“Spectacular...Service..Cleanliness, Punctuality, Amenities”

Ranked #29 of 143 Hotels in Portland
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Spectacular...Service..Cleanliness, Punctuality, Amenities”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This property is fantastic!, rooms are spacious, staff is very accomodating, close to everything the Portland area has to offer....This hotel is a must stay when you stay in the Portland area for any type of event...I do a whole lot of traveling , and quite candidly this one of the best properties I have ever stayed at. Stayed from 10/23 to 10/28.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with our other potential guests. We very much appreciate it! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Portland!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed here a couple of days while visiting friends in the area. We made our reservations using Expedia - will never do that again. Checked with the hotel about checking out a day early. No problem with them, but the refund would have to come thru Expedia. They said the hotel would have to ok it. The hotel staff had to convince Expedia to refund the one nights stay. The front desk saved us a $100+ dollars.
This hotel reminds impressed we, with its cookie plate at the check-in counter and the coffee in the lobby for the guests. The front dest staff were top notch.

They also have a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, serving fruits, fruit salad, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, make-your own waffles, fruit juices, coffee/tea, and an assortment of breakfast pastries and bagels.They offer shuttle service to the airport as well as a nearby mall (restaurants, Best Buy, Target, etc.).

We thought the hotel is a bit difficult to find the first time - maybe too many hours getting to Portland from the East coast. If you want to be closer to lots of other hotels and places to eat, this place is not for you.

We found our room comfortable and clean. I have a bad back, but found the bed gave me a good nights sleep. Like most hotels there is always that “stupid guest” that gets their room door to slam like they are an angry teenager and talk loud in the hallways. Not the hotels fault - their parents fault.

Had dinner in the on site restaurant one evening. Food was good and not over priced.

Parking is free, it's minutes from the airport or the NE area.  I'd stay here again.

After we got home, I found an extra charge on my credit card statement. Called the hotel. It took them very little time to tell me that they were a charge for the restaurant (she even estimated it was two people with drinks or three without). She was correct. I forgot about the dinner. I tried to apologize, she said not to give it a second thought - said she was glad she could help. Thank you for the help!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with others. It makes me very proud to know my staff took such good care of you. We hope to see you again soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I've stayed in other hotels near PDX and this is by far the best with the most reasonable price. Our room was nice and I didn't expect a small fridge which was a nice surprise. The breakfast was also decent, although a larger area certainly wouldn't hurt. It was a little crowded and the beginning of the line was especially backed up by people waiting for toast. We'll be staying here again for our next pass through PDX. The bed was very comfortable and we slept really well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mollyskirin
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I completely agree with you that our breakfast room is a little small. We try whenever possible to open our meeting room for extra seating. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and it will be wonderful having you back!
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was my second stay here. I waited to review to see if it was too good to be true. It wasn't. Absolutely wonderful place to stay. The only issue was that this time we were here at the time of a conference and breakfast was a bit backed up. The employees worked very hard to satisfy all of us and went above and beyond even seeking me out on something I was missing. They more than made up for it. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! We hope to see you back soon!
Cottage Grove, Oregon
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were traveling on business doing a trade show at a nearby hotel. We needed van service since we did not have a car. They took us to our destination without any problems and picked us up after our show was over. A competent and friendly staff was really welcome after our last hotel experience with a different chain that left much to be desired. This hotel knows the real meaning of hospitality. Plus, they have a nice little restaurant that serves very good food as well and a complete breakfast buffet. We rented a jacuzzi suite and had relaxing evenings after work. Definitely recommend this place for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell others of your experience here at the Country Inn and Suites PDX. We hope to see you again soon!
Nottingham UK
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed three nights in October 2013 after flying in from LA. The County Inn + Suites has a strange sounding name and looks a bit weird to European eyes, with its rather ostentatious fountain at the front, but its people and the quality of the service would be difficult to fault. Arriving late at the airport, just ask for the airport information centre and they arrange for the hotel to send a shuttle bus. It arrives, with a friendly and cheerful driver, minutes later. Comfortingly, aircrew also stay at the CI&SBC. The hotel is some way out of Portland. This is not a problem - you can catch the free shuttle back to the airport or, if you fancy a walk, get the MAX light railway at Mt Hood Avenue stop. There is complimentary breakfast and plenty of it to satisfy hungry travellers. If you don't fancy coffee you have to get some tea bags from the lobby, I found. My room was well appointed if a little dark. What a delight to wake up to birds singing in the trees on the golf course in the morning! The wifi provides the vital connection for a business traveller. I chose the hotel because of a need to catch an early flight back to LA. For this, and for spending a few days exploring Portland, it proved ideal.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the golf course.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let others know of your experience with our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future! Take Care!
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Booked a night here on a third-party site for a good deal one night, and was kind of apprehensive about the quality; third-party bookings have always been hit-and-miss for me. This one was an awesome HIT!

The property was clean, the desk staff was great, and our room was clean and comfy. My only issue was that the breakfast room was way packed when we went down; this is often the case in hotels, and i have little patience for it. I tend to skip the free breakfast more often than not.

Now comes the truly awesome part of our stay: My son left his iPod in the room. The worst part of it was that he left it in a Safeway plastic bag with some rubbish type stuff; he had tossed it in there to free up some hand space when we were coming in. When I got a hold of the head of housekeeping, she went way above and beyond and actually went through the day's garbage in the dumpster to find the iPod. Of course, I left a nice tip when I picked up the device, but I was extremely pleased with this, and I know from experience that housekeeping is often on of the weaker links in the customer service chain.

I'd recommend this property to anyone and will surely stay again when I'm in the area and need a room!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Brad B, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Portland Airport, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you very much and we hope to see you again soon!