“Treated like ROYALTY ”

The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
Ranked #23 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Magnificent Service and gorgeous and elegant rooms!
I must say I've stayed at some of the most unique hotels/resort and The Nines here in Portland is definitely the talk of the town. From NBA Superstars, Politicians, Movie Celebrities, to an Average Kid from Hawaii visiting friends they serve every guest the same, As Royalty!
My stay was short but One I will never forget! Check in day was My 25th Birthday and upon check they had a room ready which was great! After leaving my room to explore the city and my surroundings I come back to find delicious layered chocolate cake and iced champagne with a Card wishing me a Happy Birthday.
This is just but a little start of unbelievable service they expressed.
I would DEFINITELY recommend them ALL the TIME!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
MarcAdrar, Assistant General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to recommend our property! We are pleased to hear we were able to charm you! We value your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the future. Perhaps we will see you for another birthday celebration in Portland next year? Please let me know if I may assist with a return stay in the future. I am at your service.

There are newer reviews for The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland

Reviewed 22 May 2014

There are so many good things to say about this place. For starters, it is close to everything, you can pretty much walk everywhere. It is a few blocks to the riverside park, it isnt far from Deschutes and some of the local watering holes, and you have a ton of good eats nearby as well (Tasty is awesome). The hotel has a great bar at the top of the building (it is indoors) and you can eat there as well.

We were there 2 days and it was as quiet as it can be. The room faced the atrium, which at first I wasnt crazy about but really it was great because the sun didnt wake us up in the am, and the place is super, super quiet. Also the maids dont bang on the doors at 8:30 (hello, Marriott, I am talking about you.....). The room was immaculate, the bathroom was literally sterilized before we got there (in a good way) and there is plenty of space everywhere. The decor is really cool, a modern, frenchesque touch to everything. Very classy. The bed was really comfortable, no issues sleeping.

The best part about the hotel is the service. Quincy at the front desk was just awesome, he gave us a load of advice on things to see and places to eat. Derrick at the bar downstairs (in the atrium) was also awesome. Literally everyone was great (sorry I cant remember all your names) but from the valet to the front desk, every single person was really just stellar. This is the kind of service you hope for when you go somewhere.

It costs to stay here, but it is worth it - you will not be disappointed. We are already looking forward to our next stay - thank you Quincy and team Nines, you made our stay an absolutely awesome one!!!!

Room Tip: My advice is to valet your car - well worth the cost at $40 per day, parking in downtown is difficul...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks on your comments and for acknowledging the exceptional service that Quincy, Derrick and the team have provided. We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending our property. Please know that I have shared your comments with the whole of the team and we look forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to our city of roses.

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Magnificent Service and gorgeous and elegant rooms!
This is just but a little start of unbelievable service they expressed.
I would DEFINITELY recommend them ALL the TIME!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

It's a very nice place and the amenities are top notch albeit for a price. If I were to come back to Portland, Oregon this would certainly be a good pick but I would try to get better than published rates. One very good point is that the entire staff takes great pride in their work and it shows. The hotel is downtown and within walking distance of restaurants, shops and points of interest. I took the light rail from the airport and the stop was only yards from the hotel's front door. This is my first time in Portland and I am impressed with the cleanliness and layout of the streets and store fronts.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for posting your 5 star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Portland experience overall and we hope to welcome you again in the future whether it's business or pleasure.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We really enjoyed our 3 night stay at the Nines. It was as other reviewers indicated, the location is great as it is very central. The hotel is beautiful, clean and comfortable. The bed is awesome as well! The only thing we thought could have been improved was the limited number of towel racks in the bathroom and the low-flow bathroom faucet. In the scheme of our hotel stay, these are very minor things.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
MarcAdrar, Assistant General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the property as a whole and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We will definitely be back here. Here's why:

1) Awesome location. So many cool places to eat and shop all within walking distance, which was key for us since we have a small baby
2) Awesome service: So the Nines is pretty posh, we weren't sure if we were going to fit in (again, b/c we have a young baby and most people staying there are young couples or businessmen) but we didn't feel awkward or anything. The people at Conceirge and Front Desk were very, very nice. A shout out to Kacy at Concierge who was SUPER SUPER helpful!
3) Awesome Amenities: Very spacious and well equipped gym, nightly turndown service, and the breakfast at Urban Farmer should not be missed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your acknowledgement of Kacy’s personalized service and it will be my pleasure to share your compliments with her. Please let me know if I may assist in the future. We will look forward to welcoming you again for another upscale experience.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Nines is one of the Luxury Collection within the Starwood Group and, like its counterpart in Dallas (The Joule), it's boutique-ish, funky, a modernized shell within an old and venerable frame. It's immediately above Macy's on Morrison, opposite the heart of the city, Pioneer Place, with the light rail literally outside your hotel door. You go to the Reception on the 8th. Floor and the hotel rooms are centred around a massive and wonderful atrium which looks down on to a bustling and lively restaurant. We stayed in a Club Room, and the accommodation was more than ample, the room ceiling quite lofty, the service both friendly and efficient, the canapés and drinks throughout the day as welcome as they were served in a calming atmosphere. But...my only complaint is the weird, wacky and not-so-wonderful bathroom plumbing. Now I have three postgraduate degrees, but I defy you to get the shower-over-the-bath to work first go. In desperation we asked one of the friendly and eager-to-please staff to show us, which he very promptly did. And could we turn the water OFF after showering? No, sirree! Another call for help, and we were able to save many gallons of constantly flowing water. The wash basin also is weird, in that, like a shower, it flows in many streams, not just one solid one, and in to a tin basin that sounds, well, tinny. , although meant to be cutting-edge, looks tinny. These are quibbles, like trying to get the tamper- and thief-proof shampoo, conditioner and shower gel devices to work, but once you get the hang of it, everything's fine. These sorts of things really shouldn't happen when you're paying $371.94 per night, but, overall, the stay has been really happy, so I unhesitatingly recommend the indulgence.

Room Tip: Try Room 1243 for a really quiet room (not overlooking the boisterous restaurant below)
1  Thank mccorquinn

Thank you for taking the time to recommend our property! We value your feedback and I must apologize for the inconveniences caused to you by the fixtures and amenities in the bathroom. We will consider your comments and hope to improve for you as well as our future guests. Please let me know if I may assist in the future.