Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
US$222
Paramount Hotel(Portland)
US$203
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$229/night.

Free cancellation until 30/05
US$247
US$195
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

US$299
US$275
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscascade stationbliss productsred robinbuffalo wild wingsw hotelportland airportlight railfree parkingwalk in showerlobby baran early flightindoor poolsliding doormax lineflat screenrental carfitness center
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I spent a night at the aloft Portland Airport earlier this month after coming in on a late night flight. It took a little bit of work to find the parking lot, but once inside, the interior was very nice and trendy.

My first note of the staff wasn't so wonderful: the front desk attendant was incredibly rude to the guest in front of me, who had happened to lock his room key inside his room. I would have been irate had I been that guest! The staff member was nice enough to me, checking me in quickly and giving me a recommendation on where I could eat near the hotel at the late hour that I arrived.

The room: The room was very clean, with a nice and comfortable bed. I was on the 4th floor, and had a wonderful view of Mt. Hood out of the large windows. Even being extremely close to the airport, I barely heard any noise at all! The showers were nice and clean, and it was a wonderful place for a night's sleep after a long flight! My only complaint of the room is that the Wi-Fi was horrible in my room, I could only get signal if I was in the bathroom!

Overall, I felt that the hotel was extremely expensive compared to the other airport hotels I have stayed at and while it is a nice hotel, it was not worth the extra money.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view of Mt. Hood! Also ask what rooms have decent Wi-Fi access if you need it for work.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RogueRafter97
Reviewed 22 July 2014

LIked this hotel, great location with all of the restaurants right there. Good location with a shuttle to the airport. Only issue was the bed was really hard, but that is a personal gripe, The lobby smelled wonderful when you walk in, but they took out the cool elevators.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank lisantrvl
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The minute we checked in we felt like we were at a friends house, the front desk guy was very nice and accommodating. The room was very modern and clean, the one drawback was a lack of hangers and a closet. The bar in the lobby closes a little early but the bartender was extremely nice. Across the street is a mall with a few restaurants. The Max stop is right next to the hotel so heading downtown was very easy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear louseuferer,

Thank you for your great review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed a relaxing and rewarding stay during your recent trip. We hope that you will visit us again soon. Happy travels!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

While I wouldn't be wrong in writing that staying at one Aloft is like staying at another, it would be disingenuous to the friendly staff and competent bartender at the Portland Aloft.

Arriving late on a Friday night, my girlfriend and I spent the night close to the airport instead of heading downtown as we were heading east the next day and needed quick access to a rental car. Located approximately a mile from the airport, the hotel shares a minivan with the nearby Sheraton and Hyatt Place which seems to make it's rounds in about 15 minutes. A quick call to the hotel confirmed the van would be picking up on the second island and after a few minute wait, we had an empty van that brought us directly to the Aloft in about 5 minutes.

Check-in was quick and pleasant, with a free drink and unlimited coffee and tea offered as a Gold Starwood member. The room (top floor, well away from an elevator) was your standard Aloft room, with a comfortable king size bed, large desk area and TV, safe and fridge, as well as your standard bliss amenities. For a room of only about 285 sq. feet, it felt large and fresh and was in immaculate shape. There's little else to comment about the room as it was cookie-cutter with every other Aloft, but for a simple stay it was perfect.

We spent an hour at the XYZ bar, enjoying the warm Portland weather and a complimentary drink. The hotel had a small pool (more for a dip than any swimming) and a small exercise room with four or five treadmills/ellipticals and a couple of small weights. Although the jazz band was packing up as we arrived, it was a nice touch to have live music on a Friday night and the outdoor patio was a comfortable, quiet place to sit. It was convenient to also have a reasonably priced "store" in the hotel for a quick bite to eat or to purchase a misplaced toothbrush.

For those who like to go for a morning run, the area around the hotel offered an approx. two mile loop along empty sidewalks and a nearby field which made for a convenient run outdoors. There was also a large Target nearby (perfect for picking up confiscated TSA items) as well as a couple of fast food restaurants and a Starbucks.

Check out was easy and the ride back to the airport, while longer as it stopped at neighboring hotels, made it clear the Aloft is the best choice compared to the aging Sheraton.

While I typically prefer staying in downtown Portland (the Nines is a fantastic choice, although expensive), for a quick one-night stopover I wouldn't hesitate to pick the Aloft again.

Room Tip: A high-floor gives a slightly better view if you're facing towards the shops at Cascade.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aram K
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel is clearly intended for the young and hip. It pipes Euro-rock music in the lobby and bar, which we found rather annoying. Our room was small, but not bad for the price. Our air conditioner didn't work well, though. Either the room was freezing cold when we turned it on or too hot when we turned it off. It didn't go on and off automatically. The area around the hotel is a shopping center that didn't seem aimed at airport travelers, so there really wasn't anything interesting to do there. There are, however, some reasonably priced restaurants in the shopping center. The hotel is convenient to the airport, which is why we stayed there. The signage is confusing, though. They should put up clearer signs for how to get to the airport from Cascade Station. We did a trial run just to be sure we knew where we were going to take back the rental car.

Room Tip: Be sure your air conditioner works.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family