“Better than France”

Petite Provence
Ranked #39 of 4,250 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: French, American, Cafe, European
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charleston, South Carolina
“Better than France”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

On a rainy morning in Portland this is a great place to nestle into. Lived in France and loved the food so was pleased to find this place. Don't know how French my breakfast was, but it was awesome!!...poached eggs on polenta cakes with a roasted tomato sauce. There were lots of great choices and had a hard time making up my mind. All four of us were very pleased with our meals and the pastries were wonderful and again impossible to decide on just one!!

• Visited September 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Even the perfect can goof”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

On a rainy afternoon, nothing sounds better than a late lunch with a bowl of exceptional Onion Soup with French bread for dipping. The tuna sandwich was great with fresh fruit. We followed our pleasant lunch with two sweet treats, one was a chocolate with delicate lemon flavor and I chose an old favorite, a cream puff swan. Oops, I quickly found the swan pastry puff was not as fresh as I expected. It might have been a cream puff thawed with great whipped cream added before it was put in the pastry case, but it was more like a bread than a puff when I ate it.. If you have one, and you will love it, ask if it has been made that day, and avoid getting one that has been thawed.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank JanieandWes
New Haven, Connecticut
“Always good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have eaten at Petite Provence a few times when we visit our daughter in Portland and the food has always been good and the service excellent. Their pastries are superb and worth bringing home.

Portland, Oregon
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We ate lunch here on a Saturday, which was our first experience at this bistro. We had a very short wait of 10-15 min and got a table outside. It was a lovely summer day, so we enjoyed watching the pedestrian traffic of this artsy area. This is a very popular section of town (especially on the weekend), so parking can be a challenge. Once seated, we placed our drink and lunch orders. We were served promptly considering how busy they were. I ordered the Chipotle Chicken Sandwich (caramelized onions, tomato, lettuce, pepperjack cheese and chipotle aioli on grilled French bread), and it was delicious. It came with a side, and I selected the potato salad. My husband ordered the Monte Carlo sandwich with a green salad side. The sandwiches were very large and neither of us could eat the second half. We were impressed with the service and the quality of food. We hope to visit again for breakfast since that is our favorite meal when eating out.

• Visited August 2013
“Only Wish The Risotto Cakes Were Hotter. But So Good I Dont Want To Ding them”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Really Exceptional In Almost Every way. Came Back For Dessert This afternoon. I Have Never Had A Dessert With Such Complexity Of Flavors... Lemon Graffiti. Amazing And Beautiful...I Am On Vacation After All!