“Fabulous. Highly recommended”

GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton, Canada
“Fabulous. Highly recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed with family for 4 nights. Everything was very good including location, rooms, service, food, and layout. Great hotel to stay in if visiting Portland. Highly recommended. Very close to all shopping and easy walking to variety of downtown amenities

Green Features: Had strong green program where they give meaningful number of points each day you don't have room made up
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
MarcAdrar, Assistant General Manager at The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear Peter S,

You and your family are always welcome to join us! Looking forward to seeing you again.

Marc.Adrar@theNines.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Hmmm so far not impressed. The Starwood chain should stay at a Fairmont hotel for the true and awesome club floor concept. I had to ask someone to get me bottled water out of a back room ?! Really? Wines are sub par (probably why they are included). Rooms are okay, very New York sized but clean. Will see if my opinion changes in the next few days ....

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Care70
Dear Care70,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience with us and I apologize that our property fell short of your expectations during this visit. We hope to learn and improve for you as well as our future guests and I am open to your feedback if you would like to discuss further.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Expected to have a fantastic experience at the Nines but it was lackluster. Had a view of the interior courtyard of the hotel. Location is excellent. Service is good. Rooms are just blah.
Only other hotel i stayed at in Portland was the Marriot which was blah but I had a veiw of Mt Hood which was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BellaField
Dear BellaField,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience with us and I apologize that our property fell short of your expectations during this visit. Please feel free to contact me directly should you like to discuss this further. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you in the future to redeem your current expectation.

Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed at The Nines while attending a business conference in PDX. The entire hotel staff was extremely courteous and friendly. Always going out of their way to say hello and ask if there was anything they could do to make the stay better. I went for a long run and returned to the hotel sweaty and tired. Upon entering the lobby, one of the valet's ran into a backroom and fetched me a bottle of water without even asking if I wanted one. The hotel room was great. Very comfortable beds, spacious and quiet rooms, etc. Hotel is located in the heart of downtown PDX - easy walking distance to the waterfront, food, etc. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear John C,

Thank you for your 5 star review! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the Nines location and service. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Nines as a work reward trip. Overall it was an amazing experience mainly due to the top-notch service across the board. Peter, the concierge, provided awesome restaurant recommendations, secured all reservations and then provided us both a written itinerary and text confirmations. To some extent that is expected at a nice hotel. However, when we arrived at our first dinner that night, we realized that Peter was able to get us into one of the most popular restaurants in the city and at the last minute. He also arranged to send us cordials and a small treat at the end of the meal. It certainly made an impression. The great part is that the restaurant (Andina) was super fun, tasty, and not overly stuffy and pricey. Exactly what we were looking for. In fact, all of his restaurant recommendations were spot on without a miss. Laurie in the club lounge was another great example of service. She offered excellent counsel on a few popular city attractions and even provided a few free tickets to the Japanese Garden. Perhaps I am just not used to this level of hospitality (although well-traveled) but the Nines has amazing service from the front desk to the concierge to the valet. All were relatable and downright helpful. Great find.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Katie W,

Many thanks on your comments and for acknowledging the exceptional service that Peter, Laurie and the team have provided. We truly appreciate you for taking the time to share your experience and for recommending our property. Please know that I have shared your comments with the whole of the team and we look forward to welcoming you again during your next trip to Portland.

New York, Ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We were on the 7th floor facing the courthouse. It was a lovely view and the room was charming, but small.

We had to ask for a new duvet the second we arrived because of a nasty yellow stain right in the middle of the bed (that smelled and looked as though they tried to scrub at it instead of change the duvet from previous occupant)- even our bell hop bringing in our luggage made a face at.

The street noise didn't bother us, but we could hear every time someone entered or left three room down the hall. Little things like only having one robe despite us being booked as 2 in the room made it a but less special.

Nice but not amazing for the price.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Tara K
Dear Tara K,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your recent experience. We regret to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay at the Nines. We do have a variety of room types and sizes and I would like to extend my services to you if you would like to return in the future. It would be my pleasure to assist in confirming a room best suited to your preferences. Additionally, I apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the duvet cover in the room and I assure you this is not standard at the Nines. Please feel free to reach out to myself directly if I may assist in the future.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at The Nines on a recent business trip. It is in a very nice location convenient to many downtown Portland attractions and restaurants. The room, facing the atrium, was very quiet. The service in the Club Lounge was outstanding, especially Joshua. Two negatives kept me from giving the top rating. One was my room was not ready when I arrived on a Sunday at 4:30 pm. I had to wait approx an hour until the room was ready. Second was their in-house restaurant was a bit too costly for the meal. I would not eat there again....much better value at a number of restaurants just a few steps away.

Room Tip: My room, facing the atrium, was very quiet. I cannot comment on the rooms facing the street.