“Convenient and inexpensive”

Ranked #87 of 140 Hotels in Portland
Bellevue, Washington
“Convenient and inexpensive”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Clean, comfortable, inexpensive. Selection of smoking and non-smoking rooms. Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Michael S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Albany, Oregon
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This hotel came to my rescue. My husband had to stay at the VA hospital overnight and I needed a place to stay. I have stayed at a couple other motels near the hospital and was very disappointed so I was dreading finding a decent place to spend the night. We just drove around and found this place and read the reviews here so I decided to check it out. Well not only was the hotel very clean and updated but offer a discount for families of patients at the nearby hospitals. The minute I walked in I was greeted by a very nice gentlemen who was so very helpful and nice as could be. The rate is very reasonable for what you get, a very comfortable room, comfy bed and the traffic noise is very minimal considering there are busy roads on both sides but I can tell you this place a lot quieter then the other hotels I have stayed at in the area. They offer a very nice breakfast and discounts at a restaurant right next door, so very convenient. I know where I will be staying next time I need a place near the VA hospital or OHSU.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank chrissy888
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Very friendly staff that greeted us when we walked in and was helpful throughout our stay. Good full continental breakfast. Good location to I-5 and downtown Portland. Clean and updated rooms. Amazing pillowtop beds. One of the best beds I have slept on for an inexpensive hotel. The down side is that the room doors slam and make a lot of noise and it is on a major road so it is a little noisy. But the friendliness of staff and value make it worth it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank WanderingSasquatch
Whitefish
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Hotel is located close to Barbur Blvd which makes it convenient for getting to OHSU. The room smelled like a hospital room. The view was of the back of the pizza place next door. I found it interesting that we were in a non-smoking room, yet there was cigarette burns through both the comforter and blanket.
The beds were very comfortable. The TV left lots to be desired. I liked how the sink was not in the bathroom with the toilet and shower.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank backwardsraft
Wenatchee
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Perfect place for people on a budget. Neat , clean , fresh chocolate chip cookies every evening, great location, was
completely renovated a few years ago, and very inexpensive.
Great rooms and friendly staff.Only a mile away from the Sylvania
Campus of Portland Community College. Several Restaurants are located within a block of the motel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank janray14
St Louis MO
Reviewed 24 March 2011

We stayed 6 nights recently... visiting grandkids. We love this place & it's location... & it's management.

It is just off I-5 South... has a McDonalds & Starbucks & Pizza joint right next door. And if you show your room key, you get 10% off at the Pizza place.

The first night (room towards the McDonalds) we heard the trash truck emptying the big bins. Not sure if this was nightly or weekly, we asked to be moved. The manager was tripping over himself to help... offering another room w/ key, but "keep your current room key til you're finished moving your stuff". Kept asking if all was ok.

Breakfast is sparse, but I expect that in an economy hotel... though I did partake of the bagels & cream cheese... and was tempted by the waffle making machine.

Will we stay there again? You bet. And if you have to go somewhere, early in the morning... grab that Starbucks & jump on I-5 before 7:15am... cause the traffic doesn't seem to ramp up til 7:45am. Easy jump to the airport.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhotoPhritz
Gold Beach Oregon
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I started staying in this hotel from 1996---it was wonderful--it has gone down hill fast in the last couple of years----the staff is was great but now the rooms smelll and are dirty---in January of this year I stayed in room 2--something the bathroom had long black hair and dirt in the bathtub----as I had traveled over 300 miles it was too late to check out when I notice it so cleaned the bathroom myself---good VALUE i DON'T THINK SO won't be staying there again staying in my car would be an improvement I don't believe the T V it is a very small and most of the stations don't come in so don't expect to be albe to have intertainment there jeegee97@yahoo.com

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank jeegee97

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Aladdin Inn and Suites
Ramada Portland
Ramada Portland
#66 of 140 in Portland
Chestnut Tree Inn Portland Mall 205

Been to Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!