“Masha's energy compliments the "Vibe" of Aloft”

Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station
Ranked #46 of 144 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 19 January 2010

Upon entrance to the Aloft Hotel, I knew I had made the right choice. I am a frequently traveling as a clinical specialist and have stayed @ many comfortable hotels. But...when making the most recent reservation, I wanted a little something different. A different, funner, yet relaxed or "chill" environment. Perhaps even a younger feel.

Upon entering, the smile and the greeting and the personality of Masha helped confirm my choice. She was quite helpful with any and all of my questions and was quick with a joke and laugh. Many kudos to you all and this Gem you have working for you.

Cheers!

-Paul Hanson, RN, BSN, CDE-
Clinical Specialist
Roche Insulin Delivery Systems

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 January 2010

We had an overnight layover in Portland and used our SPG points to stay at Aloft. We would be more than happy to pay the rack rate next time we're in Portland. The hotel is literally steps away from the Max, shopping, and dining options. It's clean and trendy and super modern. We were greeted very warmly by the Aloha Desk and Katy was very very helpful with our questions. Our complimentary daily beverage was a welcome respite when we came in from the cold. The rooms are super efficient and very comfortable. We were really tickled by the Wake Up Call from the TV and thought it was just a great way to wake up. This was the last night of our trip and we couldn't have chosen a better place to end our 10 nights away from home.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2010

As I landed, I called the hotel for a shuttle. Nor too remarkable - except it arrived within a few minutes. As I waled into the lobby - I was stunned at the layout and the importance of the 'Aloha Desk'. Masha (the woman working the Aloha Desk) recognized that I had just come in on the Shuttle and greeted me by name. She had my room all ready. That was the start of the most spectacular service for an 'airport hotel' that I've seen.

I'm Starwood Platinum - stay around 200 nights / year - but this was my first time at an Aloft propoerty. It was incredible. I couldn't believe the free lattes, the fabulous 24 hour snack bar, the pool, the exercise area - and the rooms. Nice TVs, plenty of convenience and product. Comfortable bed....

But it was that initial point of contact - where the entire brand of the chain was on Masha's shoulders that she instilled an immediate brand loyalty. She continued to build that throughout the evening, and the next day remembering my name, room number and preferences. It was "St. Regis" style service a an 'Aloft' hotel.

Well done Starwood and W!

Stay here - you'll love it!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank deanshold
Reviewed 16 January 2010

Paul, at the front desk today, very politely asked that I write to express my satisfaction with your hotel and services. I love their fitness facilities and the design of the room. The electronic capabilities are appreciated--as is the old-fashioned alarm clock!
All the employees are friendly and helpful--a very good thing. I'll be back!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
ALOFTGM, General Manager at Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2010

Aloha pjTripAdvisor!

I'm very pleased to read that Paul provided you with an A+ experience!

In addition, thank you for noticing that we strive to support our environment! We have recently been recognized by Pacific Power our local power company for our participation in the "Blue Sky" program where we purchase a portion of our power from renewable sources such as wind energy. By participating in this program we will have offset 78.22 tons of carbon dioxide emissions providing an annual environmental benefit equivalent to not driving a car nearly 158,640 miles.

It's guests like you that support our hotel that allow us in return to support our environment. I know you have choices and thank you for choosing Aloft!

Stay tuned for more great GREEN news in the future!

Best regards,

David

Reviewed 15 January 2010

We traveled to Portland with our 3 kids (6, 4, 1) and decided to get two adjoining rooms the night before we departed early out of PDX for our trip home. The Aloft is in a great location if you need to be near the airport, or closer to points east (Mt. Hood in our case) than going downtown. Hip and trendy with lots of flatscreens, artwork, but totally kid friendly with a small pool, great lobby furniture and games, very functional guest rooms and excellent staff. Clearly Aloft has a well thought-through system they are following at all their locations, and it really works. Personal approach, staff that greets you by your name -- just a lot of fun.

When our kids woke at 5:00 a.m. due to being on eastern time, Paul greeted us at the front desk, helped me get a needed cup of coffee, toasted a bagel for the kids, and told us about Portland as we ate the breakfast table in the lobby.

Smart a la carte food offerings, great coffee machine, and cold drinks in the lobby are a great attribute for families who are up at odd hours.

When you reserve your room, ask for the Camp Aloft feature for a nice surprise in your room for the kids.

Anna was especially helpful in getting our adjoining rooms set up, and getting coloring books for the kids.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jadaphil
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Comfortable clean and modern.Friendly helpful staff especially Masha at the front desk who helped straighten out my reservations superbly. Good location for my purpose, safe area.

Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2010

We stayed here before an early-morning flight, and had a great experience. The whole look of the place was different from standard hotels, down to the fun floors in the elevators, but it wasn't so hip that we felt out of place as a family. My tween daughter says "It's chic. It has the style of today." My father stayed here as well, and also enjoyed it. Service very friendly, there are handy snack options before leaving for our early flight, it is very close to the airport , and we had a view of Mount Hood to boot! The lobby also has a pool table, chess board, and other games. There is a Red Robin across the street for dinner, or you can choose from the bar menu in the hotel. A nice amenity: there is a dock for plugging in electronics to the television. We happened to have our iPod to video cable along, so were able to watch one of our downloaded shows on the LCD flat screen TV. We were also able to use the hybrid parking space with our rental car...again, my daughter wanted me to add that.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family