The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
US$211
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
3,092 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture loungedeparture restaurantpioneer squaredepartment storeturn down serviceconcierge desktop floorcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
Reviewed 30 April 2009

Excellent Hotel and Service. I accidentially knocked my phone off the hook the second morning and the front desk was unable to provide me with my wake up call, and I woke up on time due to a staff member knocking on my door. True Story. In my opinion that is exceptional service!

Highly Recommended...! Also recommend the Departure roof top bar...

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank bryangoodwin
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I read mixed reviews here about the Nines after booking our stay through a travel deal company. There were complaints about the service, the front desk personnel and the light and late night noise from the atrium in the rooms. I had a bit of trouble calling the local # to inquire about our room location- they transferred me to the reservation clearinghouse instead of letting me ask them personally about our room! The central # then transferred me back to them when I insisted I be able to talk to the hotel directly. When I asked to speak to the GM I was mysteriously disconnected. On my third try they put me through to somebody at the desk, although not the manager. She was very helpful and friendly. I explained we wanted to make sure we weren't on the atrium because of the noise/light factor. She moved us right then and was very cordial about it.

We arrived by train for a weekend stay Friday 4/17 PM to Sunday 4/19 AM. The hotel is easily reached from Amtrak- take any #9 train from a block away. Since it is all downtown the buses and light rail and trolleys are all free (have the concierge mark on a map for you how far you can go). Everything was in walking/transit distance and a lot of fun!
(AND... there are five floors of MACY's under you!!)

Our room was very nice. There was a turn down service and a daily paper and housekeeping did their job. The bed was great, the linens fresh. Pulling the second set of drapes behind the sheers blocks the light and we slept very well. It was quiet and relaxing and totally worth the trip! All the help including the doormen were friendly and smiling (boy, can those doormen dress impeccably!)

There's a well stocked self serve mini bar/refreshments fridge in the room although we didn't use much because of the added expense. We had Wireless -at no extra charge,
thank you!! We did not eat at the hotel - a continental breakfast for one to the room was like $17 (or bring a hotpot for instant coffee) but there is a Starbux right across the street if you want to go out and bring it back or grab it on your way to "fun".

The hotel is right on Pioneer Square, the light rail goes right past the front door, it's only a few short walking blocks to the breweries and a short ride to the Burnside Bridge Saturday Market, the Art Museum, the Waterfront Park etc. I understand that the daily parking fee is rather expensive, but probably not for the Portland area.

We will definitely return to the Nines - perhaps the GM tweaked the help after reading the reviews, as we will highly recommend this hotel to anyone we know- We are already planning to get back this summer!

Holly

3  Thank PBelle
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Although this hotel is centrally located and has some nice decor, this rooms lack some basic hotel 101 amenities to be considered a 4 or 5 star hotel. Needs soundproof windows to protect from the bar noise eminating from the inner atrium (yes, we could hear it on 14th floor even); needs black out shades (lights from inner atrium prevented our room from getting really cave-like dark); needs non-cardboard-like toilet paper and kleenex. Until these changes are made, don't even bother staying here.

2  Thank sdalias
Reviewed 8 April 2009

My husband and I spent five nights at the Nines in Portland, there as musicians playing for a wedding in town. Our room was a corner room on the 14th floor with a view of the Willamette River and the City. The room was beautiful and quiet, the view spectacular, the bed comfortable, the bathroom with its marble floor and shower was luxurious. Everything was immaculate. The staff, from housekeeping to the front desk was professional and friendly. We appreciated the bottled water brought to our room morning and afternoon - at no charge. We had dinner at the Urban Farmer - both of us had seafood - and is was amazing, The wait staff serving us was perfect. The decor in the atrium is fresh and beautiful. I used the business center to print out boarding passes - no charge. It is a happening place in a great location. We recommend self parking your car rather than using the valet - it is less than half the cost, and parking is about two blocks away.

2  Thank curlygramma
Reviewed 7 April 2009

this was a great experience.the hotel was great the beds were the most comfortable ive ever slept on in a hotel.we even tried to see were the pillows came from.this hotel is right in the downtown core so there was no need to drive around to get to things.the valet parking is $32 but they did go out to get things we forgot a few times,without saying anything so that was great.the gym is top of the line with built in tv's to watch during your ride.while we didnt eat in the restaurants they did look rather intimate.now for us this was the best part of the hotel.if you have a dog like us this hotel was great.they greeted our girl cleo every morning with a good morning by name and even a treat.. so if you're looking for a place that will treat you and your 4 legged friend equally this is the place to stay ,i know we will be back

2  Thank petesplaces65