“Could use a makeover”

Courtyard Portland Airport
Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Not a train wreck but my suite was circa 1990 wallpaper pealing from bathroom shower area and just the look of a tired courtyard with the deception of the redone lobby. Hallways have that familiar green carpet (think 1980 Courtyard) with depressing brown doors Check in only so so and they forgot to tell me that shuttle was by appointment only and I had to take a cab to airport even though I arrived downstairs before the top of the hour at 5am and the sign at check in says shuttle runs every 30 minutes. Restaurant service as excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MONYLINE
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2012

I am excited to share with you that we will begin guestroom renovations later this year. With the dramatic change in Courtyard's appearance over the past few years our 2007 renovation is now outdated. I am looking forward to the refreshing updates coming soon. I apologize that our shuttle service was not clearly communicated to you upon check-in. I will take the opportunity to use your experience as a training tool for our desk associates. I want to insure we are providing you with all of the important information needed upon your arrival. Thank you for choosing Courtyard and for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We checked in for a one night stay for easy access to the airport. The access might have been a bit too easy, as we were directly on the landing flight path---which proved noisy until late evening--when the flights stopped.

The room was nicely sized, but with a wall mounted air-conditioning unit which was noisy. The bathroom was good with separation of the toilet and the small sink. There was a mirror outside of the bathroom which aided my wife with her make-up chores. The room needs more wall sockets, but was equipped with a hide-a-bed---if you had more people sharing the room.

This is one of the new styled Courtyard's that offers cocktails and bar food in the lobby w/o having the travel outside the hotel---much appreciated. The hotel was only 17 minutes from downtown and had great access to rental car return, along with a nice shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SouthBay_Traveler
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I had stayed at a a non-Marriott hotel on another part of this trip. I got to my room and immediately noticed the high-quality comfortable bed. This is a big reason I choose Marriott.

The hotel is very close to the airport--very close and an easy straight shot for departures or rental return.

I didn't have time to visit the lobby but there were quite few people hanging out and it was pleasant. Easy to print my boarding pass too.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Typical Courtyard so not much to report about rooms or facility in general. The pick up service at the airport was very efficient. Check in smooth with request for late check-out willingly accomodated. Overall the staff is very friendly and willing to help.

I wish Courtyard would change the room heaters/air conditioners that cycle on/off all night

Room Tip: Request room in front side of building for less airplane noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nongagkram
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

We love Marriott hotels and were very surprised to find that this one was very dated and in need of major renovations. The service, as always, was very good and the room was comfortable but the quality of the hotel did not meet their normally high standards in my opinion. The location was very convenient to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Wyomingkings
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2012

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Portland. We will be undergoing a major renovation in the near future. We are in the planning phase now and I am excited to see us reach completion. Thank you for sharing your input regarding your stay. We hope to be of servcie to you in the future.

Reviewed 23 September 2012

We arrived late at the end of our vacation planning to fly out in the morning. The hotel is minutes from the airport and offers a free shuttle which we used. Our room was not terrible but the bathroom floor was not totally clean and the deadbolt did not work properly and I had a terrible time getting it to lock. I finally got it locked while pulling up on the door nob. These are not major issues but I expect more from Courtyard.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I apologize that the bathroom floor was not completely clean. I will communicate with our Housekeeping Manager to ensure that proper training, cleaning and inspection of each guestroom and bathroom is being completed. Additionally, thank you for informing us via your post that there was an issue with the lock on your guestroom door. Our Maintenance staff will address this immediately. Your safety and that of all our guests is of great importance to us.

Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

It was a short one-night stay. Impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. They have a nice outdoor firepit that we would've enjoyed if we could keep warm with some hot chocolate or coffee. The advertise and take pride in serving Starbucks coffee all hours of the day, yet at midnight... We asked the front desk attendant about the coffee, and he said they were all out. He didnt even apologize for not having any or for it being an inconvenience. He actually recommended that we leave hotel and drive across the street to Shari's. Well, a big BOO to that! How about I'll be out of this place, and won't be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Headss
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to hear you were impressed with the cleanliness of your room. Our Housekeeping staff will enjoy receiving your feedback. However, I was disappointed to hear about your encounter with the desk agent at midnight. You are correct, you should have received the desired beverage when you inquired. I am sorry that our associate failed to provide this to you. Additionally, the cavalier attitude you encountered from our associate is unacceptable and will be addressed. I hope you will allow us to be of service to you in the future. We would welcome the opportunity to provide you with an outstanding stay.