All reviews cascade station buffalo wild wings red robin w hotel portland airport free parking light rail lobby bar an early flight business traveler sliding door restaurants and shopping indoor pool flat screen rental car max station shuttle service
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Made a last minute decision to stay near the airport my last night in OR due to an early flight. Front desk and bar staff were very polite and helpful. They gave me printed directions to the only gas station within 5 miles of the airport (required by rental co.) and had a free shuttle pick me up after I dropped the car off to bring me backo the hotel. I took the same free shuttle back to the airport the next morning at 4:30. I ate at the bar and listened to acoustic guitar. Very relaxing. Good hummus plate. Quiet, clean room. The only complaint I have about all Aloft hotels is their "conditioning" shampoo. It does not condition or detangle. I know it sounds stupid, but it's pretty standard to get conditioner at hotels these days, so it's annoying that Aloft doesn't give you any. I just keep forgetting that I have bring sone when I stay there which I don't have to worry about at other Starwood hotels.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Spent a night here when I got into town. Was getting in at midnight, and my rental car reservations were in town in the morning. Caught the quick free shuttle to the hotel, they were super nice, cool and hip looking place. room was comfortable and clean. woke up, used gym, got some directions and advice from the front desk, and hopped right on the light rail. booked on starpoints, so really good deal.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I booked an award stay here using Starwood Points. But I must say that I would not stay again for the listed price. The place is clean and trendy. The staff is very friendly. However the building must be built in a way that blocks cell phone signals - at least for Sprint. I got an excellent signal outside on the sidewalk and had to spend hours on the phone in their courtyard - luckily the weather was decent that day. But don't expect to use your smartphone... or any phone... in this hotel. Even the complimentary Wifi was inconsistent in our room, resulting in frequent lost connection. On the other hand, if internet and phone service is not important to you, this may be an ideal place.

Room tip: If you like watching the planes land and take off, ask for a room facing the airport.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Conveniently located near PDX, amazing service and rooms. They even use Bliss NYC toiletries!

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The hotels amenities are unlike any other hotel.They have excellent customer service, retro style,its so nice you will not want to leave the hotel.They offer bikes for rides along the trails! This place has been an experience like no other. Very satisfied with everything that came along with the hotel. 5 stars!

Room tip: not an average hotel room,retro style rooms,flat screen tvs,rain showers,pool tables in lobby,awesome bar,pool ,exercise room, social outdoor room,BICYCLES!!!!!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends