“Home away from home in Portland”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Everett Street Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 34 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I used to live in Portland and was planning to be in town for five nights, for a research trip. Staying in a hotel in my old hometown just felt too weird -- and expensive -- so this B&B seemed like an affordable happy medium, particularly since I could elect to stay in a room with a shared bathroom (with one other room that was only occupied one of the nights I was there, so it was essentially like having my own bathroom). The house and rooms were comfortable and tastefully decorated ("No frilly curtains, no teddy bears, no potpourri," the website promises), the breakfasts delicious, and the innkeeper Terry very nice and accommodating. I wouldn't have minded sharing the bathroom for my entire stay, since it usually works out that different guests keep different schedules. And the location / neighborhood is great, quiet but centrally located.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AC_in_DC2014
There are newer reviews for Everett Street Guesthouse

Reviewed 24 April 2014

While visiting our son in Portland, we stayed in the cottage 5 nights, returning later in the week to stay 2 nights in the inn. We arrived very late at night from the east coast and were pleased to find some light breakfast foods and GREAT coffee awaiting us when we woke up the first morning. We loved the quiet, non-frilly, tasteful, surroundings. Because of our schedule, we only had one full breakfast in the inn, which was tailored to our needs and wishes. Terry was most accommodating and friendly in all ways. The cottage offers more privacy and some flexibility with meals. We also took advantage of the laundry facilities in the cottage before we left. The art work throughout the inn makes you feel a little like being in a small gallery. Prices were very reasonable. We will return, with pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorry K
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thanks, and glad you were able to experience both places and I was able to have you for breakfast at least once. Hope you'll be able to return another time.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We My husband and I traveled to Portland for our honeymoon, but also to check out the city for a possible re-location and just fell in love. We found this guesthouse searching for a more local stay in Portland than the traditional hotel accommodations. We saw fantastic reviews and experienced just that. We stayed one night in the guest house and found it to be clean and stocked with anything and everything you would need with the comfort of home versus a hotel. Then, we spend six nights in the cottage and found we didn't want to leave! Perfect for a couple to get away, be in a quaint and quiet neighborhood, and have the privacy of your own home.

Terry goes above and beyond to make everyone's stay comfortable. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Candace R
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

So glad you enjoyed the place, neighborhood and Portland....welcome to one of the best places to live and best of luck on your move here.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This place is perfect if you're looking to stay in the NE quarter of Portland. Terry was an incredible host. She even gave my wife and I a ride to a brewery during the Zwicklemania brew tour event when our cab didn't arrive. The cottage was comfortable, clean and relaxing. Would recommend Everett Street Guesthouse to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My fiancé and I were traveling to Portland for a quick getaway/looking at the city as a possible place to live. We stayed in the cottage and could not have been happier. The owner, Terry, already had some breakfast staples stocked in the refrigerator with tea and coffee on hand as well. She was also more than happy to give us suggestions about where to go and what to do with our limited time. The cottage is nice for a couple because it's private and quiet. There is plenty within walking distance or the bus stop is only a couple of blocks away. Should we need a place to stay again, this place will be on the top of our list.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa P
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was in Portland to attend a very hectic conference and it was wonderful to have this quiet place to return to. I stayed in the cottage which was well stocked with everything I needed. There's a really pretty deck but unfortunately it was raining during my stay so I couldn't take advantage!

• Stayed: March 2014
terry r, Owner at Everett Street Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Thanks so much, and hope you can return to see more of Portland next time.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed in the cottage; was fantastic. Well-decorated, well-appointed, clean, quiet, centrally-located, and with an adorable little garden area to eat breakfast in every morning. Loved it, and hope to stay again on our next trip to the city.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple