“STARWOOD FAVORITE !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Gresham, Oregon
“STARWOOD FAVORITE !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Family tradition is to come downtown to The Nines for the tree lighting every year. We live locally and I work downtown. The memories we have shared here for this event as well as couple getaways and also with friends from out of town that I want to show Portland to are priceless. We absolutely love this Starwood location. It is chic, people are friendly, food/drink options are unique and the location is amazing for shopping, exploring, transit, eating, theater, etc. etc.

Room Tip: Both views are great, the atrium AND the street view, depends on your preference. However, if a one...
Green Features: Great as all Starwood locations, especially Westin and the Luxury line.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MarcAdrar, Assistant General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the property as a whole. We hope to welcome you again soon! Couples, family, friends… all are welcome!

Marc.Adrar@theNines.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have stayed here for business before and this trip was for 3 days. The suite they upgraded me to was spacious and really nicely appointed. I unitized both the extremely popular Departures Restaurant and Bar on the top floor and the lobby restaurant. Both were excellent. The roof top Departures terrace is a "don't miss". It has great views of downtown and the river. It is PACKED on weekends! The staff is very friendly and accommodating especially front desk bell staff and concierge desk. I utilized all of them during my stay. The Nines is my favorite hotel in Portland. If you are going to Portland book a room.

Green Features: Very hotel environmentally friendly. Has many practices in place for ecology.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending our property. We are pleased to be your preferred hotel in Portland and we look forward to welcoming you back for many years to come. Cheers!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I recently completed a 4night stay at The Nines. I stay in many hotels around the world. In my opinion the staff at this hotel, from the housekeepers to the management is 5 star.

My husband became ill on arrival. When I realized that he would need medical attention, the staff went above and beyond to help me. From quickly having a wheelchair, to having our car waiting, to printing driving directions to the hospital. This all happened in a matter of minutes. Josie, our concierge even stopped at the hospital on her way home that night to check on us. Housekeeping went in and cleaned the room so it would be clean when I got back. The next morning I received an email from the manager, Mia, making sure there wasn't anything I needed.

I must say that the rooms are nothing special. The bed is very comfortable. The rooms are small compared to other 5 stars I've stayed in. I specifically asked to have a room that looked out instead of into the atrium as I read those rooms were noisy. Our room was very quiet. The bathroom was nice and had a vanity so I could sit and put on makeup and do my hair. The bath products were high end. Robe and slippers are always nice and make you feel pampered. And there was turndown service with fresh ice, bottled water and chocolate at the bedside.

The food at the Hungry Farmer was very good. We ate there only for breakfast but it was presented nicely and very flavorful.

As my opinion of a place is usually based on the total experience, I give this hotel a 5 star rating.
I hope to return again some day and not spend half my week at the hospital. Until then I hope The Nines continues doing what it does best, providing excellent stomper service.

A special thanks to Josie and Mike. Also John our valet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Debra V
MarcAdrar, Assistant General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and commend our team. We appreciate your acknowledgement of the personalized service you received and it will be my pleasure to share your compliments with Josie, Mike and John. We hope that your husband is now well and we hope to welcome you again for your next escape in our City of Roses.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The Nines is a very cool hotel that takes up the 8th thru the 14th floors of a building. It has a hopping bar/restaurant on the top floor with outside bar and eating options. There is also a large covered courtyard that half the rooms look out into that has an additional restaurant. Great music is played throughout the hotel. We were a bit surprised by the cost of dinner, but the breakfast was reasonable and very good.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We will hope for the opportunity to welcome you again in the future for another hip Portland experience.

colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Visited for long weekend with a friend. Made a guess of location when booking, and I think I did a pretty good job. Location was great the perfect home base after wandering the city. Restaurant at the top has a great view of the city, but set up more for that 'we're so hip we've got to be here' crowd.
Rooms clean, comfortable with all the regular stock of a great hotel.
Would recommend highly! But must admit, price hurt a bit. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to be our guest. We appreciate you sharing your compliments of the Nines. Perhaps you will have an opportunity to visit us again in the future outside of peak season? It would be our pleasure to welcome you again for your next escape in the city.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Wow - this is the only place in Portland I will stay. I was treated very well, the room was appointed beautifully and the amenities were fantastic. Like the lime/lemon/basil fresh water in the gym along with complimentary ear buds for your iPod and cool cloths for post work-out - what a nice touch. Perfectly located in the Pioneer District and walkable to everything Portland has to offer. The staff were top notch and non-pretentious. Thank you.

Room Tip: I had an atrium view room which turned out to be perfect as it was quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our property! We are pleased to be your preferred hotel in Portland. We value your feedback and attention to detail and we hope to welcome you again soon.

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Beautiful rooms and great lobby in this downtown hotel. Service was outstanding from the help curbside to the front desk. We had access to the club lounge which was a great area to relax. The restaurant "Urban Farmer" was the tops! Food was excellent! We ate breakfast and dinner there during our stay. We will definitely go back and highly recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the property as a whole. We will look forward to welcoming you again.