“More than impressed”

Ranked #31 of 141 Hotels in Portland
Central Point, Oregon
“More than impressed”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have never taken the time to review a hotel, however after just returning from staying at this property I want to take the opportunity to write a review. My trip was one where everything started to unravel and I was scrambling to change airline reservations, meeting up with my family to say goodbye to my grandson leaving for the service, just barely on the recovery mode from having the flu, and experiencing anxiety and severe fatigue.
The staff was the most supportive staff I have encountered in a very long time. They bent over backwards to accomodate me and my family through all of our changes. They helped us with an extended check out, our beds were comfortable, the buffett breakfast was more than what we expected and very good. That is saying alot when you have teens to feed. The shuttle service was very dependable, friendly and efficient. Our room was very clean (a bit small but it was what we expected from the pictures) and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and wanting to stay in the area of the airport. Thank you Country Inn staff for your support during a challenging time!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Thank you and we hope everything is well! Take care and hope we see you and your family again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my husband from Dec 18th-21st. I didn't except too much cause it was a 2.5 stars hotel by the airport. But it turned out much better than I thought! The location was convenient, close enough to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Yes, the building is slightly old, but our room was clean and spacious. The free hot breakfast buffet was really good. There were lots of choices in terms of the food. They also offered free hot coffee and many kinds of free tea bags in the lobby. That was really nice because the weather was really cold.

Room Tip: Ask for king size bed if you prefer bigger bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you and we hope to see you again soon!
Corvallis, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I recently booked through expedia for this hotel. Wanted a park and fly - called exedia to see if they could book this. They put me on hold and came back short to say it was all confirmed. My reservation showed this. BUT get to the hotel for the classic bait and switch. The hotel claims they have told expedia they don't do this and then want to charge you additional for parking. There were three other families checking in at the time that had the same problem -- this is not coincidence!! Then tired and ready to end the day we make the next big mistake and paid for extended parking. When we returned from our trip we call for pickup. 25 minutes later we called again - 45 minutes later we called again and this time demanded to know when the bus would be there. They said the bus was just dispatched 2 minutes ago and didn't have a comment when asked why the bus wasn't dispatched 45 minutes ago!! After finally arriving - turns out there were 3 families needing transportation - all of which had been waiting 45 - 60 min. One of these was an older gal in a wheelchair - forced to wait outside in 32 degree chill all this time. DO NOT USE THIS PLACE - you will pay in ways you would not expect!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Susan M
Brad B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
I do apologize the guest felt misled but we do not offer a park and fly option through any third party booking site only if you book directly with the hotel. I would strongly suggest travelors always call the hotel directly to get this type of information. We would not tell expedia anything different as they call all the time to get the explanations from us. Also due to a injury to the normal driver I was actually the one driving the shuttle the night in question and I do very much remember the elderly lady in the wheelchair as it was cold that night and I felt bad as they said they had been waiting for some time. I do know I had been through there about three times that hour as I didn't really stop as calls were coming in. If somehow I missed these guests I do very much apologize
South Carolina
Reviewed 30 November 2012

We spend a night here when we flew in to portland airport and arrived at midnight. And in the morning at 8 am we had to start driving to Crater lake so this was a very convinient location to spend just few hours to get some sleep. The hotel was good, with good service and clean and nice room, though we had leakage in the bathroom and the water ran under the door and messed up our shoes and bags, i complained and they just were very happy!! to give me some points.
For a short stay and a place close to airport this is fine other wise I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Make sure your bathrooms are not leaking???
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Summerville
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We have stayed at all kinds of hotels through the years, but our stay at Country Inn & Suites (Portland Airport) was the best. From the reception desk to the friendly staff, we were accommodated with professionalism and hospitality. In fact, the bartender/waitress on duty during our one-night stay was AMAZING. She gave up some of her own free time (after-hours) in order to accommodate us. NEVER have we experienced such warm hospitality in any establishment anywhere else we've ever stayed. And the Inn is beautiful. Nice room, good restaurant, quiet even so close to the airport. We cannot recommend this Inn high enough...but we are certainly telling our friends and colleagues about it!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Palmetto
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Convenient to airport & freeways to town. Clean and comfortable, pleasant staff. Restaurant with decent free breakfast, also serve lunch and dinner with full bar. Nice indoor pool & workout room. Would be glad to stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Whittier, California
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Just returned home from Portland where we stayed at the airport Country Inn and Suites. We had an absolutely great stay! The airport shuttle driver was friendly and started off our trip well. We loved the mattress so much we want one just like it for our home ... never slept better! Breakfast room was nicely decorated and all the food was delicious! We could not have been happier and would gladly return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor and found this very convenient.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple