“Great place to stay if you are flying out early or getting in late”

Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Ranked #44 of 139 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Redding
“Great place to stay if you are flying out early or getting in late”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2009

This area is great! Walking distance to shopping, dining and IKEA. The Max train is nearby allowing easy access to downtown Portland. Priced reasonably with good service. The van pick up to and from the airport is quick. The Aloft is new and very comfortable.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 16 December 2009
Dear DawnRedding,

Aloha! Thanks for taking time to share your experience of our property with others. We sincerely appreciate the great comments and are extremely happy your visit met your expectations.

Aloft is the new tWist in travel among the hotel industry. As you mentioned the Aloft Portland is conveniently located at Cascade Station, a shopping area which includes anchor stores Ikea, Target and Best Buy. We are within walking distance of the MAX Light Rail, Portland's "green transportation" to the airport or downtown.

Our goal is to create an "easy, breezy" experience for the traveller. I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again when your travels bring you to the beautiful city of roses. Should that day come and you need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Aloft Portland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2009

The aloft is my favorite hotel near the Portland airport. Sharlee and Anna at the front desk are friendly and accomodating. The rooms are modern, spacious and comfortable. I love the wxyz lounge and the hotel overall is warm and inviting.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 15 December 2009
Dear Elussery,

Thanks for the kind words regarding your visit to our property. I am so pleased you had such a great experience, especially your interactions with Sharlee and Anna at the Aloha Desk. They are certainly a great representation of the Aloft Aloha Spirit.

I sure hope we will get an opportunity to see you again in the future. Don't forget, Aloft Hotels are "popping up" all over the world, so when you are searching you next destination, be sure to look one up. In the meantime, "live life aloft".

Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

We stayed 2 nights using hotwire and paid 65 or so per night. It's located near the airport but noise was not an issue. It's also right across a large shopping complex so it's convenient. Plenty of parking too.

The room was small, but thoughtfully laid out to maximize space. For instance, the bathroom door was a sliding door. The HD LCD TV is a nice touch and has a portal where you can plug in your computer or mp3 player. It's very modern.

There's a pool table in the lobby and an indoor pool open 24 hours a day. The pool area even had a shower for rinsing off. One nice feature is that if you skip room service all together, you can get a $5 credit for food in the lobby. Great way to save the environment and benefit from it. All in all a great hotel. You can tell someone put a lot of thought and effort into designing this place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ted C
Dear Hambrrrglar,

Aloha from Portland! I wanted to take a moment to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other Tripadvisor users.

I am so pleased your visit to our property was such a great experience. We are really proud of our property and this brand as the new tWist in travel. We are happy it is resonating so well with so many travellers like yourself.

Your mention of the amenities are just some of the things which are having an impact on our guests. We here in Portland are especially proud of our "green" culture, especially the "you tidy, we treat" program. This is the one you alluded to in your review where we incentivize our guest by offering a $5 food credit or SPG points for refusing housekeeping service.

I hope we will see you again in the future. Should you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. In the meantime, don't forget to "live life aloft"!

Cheers,

Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2009

Cheerful, efficient staff made this stay a delight. Gym was great and across hall from swimming pool - perfect. Location for MAX travelers was great.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 3 December 2009
Dear JoWriterOregon,

I appreciate your comments regarding your experience at our property. I'm so pleased your visit was an "easy, breezy" experience with a "cheerful and efficient" staff.

So many things make Aloft unique, our Talent are the core of the uniqueness which is Aloft. I sure hope you will consider us again for a future visit to Portland.

If I may assist you in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience with Tripadvisor.

Philly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

I work with IKEA, within walking distance to the hotel, so it was a natural choice. I have never stayed at an Aloft before, but I was very, very impressed. Very environmentally savvy place, with lots of great amenities, and the staff at xyx (the bar) was good to hang out with. There was a very pleasant girl, Mahsa, at the front desk that was right there (I was there for two weeks, and she greeted me with a big smile and an Aloha every afternoon when I walked in from work) with what I needed. The night manager was a really freindly guy too. Fantastic place for business or pleasure travel.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank SweetnessPhilly
Dear Sweetnessphilly,

Thanks for the great review of the newest tWist in travel known as Aloft! It's so wonderful to hear you loved the concept so much.

Some of the highlights you mention, environmentally savvy, great amenities, our W xyz Bar, and, of course, our "Sassy" Talent are just some of the items which make Aloft Portland unique amongst the Select Service Hotel demographic.

It's especially great to hear Masha providing a warm "Aloha" greeting each day of your visit. I sure hope you will consider our property again for your travels to our unique city and be sure to look for other Aloft Hotels in numerous other cities around the country.

DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2009

Love this concept. the room is super well layed out, with good space to do everything, plugs and lights everywhere, and no nonsense foo foo stuff. This is a business traveller's perfect solution.

Also, they welcomed and took great care of our dog. Thanks Paul at the front desk for explaining how it all works!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dear thelovedog,

Thank you for the great comments regarding Aloft Portland. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.

I am so pleased you found the concept to work so well for you. Your mention of the property as a "business traveller's perfect solution" is exactly what we were targeting when putting this whole unique idea together.

I'm also very pleased your four legged friend found a warm welcome at Aloft. We love our furry friends! It's great Paul explained everything so well and helped make your visit an "easy, breezy" experience.

I hope we will get the opportunity to see you again in the future. If I may assist you in the future, please don't hesitate to notify me directly.

Warm regards,

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2009

I stayed at Aloft simply because its new to the Portland area and some friends told us about it. I loved the friendly service. Anna was very welcoming and always had a smile when my wife and I came downstairs.
The rooms are very clean and I would have to say I was blown away that they have a 42' flat screen in the rooms. It was a Monday night so we sat at the bar and watched the game. I will be staying again and telling all of my friends and family about the Aloft.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this review, 25 November 2009
Dear sbdsports,

We appreciate the comments regarding your visit to Aloft Portland. It is so great to hear Anna (our Aloha Desk Agent) was warm and welcoming to you and your wife during each interaction. We are working hard to create a unique guest experience at Aloft by exposing our guests to a "sassy, savvy space".

I hope we will see the two of you again in the future. Should you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.