“A great time, great staff, great service”
Review of H5O bistro & bar - CLOSED

H5O bistro & bar
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Naito Parkway
Transit: Max Light Rail is easily accessible...within steps of Hotel Fifty's entrance.
Description: H5O bistro & bar is Hotel Fifty's restaurant that delivers all-day dining, featuring fresh, expertly-presented contemporary, urban food and beverages…in small plate or traditional portion sizes. Seasonal sidewalk seating is available. A favorite among downtown Portland restaurants, this is a venue where diners may enjoy either a romantic evening or a quick bite on the way to another destination during any day part.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I had one of the best Old Fashioned cocktails I have ever had here. The appetizer we ordered was the steamed shellfish and it was outstanding. Wine+butter broth - oh, delicious. AND we got the dates stuffed with chorizo, wrapped in bacon. OK, what could go wrong with that? NOTHING! And it was delicious.

My wife's lamb patty was the disappointment of the evening: kind of grisly.

I got the salmon and they got it right.

If not for the lamb patty, this would have been 5 stars.

Wait staff was amazing, friendly and helpful. We asked for advice about what to do in Portland the next day: Hike in the Washington park and enjoy the Rose Garden. Right On!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I first discovered this restaurant using a Groupon deal. We went there for happy hour and ordered the truffle fries and a cheese plate with Humboldt Fog, a favorite of mine! We returned a few months later for our anniversary dinner and were still impressed. We were greeted with an amuse bouche (light bite) that had meat in it and when we told the waiter, he immdediately brought us another that was vegetarian. I ordered the bouillabaisse and my partner ordered the scallops. Both were beautifully plated, came out as ordered, and satifsying. I always come here on special occassions because the staff make you feel as if you are special and the decor is very classy and modern. The dinner tables look out to the waterfront and there is a fireplace area where you feel a little bit of Vegas while enjoying a drink. Overall, this is one of the best in downtown Portland. They also have a hotel where you can stay and parking is free if you are just eating as well.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Because the hotel is going through renovations, the menu selection was limited but it had a variety of different items....

Specifically the Deviled Eggs w Crispy Chicken Skin.... It was good and very satisfying.... Its been a long a time since I last had deviled eggs so it was a treat....

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice truffle oil fries. Good happy hour prices. Can't wait to see the new bistro. Gorgeous fire place. I hope that stays.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Small modern bistro style food. Restaurant was under construction so it was difficult to tell what the final decor will look like. Food was good and service was friendly and efficient.