your experience with the team and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was at The Nines today. I was not staying there (I live in Portland) but joined a friend for breakfast at their restaurant, Urban Farmer.

The hotel is nice and cool. The concierges the best ever! Josie R. and Elizabeth B. very super nice, helpful, patient and caring. And I was not even a guest of their hotel.
They helped me and my friend to get an urgent fax. It was over 60 pages and took over one hour to get through. They never complained or stop smiling, despite being super busy. I am very grateful. Those are the type of people that make the hospitality industry shine.

Merci!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking a moment to commend our team! We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The location of the hotel was right in the centre of Portland and very easy to find. The staff were all very friendly and made our stay enjoyable. This was our first visit to Portland and the bell staff were really helpful in providing directions and suggesting places to go. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms directly under the top floor restaurant can be a bit noisy on a Fri/Sat night - but only for a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
It is a joy to read your recent review of the Nines. Our staff strives to provide exceptional service to all of our guests and I am pleased to learn that you experienced this first hand. I appreciate your compliments of our Bell team and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Booked the hotel as it was the venue for an association meeting. Was surprised to find it on the upper floors of a classic old downtown department store. Floors 1-5 are a Macy's. Six and above are hotel. Floor 15 is a very trendy bar with views of the city, filled with trendy people that averaged 25 years of age!
Overall experience was good. The meeting rooms were good and the between meeting food and drink was as you'd expect. Staff was helpful and kept the place "tidy." The rooms were very slick and modern, a sharp contrast to the old building shell that housed them. But they worked. Call me old fashioned but I found the bathroom faucets offered more form than function but they look good in promo photos.
Housekeeping could use bed making lessons; the bottom sheet hung over a little on one side (and kept coming untucked) and drug the floor on the other side (and didn't come untucked!) It was the same both nights making me wonder if they even made the bed the second night.
But overall this was a first class experience. In room set up was good; TV, deck, Wifi, etc. The fitness center was large, busy and well equipped.
Oh, and one more thing! They must have thought I was alone in the room so the turn down service only left a single chocolate on the pillow. That caused a real issue when my wife made off with it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our property. I apologize for the lack of exceptional services provided during our stay-over and turnover services and I have readdressed this with the team for immediate improvement. It would be my pleasure to welcome you again during your next visit to Portland! We will be sure to place two chocolates in your room upon your return. We don't want anyone to be left out!