“Awful.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Portland
Ranked #116 of 140 Hotels in Portland
“Awful.”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Me and a few family members were driving through Portland and came to a point where we had to stop and rest for the night. While stopped to eat I looked for a hotel in the area and found that this was just down the street, it had good reviews and was in our price range. Well, the first thing that caught my eye was the flashing strip club sign right next to it... EW?
Then we get in the room and I pull back my covers and I find HAIR EVERYWHERE. AAAAND, there was lipstick and eyeliner all over my pillow.
What the actual F-word?
So I go up front to get new sheets, and the lady was smoking right there at the front desk.
I brought the sheets and showed her the mess, so she leads me to the laundry room and I see all these folded sheets that look ready to go out.
She had to look at everyone of those sheets, and take one from the very bottom of the stack to get me a clean one. It was one of the nastiest hotels EVER!
DO NOT GO!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank merperable

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Not all the bells and whistles, but our wallets can't afford those anyway. WiFi, clean, comfortable beds. Only snafu was they got info from price line for a non smoking, when I booked a smoking. They upgraded us to a king smoking, very pleased with room. Fridge, micro, lots of channels, heater worked well, shampoo and soap to use. Quiet...a gentlemen's club next door but in a very upscale part of Portland

• Stayed April 2013
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I visit Portland quite often for business and always stay at the Rodeway Inn. Not only is it conveniently located just 10 minutes from downtown and cedar hills shopping center but the staff is so friendly and welcoming. Every room i have been in is always really nice and very clean. Its also located in a nice quiet residential area. Very reasonable and affordable prices. you wont be disappointed staying at the Rodeway Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 8 March 2013

(Even using my Employee Discount, it still wasn't worth the stay)

When I checked in, The lobby was clean and the Front Desk lady was nice. I got my keys and went up to my room.

When I opened the door, it looked awful. There were 2 microwaves which neither worked. When I moved them to see if it was just the plug and not the machine, the top of the fridge was covered in crumbs and dust and prunes(or raisins or atleast I hope thats what it was). The carpet was being held down by one of the chairs in the room. Half of the wall lights didnt come on. The remote didnt work, but when i looked at the batteries, the male side of the battery was pushed in and wouldn't connect. It just looked like an out of order room to be honest.

I called down and complained about the microwaves and a guy came up 15 minutes later to tell me that there is supposed to be a power strip to run all of the appliances. He went to go get one and while waiting, I noticed one major thing that made me feel like I couldn't be safe in the room.... The metal latch that keeps the door from being opened was busted off(I uploaded a picture I took of it) and the frame looked like it had been kicked in a few times.

I immediately went down to the front desk and as soon as I showed her the picture on my phone, the only thing she could say was "I'll just switch you rooms", no I'm sorry, no nothing.

The other room looked alot better besides some of the wall lights not working and the remote not working. One of the chairs had alot of white stains on it which was really disgusting. We didn't care anymore, as long as the microwave worked and garbage wasn't everywhere, we just flipped the chair around so we didn't have to see it.

Saturday night I was woken up by the fact that it was like 40 degrees in the room. And what do you know, the heater didn't work. I had to sleep with my hoodie and jacket, plus 2 pairs of pants and my boots.

I know I shouldn't talk much because I was there on an employee discount but most of those things were safety issues and no one should ever have to deal with it. I really hope they fixed that first room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tyler G

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Beaverton, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet, wallet friendly and free breakfast. Very nice place to stay right off the highway and not too far from the down town area. I would recomment this hotel, its very affordable and nice.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
The Dalles
Reviewed 22 January 2013

Room was smelly, dirty, and in disrepair. Found old sunflower seed in my sheet, disgustingly dirty mattress, room smelled so awful like dog even after airing out, definitely used to be a smoking room as walls were yellow and cigarette residue was in bathroom. No smoke alarm at all!! Requested a refund and customer service was horrible and said no without a care to even discuss any problem or move me to a new room. I left and stayed at a Hilton instead which was nice and clean!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!