“Location, clean, simple”
Review of Hospitality Inn

Hospitality Inn
Ranked #90 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

12 min drive Sth of downtown Portland; easy access from 1-5. Simple, clean, very good King bed, friendly front desk,
Tip: try to get room not facing Capitol Hwy and away from vending machines.
Quiet. Simple complimentary breakfast (waffles, cereal, etc unfortunately no hb eggs). Great value.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank GuinnessGuy

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is a good clean hotel. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful. Nice amenities like breakfast and a spa room. Some nice nearby restaurants. Not a fancy place, just good rooms at a fair price.

Room Tip: Try to get a room not facing Capitol Highway. Busy during the early evening. Fine after 10:00PM
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank stephen h
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at this centrally located older motel for two nights over a busy weekend. The price was fair, the room was quiet, spacious and clean and the furniture, although slightly dated, was in great shape. The site was just a tight turn off the I5. Our king bed was comfy and the room was surprisingly quiet despite being so close to busy streets. The breakfast was a bit heavy on the carbs but adequate. Staff was attentive and the place appears to be well managed. Downtown was minutes away by car along Barbur Bivd
Definitely a recommend!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I found this place a significant upgrade from the Days Inn in Corvallis, OR where I stayed a few weeks ago. When I walked into this place, I could definitely smell cleaning products. Same with my room, but I simply opened the window for awhile and it was fine. The bed was extremely comfortable, but I was glad another reviewer suggested bringing one's own pillow as the 4 that were on the bed were foam. Probably ok, but not my kind of pillow.

The young man at the front desk was extremely helpful and polite.

I used the jacuzzi and it and the spa room were very clean and worked well.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow unless you like basic foam pillows.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jude F
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Arrived with friendly welcoming greeting from front desk. Straight to room prior to check in time, no issues. Stayed overnight with very comfortable clean room. Highly recommend. Terrific breakfast as far as with breakfast accommodation goes. Really good value just out of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cookster56
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We got this place on such short notice, and were pleasantly surprised. Everything from the bed to the breakfast, exceeded our expectations. The young man at the desk was very helpful with directions and where to go downtown and even made us cookies! We definitely will return when we come back to Portland. I was waiting for my wife and kids with some friends in the lobby when some young guests came in and started yelling and cussing at him; because he had told one of them that he was going to charge them for smoking marijuana in their room. He kept asking them to lower their voices and to stop cursing because there were other guests with children also in the lobby. He was very professional, from my perspective, handling the situation the best he could without raising his voice or cursing back, even though they began insulting him on a personal level. Me and my friends decided to stay in the lobby just to make sure that no confrontation would happen because I think the boy or the girl said they wanted to punch him. The police eventually came, so that's where we went about our day.

All in all, no matter what service good or bad, NO ONE should have to go through what he went through that day. That is why with this review, I hope to clarify things and not tarnish the hotel's name due to fabrications. Do not get mad at him for doing his job, I stand behind him 100% because from what I heard him explain to them seemed like typical protocol; without any confrontational behavior on his part. He is definitely someone I would hire, and thats why we will come back and stay again as well as recommend the Hospitality Inn to other friends and family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Donovan M
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The rooms are fine. It was worth the money up until we went to check out. We stayed in a nonsmoking room because no one smoked, obviously. Their policy states that anyone who is caught smoking marijuana will be immediately vacated and charged $200. No one smokes like I said. And the person working the front desk said that he went into our room while we were out and found marijuana and charged us the $200. So not only did he not show us what he found but he also didn't vacate us like their policy states would happen if we were. We were called liars, that we were pathetic and he put his water bottle in my friends face yelling at her saying she looked like she was on drugs anyway. He got so confrontational the police had to be called. I have never in my life been treated so horribly at a place I was spending money. I would not recommend anyone staying there unless you want to help them make ends meet by charging you and accusing you for something very wrong.

• Stayed: May 2014