The Nines, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Portland
Dossier(Portland)
Hotel Lucia(Portland)
  • Pool
3,046 results
All reviewsurban farmerthe club loungerooftop bardeparture loungedeparture restaurantpioneer squaredepartment storeturn down serviceconcierge desktop floorcity viewbeautiful hotelheart of downtowncorner roomvalet parkingvalet servicefitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My family and I stayed in this hotel for one week. Everyone at the Nines was superb and did not hesitate to assist any requests. All suggestions for dining were excellent. The valets were on their A-game; car brought quickly and always asked if directions were necessary. Turndown service was automatic with bottle water and brownies. We were on the 10th fl. and the room was very quiet; no street noise or hallway sounds. An excellent hotel when conducting business in the heart of downtown Portland.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank ramsfanHonolulu
Reviewed 19 July 2009

One of the best hotels in the Starwood chain. The location is unbeatable and within walking distance to everything. The Platinum lounge is incredible and is staffed with the most attentive and polite people I have ever met. There is always something to munch on for breakfast, lunch, dinner and happy hour and...Get this...The cocktails are FREE!

The rooms are luxurious. The view is A+ Check it out!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank PLRamirez
Reviewed 17 July 2009

We Stayed Saturday night on a paid reservation for two rooms. This is definitly the best hotel in Portland.

The Lounge is one of the best I have seen in the US. Colin, the lounge concierge exceeded our service expectations.

Room- Small interior rooms overlooking the atrium, but still very nice. I brought my daughter on this trip and she stayed in the 2nd room. This is where the surprise came in. She suffers from allergies to cats and dogs and was up all night sneezing and her eyes were swollen shut the next day. I love the fact that this hotel is pet friendly, but I had assumed that they would have specific rooms set aside for those guests. I would suggest that they at least designate a specific floor for pets, as I am sure there are many guests that have allergies.

Overall this is still my favorite hotel in Portland and I will continue to stay there, unless the children come along--then we will have to find another hotel to avoid the allergy issue. The location is perfect...right in the middle of town and within walking distance to everything

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank todsky
Reviewed 14 July 2009

A remarkable swanky hotel right in the heart of downtown Portland. The Max train and street cars were conveniently accessible. I loved the mod/swanky decor in the spacious rooms. Fabulous room service, the beds were extremely comfortable. I have nothing negative to say about The Nines. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SequoiaBlue
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Is now one of my favorite hotels. The hotel is beautiful, located in a great area and the service is perfect. Unlike most hotels where service has been painfully reduced, it seems that the nines has taken a different approach. The service was quick, efficient and responsive. The Club Level Lounge staff was unbelievable, Douglas in particular went out of his was to accomodate our requests and in most cases to anticipated them before we asked. Awesome is all I can say about our stay!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends