“Great place to stay!!!”

Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Ranked #50 of 146 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Comfortable clean and modern.Friendly helpful staff especially Masha at the front desk who helped straighten out my reservations superbly. Good location for my purpose, safe area.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 January 2010

We stayed here before an early-morning flight, and had a great experience. The whole look of the place was different from standard hotels, down to the fun floors in the elevators, but it wasn't so hip that we felt out of place as a family. My tween daughter says "It's chic. It has the style of today." My father stayed here as well, and also enjoyed it. Service very friendly, there are handy snack options before leaving for our early flight, it is very close to the airport , and we had a view of Mount Hood to boot! The lobby also has a pool table, chess board, and other games. There is a Red Robin across the street for dinner, or you can choose from the bar menu in the hotel. A nice amenity: there is a dock for plugging in electronics to the television. We happened to have our iPod to video cable along, so were able to watch one of our downloaded shows on the LCD flat screen TV. We were also able to use the hybrid parking space with our rental car...again, my daughter wanted me to add that.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank azredhead
Reviewed 4 January 2010

Aloft at the Portland, Oregon airport is a unique and refreshing accommodation experience. Paul, the front desk person on the all night shift was outstanding. The facility and the rooms have a relaxed European feel. Travelers are able to be independent if so desired and yet outstanding support is available if needed. The rooms are warm, utilitarian, efficient. Importantly, the beds are very high quality and provide a refreshing night's sleep.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rft49
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2010

Dear rft49,

Thank you for taking some time to share your experience at our property with other travelers. It's important for us to get honest feedback about our product so we can continue to provide a unique, quality establishment consistent with our guest's expectations.

I'm really pleased you found the concept to be a good match to your travel needs. Especially great to hear is that Paul, one of our Moonlight Manager's, took good care of you during your visit. Although our hotel is unique, fun and sassy in every way, it is our Talent (employees) who truly deliver the "vibe" which completes the circle.

Please keep us in mind on any future visit to Portland. We certainly would love to develop a lasting friendship with you over the years. Should you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. In the meantime, should your travels take you anywhere soon, be sure to look for other Aloft Hotels which are popping up all over the place.

Live life Aloft!

Cheers!

Reviewed 1 January 2010

I was treated exceptionally well at check-in and got an awesome room with the view of the shopping area at Cascade station. The staff try very hard to be friendly and welcoming. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the shower is great! One of the nights I stayed there was live jazz music in the lobby so that made my stay even more enjoyable. I love the breakfast sandwhiches and the espresso/cocoa machine makes the best of any hot beverage!! There's a work out area thats really nice and a nice size pool, but folks usually just hang in the lobby area where they can shoot pool or relax by the bar. I love the scene and the area, its a really great place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Dear Constantraveler11,

Aloha from Portland! Thanks for sharing your experience with other tripadvisor users. We really appreciate your feedback and comments.

It is so great to know you thoroughly enjoyed Aloft Portland so much. Our property is definitely unique to the market. Some of the items you mentioned, live jazz music in our lounge, a "hip" bar called W xyz, a pool table, and on Tuesday nights an interactive trivia night complete with a Trivia Jockey.

Not to mention, our location at Cascade Station, a shopping area right across the street, isn't bad either.

I hope we will get an opportunity to see you again in the future. We really appreciate your business and since you liked your experience in Portland, be sure to check out other Aloft properties which are popping up often in new cities everywhere.

Reviewed 28 December 2009

I stay at this hotel frequently for business travel. It is quiet and the staff is freindly. They recognize return guests and make them feel welcome. Masha is always very helpful.

This hotel is located close to the Portland Airport, provides a park and fly package and shuttle to and fromt he airport.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
ALOFPAGM, Assistant General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2010

Dear B-HAY,

Aloha! Thanks for being a loyal guest to our property and for taking the time to share your experiences at our property with other travelers.

I love hearing our Aloha Desk Team makes you feel so welcome. That is certainly our biggest goal at the desk and recognizing our return/loyal guests is a big component of the experience.

As you know, we are working hard to create a new, unique experience for the traveler. At the core of this experience is an "easy, breezy" philosophy which makes a stay at Aloft Portland, fun, exciting, different and gives the guest a little more control. It seems from your comments the concept resonates well with you.

I hope you and I will get an opportunity to meet sometime on one of your visits. I really like to meet and get to know our guests, in particular, our most loyal ones. Should you decide to say hello, just let the desk know and they will give me a ring.

See you soon!

Reviewed 24 December 2009

I had an early morning flight out of Portland during the busy holiday season. I decided to start my vacation a little early and check into the pdx aloft the night before. Great room... great time... very convenient. The service in particular was friendly and personal. The guest services person, Masha, made me feel like I was staying at a B&B. Highly recommend the Aloft Portland.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Dear Jackjoleson,

Aloha from Portland! Thanks for the great comments regarding our property. It's so great to hear your experience exceeded your expectations. In particular, the service!

Masha, one of our several great "sassy, savvy" Aloha Desk Agents does a fantastic job. I will definitely pass along your comments to her. We pride ourselves on delivering a unique service experience. One that is driven by an "easy, breezy" philosophy in an effort to make the travel experience simple.

I hope we will see you again in the future. Aloft Portland is one of 30+ Aloft's now open around the World. Be sure to check others out when traveling to another city. Most importantly, we hope we will gain your loyalty here as the years progress.

Reviewed 23 December 2009

Thanks to Paul for his warm and friendly service. Most helpful.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Hubtravel,

Great to hear your experience at our property exceeded your expectations! In particular, your interactions with one of our "savvy" Moonlight Manager's, Paul. He certainly represents our core values well!

I hope we will get an opportunity to see you again in the future when your travels bring you to the beautiful "City of Roses". Should you need any assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. In addition, keep in mind, since you enjoyed your experience at Aloft Portland, Aloft Hotels are popping up all over the place. Be sure to look for one wherever your travels may take you.

Regards,