“Great Restaurant”

Ranked #46 of 139 Hotels in Portland
Munich, Germany
“Great Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

This Courtyard has a remodeled lobby with the new Courtyard look, including a Bistro Cafe. It looks like a regular Bistro Cafe, but it actually has several dinner items that you wouldn't expect from a Courtyard, such as grilled fish, steak and pasta. The rooms are fine; they have not yet been remodeled. The fitness center is about average for Courtyard (a couple treadmills, a couple elliptical machines and a universal weight machine). The hotel is very convenient to the airport. But, that also means you hear the airplanes during your stay.

My tip for your stay is to buy your drinks from the vending machines on the floors. They are cheaper than at the front desk.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, I stayed in a room facing the street. It's a busy thoroughfare into the airport...
1 Thank RedondoSurferDude
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with others and with us. I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience in the Bistro. We are very happy that we have the ability to provide additional offerings such as Steak, Fish and Pasta. Additionally, we will be renovating our guestrooms later this year. Come back and see us again soon. We look forward to connecting with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

There was nothing spectacular about the hotel. It's a courtyard. The bed was soft, which I did not like. The bathrooms are such that the fan runs when the light is on, and the fan was loud. Four of my five days there one elevator was out of service and the other one was slower than slow. It's convenient to the airport and there are a some decent eating choices within a couple of miles. A car is a definite must.

Room Tip: The front side of the hotel can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
I wish we had been made aware of your discomfort during your stay. We would have been happy to provide you with a room that met your expectations and that you found comfortable. Thank you for making us aware of the fan issue in the bathroom. Our maintenance staff will address this today. Unfortunately, we did have the mother board for the main elevator go out a few days ago. The replacement part had to be shipped to us which caused delays in the repair process. I apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. The elevator is now up and running faster than ever. I hope you will return to us for future visits to Portland.
Kenai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

I stayed overnight for the first time at this Courtyard near the PDX airport. First off I will say that since the refresh of the Courtyard brand several years back I have avoided these like the plague. I do not like the Bistro concept nor do I need a large interactive Go Board in the lobby, I have my own technology for that!

During evening arrival hours the shuttle is on-call, so once you get outside be sure and give the hotel a call and let them know you are there. It was about an eight minute ride to the property. Check in was efficient, my gold status was recognized and the staff was very polite and we had a good conversation about the Courtyard brand. The agent was very proud of her hotel, which is a trait that I love to see.

The positive aspects of this stay included great staff both at the desk and in the bistro, a spacious very clean room, good fast wi-fi and microwave/refrigerator in the room. I know there was a fitness center and meeting rooms in the hotel, but I was there for a 12 hour turnaround and did not have a chance to visit them.

Honestly my only complaint is the Bistro. The agent told me on check in that they had an "enhanced Bistro" because they have a kitchen and food was made to order. It was, I had a sandwich and it wasn't bad, and it wasn't great. I had no other food options and that did the job of a meal until I had to fly out the next morning.

If you have other dining options in your trip, this is a great property. I would have preferred a full service property for this turn around trip, but there were none in very close proximity to PDX which is what was needed on this trip. Great value and wonderful staff!

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AKDan
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you for sharing your opinion of our hotel and your stay. I appreciate hearing from our guests and I take their input seriously. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. I'm sorry that your Bistro experience wasn't more positive. As a Courtyard with an Enhanced Plus menu we do offer steak, seafood and pasta dishes. We are fortunate to be able to offer a wider variety than most Courtyard. We will be undergoing room renovations this year. If you are traveling through Portland again later in the year we would love the opportuity to serve you. Maybe you can try out one of our heartier entrees in the Bistro. You have several delicious options to choose from. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again.
Santa Ana, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2013

This was a pretty average Courtyard but the worst part was I could have stayed at the ALOFT right down the street for $10 cheaper. For the money, I'd head to another chain for more comfort and a better scene. The bar was pretty good and the bartender was really cool. The food was OK but I'd have rather had something at a regular restaurant for the cost. I found the room to be very drab, no extras at all and laid out similar to a cheap line hotel room. For the money, I'd have expected a nicer room. I did really appreciate the free wifi but I could have gotten that at ALOFT too. I'd expect this to have been at least $25 cheaper per night, if not more.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. After the completion of our renovation I hope you will return for another stay. We would welcome the opportunity to change your mind about us. Also, thank you for the compliments on our bartender. Again, thank you for your input. I appreciate your candor.
Walla Walla, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2013

My first stay at a Marriott without a refrigerator or a microwave.
The bathroom counter was so small I had to place my soap and other accessories in the drawer in the bedroom.
The Staff was friendly.
This property needs to be remodeled to look like todays Courtyard properties.
It is old and run down.

Room Tip: Ask for a clean newer room with new carpet.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank elliott99362
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
I apologize that you found your room to be less than you expected. That can be very disappointing. I have good new for you though. We will begin a renovation of our guestrooms this year! It is an exciting time for us as we begin this process. We look forward to updating our rooms and providing a comfortable relaxing space for our guests. I hope you will allow us an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times and have found it to be clean, comfortable and extremely convenient to the airport. I recently stayed at the hotel ahead of an early morning flight and left behind something valuable in my room. When I called the hotel after realizing what I had done, they retrieved the item right away and the general manager of the hotel went out of her way to take responsibility and make sure that the item was shipped back to me. Many thanks to the alert and helpful staff!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dawna R, General Manager at Courtyard Portland Airport, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am delighted that we were able to return your item to you in a timely manner. Thank you choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Portland Airport when you visit our fair city. We look forward to connecting with you again soon. All my best...
Coos Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

Great service. Only minutes away and a complimentary shuttle to the airport. Rooms are good. Very clean. They provide an alarm clock you can plug your iPod into and play music. Free and fast wifi! Great stay overall.

• Stayed November 2012