“A great room at a great price, friendly staff and free breakfast means a great deal!”
Review of Hospitality Inn

Hospitality Inn
Ranked #92 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Based on other Trip Advisor reviews, I chose this hotel for a one-night stay near the end of a long road trip (12 nights), and I'm very glad I did, especially given how crappy the other motels nearby were for hardly any less money.

This is a three-story hotel right off the highway, but it wasn't noisy at all. I asked for a room right over where I was parked given that my entire life's property was in my car (literally; I was moving with all I owned in my car), and was given a really nice room directly overlooking the car on the third floor. The desk personnel was really nice, very professional and friendly, and gave me a good recommendation for some Indian food (he was from India) right up the road, which I enjoyed immensely. He gave me all the hotel's info, directed me to where things were and was just a pleasant person all around. Nice smile, too!

The room was huge, with a king size bed, couch and coffeetable, TV, fridge, microwave, plenty of space for two or even three people (I'm assuming that couch folded out). The bathroom and the room were spotless, even if someone in housekeeping apparently didn't really look at the hangers since some previous guest's piece of clothing was hanging on it! I didn't mind; nobody's perfect. The room was great. Temperature was comfy and everything was in very good condition. The bed was so comfy and the pillows were wonderful. I'd stayed in a few places this trip that had pillows that felt as old as me (55)!

Breakfast was provided in the lounge and was cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, fruit, cook your own waffles, coffee, juice, etc. Perfect for me. Only thing I wished they'd had was real maple syrup for my waffle!

It was quiet, clean, affordable, and friendly. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it to you!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank julienicolay

Reviewed 2 September 2012

The hotel was located near the I-5 but far enough away so that no highway noise was heard in the hotel. The king bed room was spacious with a couch, microwave, and refrigerator. The neighborhood was residential and looked safe and nice. The local public library is less than a 5 minutes walk from the hotel and where I used the Internet as I did not bring my laptop and there was no computer for customer use at the hotel. There is an international food supermarket a 3 minute walk from the hotel. The reason for my overall 4 rating and not 5 is that the chair by the desk had a torn seat and there was a very visible stain on the carpet when I entered the room. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Reserve the room at their online website. It is cheaper than calling and reserving the room directl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Professor18
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The staff was nice, the rooms were clean and well maintained. The breakfast had waffles, bagels, fruits, cereal.. you name it they pretty much have it.. Best value and surprisingly great rooms for the price. will definitely stay here again if i ever pass through Portland.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yen N
Reviewed 29 July 2012

The Hotel itself kind of smelled weird but our room didn't. Our room was clean and the bed was pretty comfy, the fridge was quiet and worked great. The room was big and the Air conditioning worked. We thought the Hotel was in an odd location but worked perfect for us. The Breakfast was amazing and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SydneyLorae
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Clean, comfortable, inexpensive. Selection of smoking and non-smoking rooms. Good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 8 December 2011

This hotel came to my rescue. My husband had to stay at the VA hospital overnight and I needed a place to stay. I have stayed at a couple other motels near the hospital and was very disappointed so I was dreading finding a decent place to spend the night. We just drove around and found this place and read the reviews here so I decided to check it out. Well not only was the hotel very clean and updated but offer a discount for families of patients at the nearby hospitals. The minute I walked in I was greeted by a very nice gentlemen who was so very helpful and nice as could be. The rate is very reasonable for what you get, a very comfortable room, comfy bed and the traffic noise is very minimal considering there are busy roads on both sides but I can tell you this place a lot quieter then the other hotels I have stayed at in the area. They offer a very nice breakfast and discounts at a restaurant right next door, so very convenient. I know where I will be staying next time I need a place near the VA hospital or OHSU.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank chrissy888
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Very friendly staff that greeted us when we walked in and was helpful throughout our stay. Good full continental breakfast. Good location to I-5 and downtown Portland. Clean and updated rooms. Amazing pillowtop beds. One of the best beds I have slept on for an inexpensive hotel. The down side is that the room doors slam and make a lot of noise and it is on a major road so it is a little noisy. But the friendliness of staff and value make it worth it!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank WanderingSasquatch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portland
Aladdin Inn and Suites
Days Inn Portland Central
Days Inn Portland Central
#103 of 144 in Portland
Econo Lodge at Port of Portland

Been to Hospitality Inn? Share your experiences!