“superb dining”

Ranked #34 of 4,587 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 October 2013

we returned here with 2 friends, and began with a session lager, an ameretto sour, and 2 shared a bordeaux from france. next we shared escargot, a cheese plate, steelhead, roughy dish, tuna nicoise, quinoa with asparagus....all were delicious...our friends had french onion soup, veggie white bean soup, cornish game hen, beef medallions, and beet salad....they loved their dishes...for dessert, they had chocolate trio, and a monkey love....another dessert was ordered, don't recall which one....excellent staff, efficient, and friendly....

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Excellent waitress (also the barista) and excellent food!!!
We came in for brunch. Both dishes were fabulous! My sister got the Rissoto Cakes and Eggs and I got the Eggs Provencal. Add a side of avocado for both and wow! Plus, my mocha was delicious and my sister said her latte was the best she's ever had- better than starbucks!

Reviewed 2 October 2013

On a rainy morning in Portland this is a great place to nestle into. Lived in France and loved the food so was pleased to find this place. Don't know how French my breakfast was, but it was awesome!!...poached eggs on polenta cakes with a roasted tomato sauce. There were lots of great choices and had a hard time making up my mind. All four of us were very pleased with our meals and the pastries were wonderful and again impossible to decide on just one!!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

On a rainy afternoon, nothing sounds better than a late lunch with a bowl of exceptional Onion Soup with French bread for dipping. The tuna sandwich was great with fresh fruit. We followed our pleasant lunch with two sweet treats, one was a chocolate with delicate lemon flavor and I chose an old favorite, a cream puff swan. Oops, I quickly found the swan pastry puff was not as fresh as I expected. It might have been a cream puff thawed with great whipped cream added before it was put in the pastry case, but it was more like a bread than a puff when I ate it.. If you have one, and you will love it, ask if it has been made that day, and avoid getting one that has been thawed.

1  Thank JanieandWes
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have eaten at Petite Provence a few times when we visit our daughter in Portland and the food has always been good and the service excellent. Their pastries are superb and worth bringing home.